Yamaha PRO Headphones.
Jan 27, 2013 at 4:05 PM Post #92 of 531
Nice! They look better in your "real" photograph than online pics and yes, they are big, but that's okay.  After you have some time with them, my question would be if the differences between M-100 and PRO 500 are enough to justify an additional headphone purchase, so I look forward to hearing what those differences are or, if the M-100 turns out to be comparable or superior in some ways.

Jan 27, 2013 at 4:16 PM Post #93 of 531
Audioholics review:

Jan 27, 2013 at 8:10 PM Post #98 of 531
Quote:
Ok, I just disconnected my TTVJ Slim amp, and I'm driving them straight out of my note II at about 75%, and they are VERY loud. The bass also slams with authority.
gs1000.gif

If you can compare them with your Amperiors and DT 1350s I would appreciate that as well. Also if there was a headphone you would say sounds most natural to your ears, which is it? Thanks in advance. Btw great amp!

Jan 27, 2013 at 9:45 PM Post #99 of 531
I'm going to need some help from other owners, but the Amperiors are definitely the brightest and have the narrowest soundstage out the four headphones mentioned. I would say the Beyer DT-1350's sound the most natural to me and go the deepest. The Yamaha Pro 500's have some mid bass coloration as mentioned earlier, and the M100's have pronounced bass.

Jan 28, 2013 at 11:21 AM Post #100 of 531
How is the weight of the Yamaha PRO 500?  Does one need to be a linebacker to support them over time?  How would they work for active use, like walking outdoors (after winter)?  One of multiple reasons I returned the Velodyne V-True was their ridiculous weight, as if no research was done by anyone who actually wore them for more than 5 minutes.

They're big and heavy, which is why I'm also going to keep the M100's, just the right size and weight for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back