Yamamoto Sound Craft HA-02
Apr 26, 2008 at 8:54 PM Post #1,006 of 1,351
Quote:

Originally Posted by whaleyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mine was ordered about 7 weeks ago and I am semi-patiently waiting. I decided to use the W1000s with it to start so I have been breaking them in over the last month and a half or so.

I plan to lay in a supply of replacement tubes and it seems that there are several options. One is "cryogenically" treated tubes - are they worth the premium? I ask because I am a tube novice and I don't know if I should just buy the $5 used tubes or the $20 cryo treated new guys.

Good luck other waiters
wink.gif

Hi, I think cryo'ed matched pairs would be worth the few extra. What is your source for cryoed toobs? Tube world did not offer cryo I think, maybe I missed something. Like you I have been burning in my W1000's while away at work for at least 200 hrs now. Am I done?

My yamy is due any day now!
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 29, 2008 at 4:49 PM Post #1,007 of 1,351
The source for the cryo'ed tubes was indeed Tubeworld. I have not purchased any tubes, yet, but I have talked via email with them and the cryo'ed tubes came up. I can't remember if they are listed on the web page or not.

My amp is also supposed to arrive soon - this week was forecast. Good luck!

Apr 29, 2008 at 5:37 PM Post #1,008 of 1,351
Quote:

Originally Posted by whaleyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The source for the cryo'ed tubes was indeed Tubeworld. I have not purchased any tubes, yet, but I have talked via email with them and the cryo'ed tubes came up. I can't remember if they are listed on the web page or not.

My amp is also supposed to arrive soon - this week was forecast. Good luck!

Exactly how did you order the cryo'ed tubes? I am interested for mine.

Apr 30, 2008 at 2:10 AM Post #1,009 of 1,351
Tube World has NOS Northern Electric cryo'ed 408A's. Not sure of the price per per.

Hey, Whaleyboy my amp is supposed to ship this week as well. let's see who gets one first!

Apr 30, 2008 at 9:45 AM Post #1,010 of 1,351
Quote:

Originally Posted by gjkphd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tube World has NOS Northern Electric cryo'ed 408A's. Not sure of the price per per.

Thanks, I finally found the reference to the cryo'ed tubes. I ordered three pair, all they had on their listing.

Apr 30, 2008 at 10:29 AM Post #1,011 of 1,351
Hey SLWISER, Let us know if you can tel the differance between cryo'd and non-cryo'd. Has your new PC broken in more? Happy with it?

Thanks. Hopeing my Yammy comes by the 5th of May for b-day!
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 30, 2008 at 4:41 PM Post #1,013 of 1,351
Quote:

Originally Posted by slwiser /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks, I finally found the reference to the cryo'ed tubes. I ordered three pair, all they had on their listing.

You didn't save any for the rest of us
frown.gif

Apr 30, 2008 at 8:53 PM Post #1,014 of 1,351
Quote:

Yea SLWISER! Sell us some! they last 10,000+ hrs I think. Just kidding...Tube world will have more cryo'ed by JUNE they say
tongue.gif

Apr 30, 2008 at 8:54 PM Post #1,015 of 1,351
Quote:

You didn't save any for the rest of us
frown.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by canyon_john /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yea SLWISER! Sell us some! they last 10,000+ hrs I think. Just kidding...Tube world will have more cryo'ed by JUNE they say
tongue.gif

Well I do have two Yamamoto HA-02s to feed.

Apr 30, 2008 at 9:33 PM Post #1,016 of 1,351
Quote:

Well I do have two Yamamoto HA-02s for feed.

ok, last I checked 2 times 2 was 4, not 6.
wink.gif

Apr 30, 2008 at 10:09 PM Post #1,017 of 1,351
Quote:

ok, last I checked 2 times 2 was 4, not 6.
wink.gif

That is "to feed" and you know you need backups.

Apr 30, 2008 at 10:14 PM Post #1,018 of 1,351
Quote:

So you got the Northern Electric 408a's not the Western. Do you know if there is a significant sonic signature differance between the two?
confused.gif

Thanks...

Apr 30, 2008 at 11:13 PM Post #1,019 of 1,351
Quote:

So you got the Northern Electric 408a's not the Western. Do you know if there is a significant sonic signature differance between the two?
confused.gif

Thanks...

I already have extra WE tubes and some GE tubes now I will have NE tubes that are cryo'ed. I really have not notice any difference between the regular WE and GE tubes. The thing that made me think that something got better is the IeGO PC that I place on one of the Yamamoto's. This made me think it open up even more of the SEP sound that is possible. Once I put the tubes in the one with the IeGO cable I will also put in a cryo'ed hi-fi fuse and see what happens.

I had one tube that seem to get a little microphonic on me and the replacement is better. I also am using to Deoxit Gold on the plugs.

Apr 30, 2008 at 11:22 PM Post #1,020 of 1,351
Quote:

confused.gif

Thanks...

Brendon of Tube World says they sound the same. BTW, there was one pair left after Slwiser practically cleaned out the entire supply. but I bought it
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back