Yamaha YH-3 Re-Cable
Mar 7, 2011 at 5:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Takahashi

100+ Head-Fier
Hey there folks,

I return back onto the subject of my beloved pair of YH-3 cans. My question is on re-cabling the headphones. After years of love and abuse (they were used in radio stations for years, and the cable has seen its fair share of the crushing force a chair legs) the left channel cuts in an out, and every once and awhile the right will do so as well. Orthos are quite hard to kill, so I'm darn sure this is the problem.

While I know how to open up the enclosures (thanks to you folks who gave me that information in my previous YH-3 thread), I'm interested to know what a good cable would be to use and what is a good way of securing it in the enclosure (if it looks good, that's also a plus
wink_face.gif
).

I've done a re-cable job on a pair of Bose cans for a friend of mine, just using the cable from some long dead Koss headphones. I have a replacement cable for the Senn HD650 (that I bought for some HD414s, but a driver is toast so that is that). Would cutting the ends off the Senn cable do the job?

Excuse my ignorance, unlike the Bose cans, I really care for my YH-3 orthos like a baby. I'm a little scared for the re-cable on these, but if it makes them better and fully functional again, then let's do this! Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks guys,
-Takahashi

Users who are viewing this thread

Back