Yamamoto Sound Craft HA-02
Apr 30, 2008 at 11:29 PM Post #1,021 of 1,351
Quote:

Originally Posted by gjkphd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Brendon of Tube World says they sound the same. BTW, there was one pair left after Slwiser practically cleaned out the entire supply. but I bought it
biggrin.gif

Arrghh...He said he was out at noon. Guess I should not have specified WE's, unless all the inquiries got him motivated to look deeper! Guess I will wait till June...
redface.gif

Apr 30, 2008 at 11:34 PM Post #1,022 of 1,351
I got an email today saying mine ship tomorrow.

May 1, 2008 at 2:24 AM Post #1,023 of 1,351
Quote:

Originally Posted by slwiser /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got an email today saying mine ship tomorrow.

Thats good service...and thaks for your response, I look forward to hearing your upgrade reviews!
biggrin.gif

May 1, 2008 at 2:40 PM Post #1,024 of 1,351
Here's what I want to know:
1. Is the hum a widely-experienced problem?
2. If you own a MAD headphone amp (Ear + HD whatever) and the Yamamto, which do you prefer? Or how are they different?

May 1, 2008 at 4:32 PM Post #1,025 of 1,351
Hi, I'm looking for ONE SINGLE amp to drive my K340 and Grado HP2.

2 very different headphones. Will the Yammy be a good match for any of the 2?? I know its good for low impedence phones so does that staightaway rule it out for the K340??

May 1, 2008 at 10:26 PM Post #1,026 of 1,351
Frig lost my post!!!!!!!!!!

@Frihed89
1) There is a slight hum whos origins are debated in this thread. The final conclusion though is that as soon as you play music, even at the lowest levels, there is no way one will ever hear it.
2)Taut has both and if you send him a PM with specific questions I'm sure he will give you all the info one could ever want.

@Kalidor
The yammy is mostly known for driving ATs extremely well but from this thread it can't be denied that people have found happiness pairing other headphones with the yammy. If its the case with those phones, no one can see but your own ears. I'm sure someone here has tried the combinations and will pipe up.

May 1, 2008 at 10:43 PM Post #1,027 of 1,351
The Yammy is know to me as driving the Ultrasone Edition 9 extremely well as well as my ALO-780J.

May 2, 2008 at 1:24 PM Post #1,028 of 1,351
Quote:

Originally Posted by Frihed89 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here's what I want to know:
1. Is the hum a widely-experienced problem?
2. If you own a MAD headphone amp (Ear + HD whatever) and the Yamamto, which do you prefer? Or how are they different?

I seem to recall that the hum isn't manifest on all headphones - just some like the AKG 701 & W5000 (I think). Of course the Sony R10 / Qualia have it too, but then that's more or less expected.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalidor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi, I'm looking for ONE SINGLE amp to drive my K340 and Grado HP2.

2 very different headphones. Will the Yammy be a good match for any of the 2?? I know its good for low impedence phones so does that staightaway rule it out for the K340??

I'd look into a SinglePower Extreme (Platinum if you can stretch to it). It has a lot of welly and can handle low and high impedence headphones without much trouble.

May 4, 2008 at 4:14 AM Post #1,030 of 1,351
I got my cryo'ed tubes from tubeworld, that was fast. Now if I just had the amp.
frown.gif

May 4, 2008 at 8:33 AM Post #1,031 of 1,351
Quote:

Originally Posted by gjkphd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got my cryo'ed tubes from tubeworld, that was fast. Now if I just had the amp.
frown.gif

Mine has yet to show up....maybe Monday.

May 7, 2008 at 5:01 AM Post #1,032 of 1,351
Man, I am bummed. Eight weeks and not a word on my yammy. They promised it by the 5th but the distributor will not respond to mine (nor my wife's) inquires for the past two weeks. Anyone else having problems? Service was great when I was ordering!

May 7, 2008 at 6:16 AM Post #1,033 of 1,351
Generally the US distributer has been pretty good. I think he even made an appearance in this thread. Venus hifi? 8 weeks isn't too long yet. Don't worry until 12 weeks. However, no communication is strange. It bugs me (to heck!) that as we move into the 21st there are still business that haven't taken the clue to make email use widespread in their organizations. It's just so easy and connvience for a customer wanting a quick update. I feel your pain. Keep us posted!

May 7, 2008 at 9:04 AM Post #1,034 of 1,351
Twelve weeks for me with my first one. I think their build cycle is about 12 weeks to go through all their product orders.

May 8, 2008 at 3:39 AM Post #1,035 of 1,351
I'm approaching the 11 week mark myself. I was told that the amp was to ship last week but I have no amp yet. Here's the good news. I was able to listen to one at the Can Jam. I have to say I was really happy with the sound through my AT W5000. I played Baba O'Relly from Who's next, the CD happened to be there. At the beginning of that song I could here each individual note like I'd never heard it before. Aren't those the experiences we seek in this hobby? Well maybe it'll show up tomorrow. BTW, Brian responded yesterday pretty promptly when I e mailed him to tell him I haven't received it yet. I don't know how good HIS communicitation is with Yamamoto though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back