Originally Posted by ronfint /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If I were going to a coffee shop, I'd like to see this

Cap.jpg

rather than audio goodies.

Both is better!!!
biggrin.gif
580smile.gif

Oct 11, 2007 at 4:08 AM Post #723 of 1,351
It's not bad. That's the combo I use at work and it does just fine. Not saying you can't do better, but I am satisfied enough not to upgrade.

Oct 11, 2007 at 4:40 AM Post #724 of 1,351
Quote:

Originally Posted by Icarium /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's not bad. That's the combo I use at work and it does just fine. Not saying you can't do better, but I am satisfied enough not to upgrade.

Thanks. I just got the 0404 last week actually. I like it a lot, but I'm itching to upgrade already, but I'd like a sanity check.

I have an old Sony MDR-V6 thats like 8 years old and I plan to get the ATH-W1000 soon.

Assuming, I'm trying to keep my hearing, will the Yamamoto amp really make a difference versus the built-in amp in the 0404? Even at more or less the same volume?

Thanks,
Shige

Oct 11, 2007 at 2:35 PM Post #725 of 1,351
Quote:

Originally Posted by typeshige /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks. I just got the 0404 last week actually. I like it a lot, but I'm itching to upgrade already, but I'd like a sanity check.

Well, you can do better than the 0404, but it is good DAC, you can get better at a price as per usual.

Quote:

I have an old Sony MDR-V6 thats like 8 years old and I plan to get the ATH-W1000 soon.

Assuming, I'm trying to keep my hearing, will the Yamamoto amp really make a difference versus the built-in amp in the 0404? Even at more or less the same volume?

The Yamamoto will be considerably better ...

The ATH-W1000 sound very good with the Yamamoto ...

Oct 11, 2007 at 3:44 PM Post #726 of 1,351
Just got a loan pair of HD-650's, and well, I am enjoying them immensely, their sound is fuller, more solid, more focused, than the HD-580's that have been mine for the last 13-14 years. The same sound, just better ...
600smile.gif

I like my HD-580's sound, tho I am not mad about the HD-600 sound, don't think they are any great improvement over the HD-580's, but the HD-650's are definitely a worthwhile improvement ....

Oct 11, 2007 at 5:17 PM Post #727 of 1,351
It looks like I better start saving up!!! Thanks everyone. I can't wait to get the Yamamoto.

Quote:

Originally Posted by java /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, you can do better than the 0404, but it is good DAC, you can get better at a price as per usual.

The Yamamoto will be considerably better ...

The ATH-W1000 sound very good with the Yamamoto ...

Oct 11, 2007 at 8:58 PM Post #728 of 1,351
Quote:

Originally Posted by slwiser /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I sure will when I get it burned in properly. Right now I have focused on the sounds from the Ultrasone CD, jazz female vocals, classical (Mahler) and the music of Hiroshima (one of my favorites).

I'm really looking forward to further impressions of how the Yamamoto and the Edition 9 function together.

Oct 11, 2007 at 9:09 PM Post #729 of 1,351
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamprologus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm really looking forward to further impressions of how the Yamamoto and the Edition 9 function together.

I have had it own since Sun morning. I now have about 100 hours on it. I will let it cook for another couple of days before getting back with more impressions.

Oct 12, 2007 at 7:11 PM Post #730 of 1,351
Quote:

I have had it own since Sun morning. I now have about 100 hours on it. I will let it cook for another couple of days before getting back with more impressions.

That's great, really looking forward to your impressions. Congrats on your new amp btw
icon10.gif

Oct 12, 2007 at 7:23 PM Post #731 of 1,351
I can say this...with my ATH-ANC7s I am very surprised in how the Yamamoto HA-02 makes this one scale, very surprising. Maybe it is the Audio Technica synergy that is coming through.

Oct 13, 2007 at 2:36 PM Post #732 of 1,351
What are the best practice rules for unplugging and re-plugging headphones into and out of the HA-02 when doing comparisons?

Oct 13, 2007 at 5:39 PM Post #733 of 1,351
Quote:

What are the best practice rules for unplugging and re-plugging headphones into and out of the HA-02 when doing comparisons?

Best Practice? - switch of the amp, wait for it to discharge all capacitors, somehow don't think so ...

Me, I just pull the headphone out, and plug the next one in, never heard any pops, screeches or any other nasty's that way, though it sometimes crosses my mind about the amp being on without a load ...

Oct 14, 2007 at 12:21 AM Post #735 of 1,351
Quote:

I tend to turn the volume down between headphone changes to protect the headphones.

Also, I have a pair of speakers hooked up to the speaker posts, so there's always a load on the amp circuit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back