Yamamoto Sound Craft HA-02
Sep 18, 2007 at 2:38 AM Post #646 of 1,351
Ok, back on topic ... all devoted Yammy followers, please excuse my rowdy friends for the intrusion into this learned discussion of the merits of our favorite amp.
very_evil_smiley.gif

By way of apololgy, I'll add my experience with the HA-02 and AKG K1000 run from the speaker binding posts. Lovely sound at low to moderate volumes, but try to listen loud, or to material with big dynamic range (1812 anyone?), and the limits are reached pretty quickly. The Yammy just runs out of power in those circumstances. This should not be surprising nor unexpected, and is in no way a reflection on the Yammy, just verification of the laws of physics.

Thus, I would never recommend the Yammy as a main K1000 amp. As a second, low level (bedroom, office?) k1000 rig, it may make sense. In my experience that K1000 needs a proper power amp to get all they can offer.

Sep 18, 2007 at 6:33 AM Post #647 of 1,351
re questions about variants of the 408 tubes.
I have some GE branded ones that I have tried, cant say that I noticed a huge difference either way, may have been slightly more mellow, maybe just my imagination.
I have have also seen RCA 408s listed with some sellers.

Sep 18, 2007 at 5:35 PM Post #648 of 1,351
FYI: My order is 9 weeks and counting.

Production time, I guess, has to be shared with other types of equipment since this is such a small manufacturer. The HA-02 is only one of many pieces that Yamamoto builds.

Sep 18, 2007 at 6:45 PM Post #649 of 1,351
i tried my hf-1 with the yammy last night...and i didn't like it as much. i actually thought the k701 did better with the yammy than the hf-1 does...

maybe the boost in midrange gave the k701 the warmth and involving sound that it doesn't normally have...but with the hf-1 the warmth was there but it lost some of the dynamism i like in the grados.

maybe it's also the fact that the switch to the hf-1 lost all the soundstage that the k701 has...i haven't listened to the grados in over half a year, spending most of the time with the k701.

Sep 18, 2007 at 7:18 PM Post #650 of 1,351
Quote:

Originally Posted by slwiser /img/forum/go_quote.gif
FYI: My order is 9 weeks and counting.

Production time, I guess, has to be shared with other types of equipment since this is such a small manufacturer. The HA-02 is only one of many pieces that Yamamoto builds.

Mine took 13 weeks and I beleve there were 10 ordered ( 6-7 delivered ) all up for us guys on http://www.stereo.net.au so Mr Yamamoto is probably still playing catchup, I realise you probably know this allready siwiser as you check in at SNA every now and then, this is more for the benefit of others that did not.

Sep 19, 2007 at 4:37 AM Post #651 of 1,351
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gav /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mine took 13 weeks and I beleve there were 10 ordered ( 6-7 delivered ) all up for us guys on http://www.stereo.net.au so Mr Yamamoto is probably still playing catchup, I realise you probably know this allready siwiser as you check in at SNA every now and then, this is more for the benefit of others that did not.

Mine also took 13 weeks ...

EDIT:

Oooooh!!! 600 posts .... !!!

Sep 19, 2007 at 12:24 PM Post #653 of 1,351
Experience says that means that I have another four weeks to go....Whoever said I can't wait. The old saying that good things come to those that wait I hope is right.

Sep 19, 2007 at 2:52 PM Post #655 of 1,351
Quote:

Originally Posted by minivan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
put my deposit down on the 30 july, my distributor said mine will be here sometimes late this week or early next week. altogether about 50 days. when did u ordered yours?

My order was called in on July 17th. I think it was placed on the 18th by Brian over here. I just got a email from Brian telling me that he thought my unit would be shipping next week. It seems to take about 6 days to get here, so that would put it here in about two weeks. Maybe by the end of the month mine will be in my hands. Worth waiting for I think.

Sep 19, 2007 at 3:16 PM Post #656 of 1,351
Quote:

Experience says that means that I have another four weeks to go....Whoever said I can't wait. The old saying that good things come to those that wait I hope is right.

Off course it is!
580smile.gif

Sep 19, 2007 at 3:18 PM Post #657 of 1,351
Quote:

Originally Posted by minivan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
put my deposit down on the 30 july, my distributor said mine will be here sometimes late this week or early next week. altogether about 50 days. when did u ordered yours?

Hope you are lucky mate!

Think 50 days is good going, but one never knows with the lucky packet, called life.
600smile.gif

Sep 19, 2007 at 3:20 PM Post #658 of 1,351
Quote:

My order was called in on July 17th. I think it was placed on the 18th by Brian over here. I just got a email from Brian telling me that he thought my unit would be shipping next week. It seems to take about 6 days to get here, so that would put it here in about two weeks. Maybe by the end of the month mine will be in my hands. Worth waiting for I think.

Definitely worth waiting for, mines been here awhile now, and I am still enjoying it thoroughly ...
580smile.gif

Sep 23, 2007 at 9:29 AM Post #659 of 1,351
GarryH;3274571 said:
[size=small]

Sampling my new favourite CD Now the Green Blade Riseth (XRCD, Prorious/JVC Victor), things got even better. This is an absolutely beautiful collection of Swedish Choral music performed by the Stockholm Cathedral Choir that has been recorded to the highest standard. The lovely choir set against the wafting and waning of strings and winds was breathtaking. The subtlety and texture of individual instruments (oboes / flutes / organs / strings) coming in and out of the foreground was equally impressive.[/size]

HI GarryH

I notice that this CD also comes in SACD version, as I do not have a SACD player I presume the XRCD version will work on my Droplet, sorry for basic question, I have not baught a XRCD before,
cheers Gav

Sep 23, 2007 at 2:35 PM Post #660 of 1,351
Hi Gav,

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gav
I notice that this CD also comes in SACD version, as I do not have a SACD player I presume the XRCD version will work on my Droplet, sorry for basic question, I have not baught a XRCD before

You presume correctly - XRCDs will play on any CD player. It is essentially an enhanced process (XR = eXtended Resolution) of pulling the information off the master tape / analog source. The benefits are better resolution, imaging, etc. which you'll certainly be able to enjoy via the Droplet.

Please let us know how it sounds over your rig.

Cheers,
Garry

Users who are viewing this thread

Back