Yamamoto Sound Craft HA-02
Apr 9, 2008 at 2:12 PM Post #991 of 1,351
Quote:

Originally Posted by tarobyte /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just for anyone considering ordering this amp now. I ordered mine 3/10 and it's to be delivered to me tomorrow 4/10. I am in Tokyo but still Yamamoto-san maybe is having more bandwidth these days. Very much looking forward to hearing this amp with W1000 (arrived 2 weeks ago) and GS1000 (also to arrive tomorrow!). Really though I'd better stop this rampage
smily_headphones1.gif

Congratulations on your new Yamamoto HA-02, enjoy it.

If you want to try a reasonably priced non-stock power cord try our the new ones from IeGO. I have one on one of mine and I think it works very well. I have the silver coated plug IeGO cord which was even more than the base model but base one having the same cable should work well also.

Apr 9, 2008 at 8:01 PM Post #993 of 1,351
Quote:

Just for anyone considering ordering this amp now. I ordered mine 3/10 and it's to be delivered to me tomorrow 4/10. I am in Tokyo but still Yamamoto-san maybe is having more bandwidth these days. Very much looking forward to hearing this amp with W1000 (arrived 2 weeks ago) and GS1000 (also to arrive tomorrow!). Really though I'd better stop this rampage
smily_headphones1.gif

Do let us know how the W1000's and the GS1000's compare on the Yammy!

Apr 9, 2008 at 8:04 PM Post #994 of 1,351
Quote:

Originally Posted by wower /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The air quotes looked suspicious so decided to google it. It exists. I will never doubt java again. (How many times have I said that in this thread.)
wink.gif

Sorbothane is a softish very funny almost jelly like substance, just not as soft, and is rather tough, but acts as a very good "damping" layer, just feels weird to handle it tho, i.e. to me it just feels "funny" ...

Apr 10, 2008 at 12:52 AM Post #995 of 1,351
well now I'm officially becoming antsy, I ordered a yammy from the US distributor, I was told a 6 week wait, it's been 6 1/2 weeks, hopefully next week. I want it built right, not built quick so I'm not complaining, just hoping it comes soon as there's a W5000 waiting for it to make beautiful music together

Apr 10, 2008 at 12:58 AM Post #996 of 1,351
Quote:

Originally Posted by gjkphd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well now I'm officially becoming antsy, I ordered a yammy from the US distributor, I was told a 6 week wait, it's been 6 1/2 weeks, hopefully next week. I want it built right, not built quick so I'm not complaining, just hoping it comes soon as there's a W5000 waiting for it to make beautiful music together

No fear Brian will take care of you. It took 12 weeks for my first one. Yes, sweet music awaits you with your combination.

Apr 10, 2008 at 3:00 AM Post #997 of 1,351
Anyone try these HIFi-Tuning fuses with the HA-02 yet?

Apr 10, 2008 at 3:02 AM Post #998 of 1,351
Quote:

Originally Posted by slwiser /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No fear Brian will take care of you. It took 12 weeks for my first one. Yes, sweet music awaits you with your combination.

I ordered mine 4 weeks ago.....argh its getting tough!

Apr 10, 2008 at 3:03 PM Post #1,000 of 1,351
Mine was ordered about 7 weeks ago and I am semi-patiently waiting. I decided to use the W1000s with it to start so I have been breaking them in over the last month and a half or so.

I plan to lay in a supply of replacement tubes and it seems that there are several options. One is "cryogenically" treated tubes - are they worth the premium? I ask because I am a tube novice and I don't know if I should just buy the $5 used tubes or the $20 cryo treated new guys.

Good luck other waiters
wink.gif

Apr 10, 2008 at 4:03 PM Post #1,001 of 1,351
Thanks for the warm welcome and all the insights. Still fairly inexperienced with headphones but would like to contribute.

IC-wise I just picked up a mid-range Kimber mini to RCA (bought retail so could only allow myself the short copper@12,500yen) but am actually pleased with the transparency. It was an impulse buy to scratch my audio itch while waiting for delivery of the Yamamoto
smily_headphones1.gif
Rakuten does have some great deals but the waiting is sometimes tough. I also check ’†ŒÃƒI[ƒfƒBƒI”Ì”„E”ƒŽæ‚̃tƒWƒ„ƒG[ƒrƒbƒN ƒfƒWƒ^ƒ‹ƒXƒ^ƒCƒ‹ƒVƒ‡ƒbƒv pretty often as there's a variety of interesting gear going through there.

The implementation of the wood on the HA-02 is a typical example of Japanese perfectionism. I am pretty confident that Yamamoto-san gets an understated little grin upon finishing every one of these enclosures that make the grade. Impressed at the sound out of the box but not confident yet to make any judgements as I've got too many new parts in the mix.

The W1000 have jumped into a different league - tighter bass, impressive soundstage from a closed phone, good separation, and articulate highs - enjoying the comination alot.
The GS1000 I don't have any point of reference, and as I bought them used I don't know if they are burned in sufficiently yet or not - all that aside despite the mixed reviews I've seen I am liking what I am hearing so far. Was expecting a harsher sound out of the box.

Right now I am wishing I had more ears

Apr 13, 2008 at 1:36 PM Post #1,002 of 1,351
I was really unhappy with an Ipod as source for the yammy though I fully admit I wasn't using anything better than 224k/s ACC. The treble was grainy as sin!!! I see you are using a far better encoding though and will surely get better results. Certainly poeple in the portable source and computer as source forums don't lement the quality or musicality of ipods or lossless files so don't perceive my comments as negative. What can I say? CD is my media. Just a friendly heads up if you are finding the highs grainy. Yikes on the kimber cable!! Kimber is really over-priced in Japan. Make sure you take a look at Japanese cables because they are well priced. But, wanting a mini-RCA might have left you with few options as I have never seen that format by a Japanese cable manufacture. And now with that cord you are set for life.

Apr 14, 2008 at 3:30 PM Post #1,003 of 1,351
slwiser I haven't experienced any hum with mine yet though it seems there may be SQ improvements possible that I don't yet have experience with - I am interested to hear your experience with the 3rd party powercord.

wower sadly you are 100% right. Kimber is definitely overpriced here - I use the mini>RCA just from the PC to the Yamamoto, but am still searching for a good USB DAC solution - the x-meridian with BB opamp is doing ok for now (maybe taking some edge off the GSK?) but I suspect much more can be pulled from these huge files. Have a Pico on order but kind of doubt it will be the end all.

Java - Still to early to tell between W1000 and GS1000. The AT synergy is obvious from the start but the Grado seems to be gaining ground daily as the burn in continues. The GS is starting to sound like a good pairing with the Yammy's well-controlled bass/treble extremes

Opinions seem polarized about this phone but I do find I'm spending more and more time enjoying the Grado-Yammy combo...

Apr 14, 2008 at 4:54 PM Post #1,004 of 1,351
Quote:

slwiser I haven't experienced any hum with mine yet though it seems there may be SQ improvements possible that I don't yet have experience with - I am interested to hear your experience with the 3rd party powercord.

My IeGO power cord seem to make a bigger difference to me than higher end ICs. The sound seem to take on a bit of an extra dimension to me once the new IeGO went in to the mix.

Apr 25, 2008 at 4:45 PM Post #1,005 of 1,351
Quote:

Java - Still to early to tell between W1000 and GS1000. The AT synergy is obvious from the start but the Grado seems to be gaining ground daily as the burn in continues. The GS is starting to sound like a good pairing with the Yammy's well-controlled bass/treble extremes

Opinions seem polarized about this phone but I do find I'm spending more and more time enjoying the Grado-Yammy combo...

Listen awhile longer, as you say, opinion on the GS1000's is very polarized, and this is why I specifically asked you opinion, when you are ready...

Many thanks,

About to start making myself some custom power cables ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back