Yamamoto Sound Craft HA-02
Mar 12, 2010 at 3:55 AM Post #1,247 of 1,351
Well, I'm about to replace one of the tubes in my HA-02 and I just have a quick question.

Can I just pull the tube from the top of the amplifier, or do I have to open up the amplifier up completely to change the tube. This is my first tube change, and I'm a bit nervous about opening up the amplifier due to the voltages involved.

Thanks.

Mar 12, 2010 at 7:18 AM Post #1,248 of 1,351
Just pull the golden bars up and out easy like and then you have free access to the tubes to pull them up and out. Replace the bars by pushing them back in after putting in the new tubes. You do not need to and should not open box for a tube replacement.

Mar 12, 2010 at 8:03 AM Post #1,249 of 1,351
Quote:

Originally Posted by slwiser /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just pull the golden bars up and out easy like and then you have free access to the tubes to pull them up and out. Replace the bars by pushing them back in after putting in the new tubes. You do not need to and should not open box for a tube replacement.

Great, Thanks for the reply.

Mar 25, 2010 at 3:10 PM Post #1,250 of 1,351
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aslan123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I'm about to replace one of the tubes in my HA-02 and I just have a quick question.

This statement caught my attention. I not an EE and I don't know the tube's function in the yammys circut, but it seems to me they would have to both be switched out as a matched pair (else one tube would be much more burned in than the order). I've had the yammy since nov 2007 and am still on the set that came with the unit! I'm still happy: no grain or cracks or distorion in the sonics! I still have 6 NOS wa407s package in the closet somewhere too. Does anyone have any insight as to whether they need to both be switched out at the same time? Because if they don't I truly have a tube stock set for a lifetime.

Mar 25, 2010 at 10:39 PM Post #1,251 of 1,351
Match tubes is always best but it is my understanding that the amp does not required them.

Mar 26, 2010 at 4:17 AM Post #1,253 of 1,351
Thank you. I'm so torn with the yammy. I love it's mids for chamber pieces and it does sounds great with many other types of music: Radiohead, Bob Dylan, The Avrett Brothers etc -- but -- the unit really does miss extension on both extremes of the freq. No? And some extreme dynamics no? I also love the unit for sentimental reasons, since I lived in Japan for many years and have actually talked to Shige-san on the phone and such. I could never sell it. Still intching to upgrade to something balanced.... But then this unit seems like such a waste.... Unless I go full out o2 Stax.... Such a stupid hobby....

Mar 26, 2010 at 1:02 PM Post #1,254 of 1,351
Do I see sell it, how much
biggrin.gif

I want this one for my W5000, but I am broke
atsmile.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by wower /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thank you. I'm so torn with the yammy. I love it's mids for chamber pieces and it does sounds great with many other types of music: Radiohead, Bob Dylan, The Avrett Brothers etc -- but -- the unit really does miss extension on both extremes of the freq. No? And some extreme dynamics no? I also love the unit for sentimental reasons, since I lived in Japan for many years and have actually talked to Shige-san on the phone and such. I could never sell it. Still intching to upgrade to something balanced.... But then this unit seems like such a waste.... Unless I go full out o2 Stax.... Such a stupid hobby....

Mar 26, 2010 at 1:15 PM Post #1,255 of 1,351
Quote:

Originally Posted by salavat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone had a chance to compare Yammy with Elekit on HD 800? Elekit sounds soooo good...

The Yammy sounded like arse frankly with HD-800s, and the Elekit great. The Yammy sounds best IMO with low impedance headphones, such as the ATs (and I think Grados, though some people think not) and the Elekit is pretty good with everything, at least was with everything I've plugged into one, I know what I'd choose.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 26, 2010 at 1:28 PM Post #1,256 of 1,351
How about W5000, would you choose Yammy or Elekit TU-882AS?

THX

Quote:

Originally Posted by Currawong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Yammy sounded like arse frankly with HD-800s, and the Elekit great. The Yammy sounds best IMO with low impedance headphones, such as the ATs (and I think Grados, though some people think not) and the Elekit is pretty good with everything, at least was with everything I've plugged into one, I know what I'd choose.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 26, 2010 at 1:54 PM Post #1,257 of 1,351
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackmore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How about W5000, would you choose Yammy or Elekit TU-882AS?

THX

To answer that, I'd have to have all three in my possession at the same time. But just on the principle of value I'd choose the Elekit.

Jul 14, 2010 at 12:27 PM Post #1,260 of 1,351
Hello everyone! Guys, i'm asking for Your help!!!! (read as S.O.S:)
I've received Yammy a few days ago. It sounds great, of course... But it has a very annoying low background noise in the left channel (even without connecting to a sound source) 
frown.gif

Please, tell me, what could be causing this?
Thank You very much!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back