Yamamoto Sound Craft HA-02
Sep 23, 2007 at 8:26 PM Post #661 of 1,351
I could not find a local store with th CD, I found one on eBay and its in HongKong
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 1, 2007 at 8:10 AM Post #662 of 1,351
i'm listening to the yamamoto with my newly-acquired k1000. while not anywhere near the performance of the signature 30 driving these k1000, i must say that it's not too bad. as expected, you lose a lot of the low end impact with the yamamoto. bass riffs are too much in the background and overwhelmed by the accentuated treble. vocals are a bit thin...diana krall doesn't sound quite herself. her rich alto loses its weight and texture and when she hits high notes it's a bit piercing.

i'm listening with the volume knob at 10 o'clock and it's pretty loud. any louder and it's too loud...and the music starts to distort. still, i can listen to this as background music while doing work and it's not a problem at all. for very involved and critical listening i'll use the sig 30, but the yamamoto's alright!

Oct 1, 2007 at 3:40 PM Post #663 of 1,351
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gav /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I could not find a local store with th CD, I found one on eBay and its in HongKong
smily_headphones1.gif

Cannot find it locally either, but Amazon have a copy up, $32 US ... , might have to go that route ... :frowning2:

Oct 1, 2007 at 6:23 PM Post #664 of 1,351
Quote:

Originally Posted by java /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cannot find it locally either, but Amazon have a copy up, $32 US ... , might have to go that route ... :frowning2:

For once I'm happy to live in Sweden ....
icon10.gif
CD ordered locally and on the way, I'm really looking forward to listening to it.

Oct 2, 2007 at 12:59 AM Post #665 of 1,351
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamprologus
For once I'm happy to live in Sweden ....
icon10.gif
CD ordered locally and on the way, I'm really looking forward to listening to it.

Looking forward to impressions from our man in Sweden
cool.gif
!

Cheers,
Garry

PS Cheer up
600smile.gif
- living in Sweden can't be all that bad - beautiful Swedish (blonde) women, Swedish meatballs
blink.gif
, turbo-charged SAABs and Volvos , etc, etc.

Oct 2, 2007 at 7:45 AM Post #666 of 1,351
Quote:

Originally Posted by java /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have baught the one I saw on eBay which cost $27 Aust delivered ( a good price as far as I can tell )

Only thing is it hasnt arrived yet and I'm starting to worrie a wee bit
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 2, 2007 at 12:04 PM Post #667 of 1,351
just received mine today. already am very impressed by the amp even without burn-in,just love the airiness and warmness present by this amp. i am looking to buy a ath wood headphone to match with the amp, any1 want to sell me one?

Oct 2, 2007 at 3:14 PM Post #668 of 1,351
The harsh, unlistenable treble I was getting through the HA-02 via my EMU 1212m into my R10's has been removed by placing my newly arrived Wavelength Crimson in the chain.

Music, once again...

Oct 2, 2007 at 3:22 PM Post #669 of 1,351
Quote:

Originally Posted by minivan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
just received mine today. already am very impressed by the amp even without burn-in,just love the airiness and warmness present by this amp. i am looking to buy a ath wood headphone to match with the amp, any1 want to sell me one?

congratulations! amazing how this amp makes us want to get some wood, huh?
evil_smiley.gif
i guess we'll both be in the bidding for any ath woodie that comes up...

btw, how do you like your k701 with the yamamoto? i was actually quite happy with this pairing. reviews in this thread didn't seem to excited about this pairing but i found the yamamoto brought out the missing aspects of the k701. gave it some warmth and midrange that other amps lack...

Oct 2, 2007 at 8:46 PM Post #670 of 1,351
Quote:

Originally Posted by GarryH /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Looking forward to impressions from our man in Sweden
cool.gif
!

Cheers,
Garry

PS Cheer up
600smile.gif
- living in Sweden can't be all that bad - beautiful Swedish (blonde) women, Swedish meatballs
blink.gif
, turbo-charged SAABs and Volvos , etc, etc.

LOL!

Sure, I'll share my impressions as soon as i have the opportunity to listen to the CD.

Btw, you're true, it may not seem too bad to live in Sweden. We have Swedish meatballs (who else has - and for good reasons
rolleyes.gif
). We have lots of blonde women (and men for that matter) - not all that gorgeous and besides, blondes do not seem that exotic in Sweden. SAAB and Volvo, yeah, the problem is that a good old Toyota (without Turbo) is better value even in Sweden. In addition, we pay a lot in income tax
very_evil_smiley.gif
(40-50% of the total income) and, more specifically, when we buy headphones outside of the EU we are punished with having to pay import duty and VAT of more than 25% of the total value (headphone+shipping cost)
mad.gif

More seriously though, I'm currently trying to decide on a nice amp for my Ultrasone Edition 9. The Yamamoto, Rudistor RPX-33, WooAudio WA6 and the LISA are my candidates. I'm eagerly awaiting reports from those who have the Edition 9 and wait for/have the Yamamoto.

Oct 2, 2007 at 9:44 PM Post #671 of 1,351
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamprologus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL!

We have lots of blonde women (and men for that matter) - not all that gorgeous and besides, blondes do not seem that exotic in Sweden.

so are brunettes more exotic in sweden?
wink.gif

though you do pay a lot in income taxes at least you have a national health care system as well as a good pension system...

i may have to look into this CD, too...sounds pretty cool. i can just imagine the amazing soundstage possible with the k1000...

Oct 2, 2007 at 10:35 PM Post #672 of 1,351
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamprologus /img/forum/go_quote.gif

More seriously though, I'm currently trying to decide on a nice amp for my Ultrasone Edition 9. The Yamamoto, Rudistor RPX-33, WooAudio WA6 and the LISA are my candidates. I'm eagerly awaiting reports from those who have the Edition 9 and wait for/have the Yamamoto.

I have Edition 9, Yamamoto and RPX-33. Now my HA-02 has close to 300 hrs break in, the HA-02 has a bit more bass with Edition 9, I still prefer Edition 9 + RPX-33 so far, RPX-33 sounds more "natural" and more transparent with Edition 9.

However, the HA-02 really makes my DT990' 05 and K501 sing
biggrin.gif
I never really enjoy these two headphones as they sound "boring" to my ears, very enjoyable/musical, full-bodied and refined.

Oct 3, 2007 at 10:39 AM Post #673 of 1,351
Quote:

Originally Posted by kugino /img/forum/go_quote.gif
congratulations! amazing how this amp makes us want to get some wood, huh?
evil_smiley.gif
i guess we'll both be in the bidding for any ath woodie that comes up...

btw, how do you like your k701 with the yamamoto? i was actually quite happy with this pairing. reviews in this thread didn't seem to excited about this pairing but i found the yamamoto brought out the missing aspects of the k701. gave it some warmth and midrange that other amps lack...

i use k701 , because that's the only headphone i have lol. yeah i had read about the k701 is not pair very well with the yamma. but my impression of the amp is very good already, i feel like my headphone has expand another inch. feel like music is suspend in the air, i read about k701 has big soundstage, now i do really feel it
580smile.gif
i also like the tone of the music, it sound so organic to me, listening to some of the music with violin, cello, piano is so touching , it really make me want to break down and cry
biggrin.gif

garryh said the ath wood can match well with the amp, now i can wait to get my hand all over this can. btw ,if u want to buy ath can new, u can buy it from www.pricejapan.com

Oct 3, 2007 at 12:52 PM Post #674 of 1,351
I was listening to my HA-02 last night on my L3000's trying to do some A-B tests vs the DHA3000. I was enduring some horrible hum on the HA-02 through the left channel, so I tried unplugging my diy mains filter cable for a standard kettle plug. Unfortunately it didn't cure the hum so I switched back to the DHA3000.

Later, doing a similar test on my R10, except for going from the DHA3000 to the HA-02, I noticed that the sound was noticably inferior on the HA-02, where previous experience told me that it was usually better. Puzzled, I swapped out the regular kettle plug back to my mains filter cable and all was well.

The sound prior to this change was choppy, insubstantial and anemic. It sounded like there were gaps in the music - that it wasn't all there.

In comparison the DHA3000 sounded grippy, smooth and full. Very enjoyable, if a slight emphasis on the treble (essential for the L3000, less good for the R10).

The HA-02 with the mains filter now sounded superb - holographic, full and with great detail. Excellent soundstage, rivaling my K1000's through my speaker amps.

My mains filter cable are DIY ones, made according to these instructions: http://www.tnt-audio.com/clinica/mains_e.html and it was the first time I really noticed a big difference using them.

I do recommend this as a good tweak, but please use at your own risk.

Oct 3, 2007 at 1:22 PM Post #675 of 1,351
Where do you find this stuff Garry?
tongue.gif

For our Brit owners (are there any?), I managed to get this CD within a week or so from HMV, £10.99 delivered.

Very nice tunes but clearly not very refined in my work rig.

Will be interesting to see how this stacks up against The Sixteen's "Ikon" tonight :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by GarryH /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sampling my new favourite CD Now the Green Blade Riseth (XRCD, Prorious/JVC Victor), things got even better. This is an absolutely beautiful collection of Swedish Choral music performed by the Stockholm Cathedral Choir that has been recorded to the highest standard. The lovely choir set against the wafting and waning of strings and winds was breathtaking. The subtlety and texture of individual instruments (oboes / flutes / organs / strings) coming in and out of the foreground was equally impressive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back