Yarra Speaker System
Nov 21, 2017 at 11:45 PM Post #3 of 291
Glad someone started a post about the Yarra!

Interesting concept to drive them through the Realiser like a headphone and let the Realiser do the decoding and DSP while the Yarra does the beamforming. I hope some interesting discussions about the matter comes up in this thread.

I ordered through Indiegogo.

Nov 22, 2017 at 11:03 AM Post #4 of 291
I ordered through Kickstarter. Really looking forward to setting up the Yarra and seeing how it fares.

I'm not sure I follow about the Realiser - Yarra connection though. What's up with that?

Nov 22, 2017 at 11:21 AM Post #5 of 291
I'm not sure I follow about the Realiser - Yarra connection though. What's up with that?
You would use the Realiser A16 to decode formats such as Dolby Atmos that the Yarra itself cannot decode, and use the Realiser's HRTF (PRIR) instead of the Yarra's HRTF to binauralize the multichannel audio. You would feed the Realiser's 2-channel binauralized output to the Yarra which beams it to your ears.

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2017 at 7:54 PM Post #6 of 291
Yep, and as I understood this wouldn't work with stereo speakers as you have too much crossfeed there so that would annihilate the Reaslisers DSP effect.
The Yarra is a speaker that uses beamforming trying to prevent crossfeed as much as possible. which makes it act more like a headphone.
So that could make it pair well with the Realisers DSP for headphones.
At least that is what I understood from it, please correct me if I'm talking nonsens here folks.

In any case the Realiser was mentioned somehwere on the Kickstarter or Indiegogo page of these guys.

Feb 22, 2018 at 3:49 PM Post #14 of 291
@apple - when I login on the Kickstarter page and go to "view pledge" there is a tab for "survey" and it shows my survey, dated 11/30. There is also a "contact" hotlink. You might check that out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back