Yarra Speaker System
Apr 30, 2018 at 9:01 AM Post #61 of 291
For the record, I did order a 2nd unit from the link posted by @Dr. AIX . Thanks. The Yarra better deliver on all its promises:)

Apr 30, 2018 at 9:50 AM Post #62 of 291
Thank you very much, @Erik Garci, for this information. However I would understand this modifying possibility in a way that you can shift the focus within the 3-6 and 12-15 sections and not in a way that you can extend sections without reducing quality. How do you understand it?
My understanding is that you can shift the focus point to any distance within 3 to 15 feet. For example, if you are sitting 9 feet away, you would modify the focus point of the near field mode to be 9 feet.

Maybe @Dr. AIX can clarify this today, his last day with the company.

Apr 30, 2018 at 10:10 AM Post #63 of 291
The binauralization can be turned on or off...it is not automatic. Those users that simply want to use the bar to create a stereo sound field would turn it off.
Does it mean you can use optical connection for the Realiser's output and simply turn Yarra's binauralization off? Why did you prefer analog connection?

Apr 30, 2018 at 10:34 AM Post #66 of 291
The binauralization can be turned on or off
Can you in the same way turn off 'selecting HRTF configurations from a variety of presets' (in case of Realiser's output)?
HRTF filtering is part of binauralization, so if binauralization is turned off HRTF configurations don't matter.

May 1, 2018 at 1:16 PM Post #68 of 291
I just learned from our Indiegogo account person that the campaign will end at midnight on Friday 5/4. They did a promotion for us on their site and wanted to give people a chance to get the device. There are about 40 units left at the 50% discount link. Thanks for the support!

May 2, 2018 at 6:38 AM Post #69 of 291
Dr, AIX, thank you once more for your additional discount and your posts. The following quotes from your posts helped me to make my decision:
When used in conjunction with the new Smyth Realiser, I think the end result will be a rare combination of immersive audio without headphones.
As I did at the show, you can send already binauralized two-channel information into and beam to near or far fields.
The near field is more impressive but the effect is still present from across the room. It will work quite well with the binauralized output of the Smyth in far field for a typical home theater.

May 16, 2018 at 9:27 AM Post #70 of 291
I realised that I will have 2 subwoofers playing along with my Yarra sound projector in my Oppo-Realiser-Yarra chain.
The first is the pre-Yarra and pre-Realiser one, bigger and deeper (up to 60Hz), connected to my Oppo player, usually playing along with my amp/speakers, but with them turned off in this case.
The second one is the Yarra's own subwoofer, smaller and less deep (up to 150Hz).
So, 2 simultaneous subwoofers, covering different ranges and complementing one another! Isn't that combination very interesting and promising?

May 16, 2018 at 3:02 PM Post #71 of 291
I realised that I will have 2 subwoofers playing along with my Yarra sound projector in my Oppo-Realiser-Yarra chain.
One issue to consider is that the audio will be slightly delayed by going through the Realiser and/or Yarra. So to keep the first subwoofer in sync, you might want to add a similar delay to it, or move it farther away, or feed the Realiser's tactile output to it, or feed the Yarra's subwoofer output to both subwoofers.

Last edited:
May 17, 2018 at 9:55 AM Post #72 of 291
One issue to consider is that the audio will be slightly delayed by going through the Realiser and/or Yarra. So to keep the first subwoofer in sync, you might want to add a similar delay to it, or move it farther away, or feed the Realiser's tactile output to it, or feed the Yarra's subwoofer output to both subwoofers.
You are right, thank you. But I would like to keep that subwoofer in it's original role - connected to the Oppo. You know, I use my amp/loudspeakers quite often. But, you used the word 'or' and not 'for example'. Does it mean that by 'add a similar delay to it' you mean there are some other methods, on the level of the Oppo itself (edit: except longer cable)?

Last edited:
May 17, 2018 at 10:58 AM Post #73 of 291
Does it mean that by 'add a similar delay to it' you mean there are some other methods, on the level of the Oppo itself (edit: except longer cable)?
If the Oppo provides a way to set the speaker distances, you would set a shorter distance for the subwoofer (and/or set longer distances for the other speakers), thus the Oppo would increase the signal delay for the subwoofer. For example, if the subwoofer is set to 6 feet, and the other speakers are set to 15 feet, giving a difference of 9 feet or 108 inches, the Oppo would delay the subwoofer signal by 8 ms (108/13.5) relative to the other speaker signals, assuming that the Oppo uses 13.5 inches/ms as the speed of sound. This delayed subwoofer signal should be fed to the 1st subwoofer only (not to the Realiser, Yarra or 2nd subwoofer).

May 17, 2018 at 3:13 PM Post #74 of 291
If the Oppo provides a way to set the speaker distances, you would set a shorter distance for the subwoofer (and/or set longer distances for the other speakers), thus the Oppo would increase the signal delay for the subwoofer. For example, if the subwoofer is set to 6 feet, and the other speakers are set to 15 feet, giving a difference of 9 feet or 108 inches, the Oppo would delay the subwoofer signal by 8 ms (108/13.5) relative to the other speaker signals, assuming that the Oppo uses 13.5 inches/ms as the speed of sound. This delayed subwoofer signal should be fed to the 1st subwoofer only (not to the Realiser, Yarra or 2nd subwoofer).
Thank you very much for the very useful instruction! Yes, Oppo provides a way to set the speaker distance. It applies to analog outputs only, so I can't mix it up with the output for the Realiser (HDMI). I will experiment with the different distances when the time comes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back