Yamamoto Sound Craft HA-02
Oct 7, 2007 at 11:16 PM Post #706 of 1,351
Quote:

Originally Posted by wower /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I really like hearing about all the different combinations people are using with this amp. slwiser, can you go more into what music you were using to make your impressions? thx.

I sure will when I get it burned in properly. Right now I have focused on the sounds from the Ultrasone CD, jazz female vocals, classical (Mahler) and the music of Hiroshima (one of my favorites).

Oct 8, 2007 at 7:46 AM Post #707 of 1,351
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gav /img/forum/go_quote.gif
siwiser you have a way with words that I lack
smily_headphones1.gif

Great to read your initial thoughts of your experiance so far with the
HA-02 & UE9 combination, it would be great to here how much differance it makes depending on the .

HA-02 & UE9 combination, it would be great to here how much differance it makes depending on the source.

Sorry I didnt notice that my sentance ended without source in the original post makes more scence now
confused.gif

Oct 8, 2007 at 8:56 AM Post #708 of 1,351
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gav /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HA-02 & UE9 combination, it would be great to here how much differance it makes depending on the source.

Sorry I didnt notice that my sentance ended without source in the original post makes more scence now
confused.gif

My preferred source is the Lavry DA10 but the iMod does not embarrassed itself.

Oct 8, 2007 at 4:11 PM Post #711 of 1,351
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That guy is sitting a bit close like...

It's a big problem in Japan. People have little space and so speaker positioning can be hard. Having said that a lot of Japanese speakers are designed for such situations, particularly "midi" systems but some audiophile gear as well.

A friend showed me a very interesting magazine which had a lot of info on speaker types and placement for close listening. He is holding a copy I got on back order for me, can't wait to read^H^H^H^Hspend hours translating unknown kanji
smily_headphones1.gif

Er, anyway. I imagine the low power speaker connections on this amp were designed for this kind of close BGM listening.

Oct 8, 2007 at 4:31 PM Post #712 of 1,351
You're right. I currently have a pair of floorstanders literally 2 or 3 feet away from me. When I power them with my normal speaker amps, they sound far too big and incoherent.

Powering them with the HA-02, the sound is less big, but a lot more integrated.

Interesting and good.... :)

Oct 8, 2007 at 4:49 PM Post #713 of 1,351
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That guy is sitting a bit close like...

Nearfield listening ...

Oct 8, 2007 at 10:24 PM Post #716 of 1,351
These type of "audio coffee shops" all over Japan. I know of two in Sapporo alone. The one I have been to a couple of times is pretty sweet. Small, cozy, high booths, dark dark woods. Behind the bar sits a McIntosh front-end with some type of beautiful boutique full-range Japanese speakers. Oh, and the music is always classical, at least at that shop. Great coffee too; ordering takes awhile but it's worth it.

Oct 8, 2007 at 11:30 PM Post #717 of 1,351
Quote:

Originally Posted by wower /img/forum/go_quote.gif
These type of "audio coffee shops" all over Japan. I know of two in Sapporo alone. The one I have been to a couple of times is pretty sweet. Small, cozy, high booths, dark dark woods. Behind the bar sits a McIntosh front-end with some type of beautiful boutique full-range Japanese speakers. Oh, and the music is always classical, at least at that shop. Great coffee too; ordering takes awhile but it's worth it.

Are there any in Hokkaido? I'm going to visit there in early February.

Thanks.

Oct 9, 2007 at 6:05 AM Post #718 of 1,351
Yes. They're near central Sapporo but sadly not conveniently located near any buses or subways. It's more of a neighborhood place that focuses on the locals. The one I went to is in Fushimi-ku, the other one is goodness knows where, up the hill from it I think. Walking distance for me but way out of the friggn way for a special trip. You must be coming for the Yuki Matsuri? I hope you have all your reservations now.

Oct 9, 2007 at 6:50 AM Post #719 of 1,351
Quote:

Originally Posted by ronfint /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are there any in Hokkaido? I'm going to visit there in early February.

Thanks.

going to the yuki-matsuri? fun time...great skiing, too! i'm getting nostalgic for some good ramen...
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 9, 2007 at 12:05 PM Post #720 of 1,351
Quote:

Originally Posted by kugino /img/forum/go_quote.gif
going to the yuki-matsuri? fun time...great skiing, too! i'm getting nostalgic for some good ramen...
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm sorry -- I misspoke. I just checked my calendar, I'll be visiting Hiroshima University then, not Hokkaido. So I'll be far away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back