Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged)
Dec 18, 2015 at 1:55 AM Post #2,671 of 3,295
how does the hd600 vs r70x compare in sound ?

I plan to cover that comparison in detail in a review of the R70x that I'll be working on shortly, so more to come on that later.

So... I'm not that impressed wit the X2's...  They feel a bit too warm for my liking... I gotta turn "maxxtreble" up in the Realtek control panel to get the kind of treble I want...  It sounds a bit "muffled" (is that an audiophile word?), without the maxxtreble....  It feels like the sound is back farther or something, just not really there.  I want the sound to punch me in the face.
Also the x2's are a bit heavy... I'm scared the Yammies might be heavy, but I'm feeling I want to jump on them now...

Or maybe some Grados 325e's.....  Some grado owners said I wouldn';t like them but Idk...  *cries*

If you want headphones that will metaphorically punch you in the face, I definitely recommend the Audio-Technica MSR7. I'm not really sure that you'll get a metaphoric face punch with the MT220....

Dec 18, 2015 at 2:07 AM Post #2,672 of 3,295

I plan to cover that comparison in detail in a review of the R70x that I'll be working on shortly, so more to come on that later.

If you want headphones that will metaphorically punch you in the face, I definitely recommend the Audio-Technica MSR7. I'm not really sure that you'll get a metaphoric face punch with the MT220....

I disagree - the MT220 is wonderful but it is not a fast punchy headphone. That's why I use it extensively in recording. If it was punchy I'd end up doing things wrong in recording. I don't. It is gentle with presentation, a little unrealistically so, with a rolled off top (not losing anything much for general use) and a decent soundstage. You are very much mistaken there. It has a wonderfully deep coherent musical bottom end at 30hz that few headphones can match at any price. I hear notes there, not just a blob. But fast and punchy nope not even slightly. Slow, warm, accurate. That's the MT220.

I've not heard the MSR7. Is that bass bloated? Some say so...

Oh okay I just re-read your post. You were saying the same thing about the MT220. Sorry. I missed the word "not".

So I agree. Yes.

Dec 18, 2015 at 2:12 AM Post #2,673 of 3,295
It boils down to how big r your ear flaps n how far they stick out :)

Dec 18, 2015 at 2:15 AM Post #2,674 of 3,295
The MT220 is one of the most punchy, dynamic headphones I have heard. (But this depends on the music.) The treble is not rolled-off (if anything, it's slightly emphasized) and it has plenty of speed. Yes, it's a little warm too, since the bass is boosted a bit, but not to an extent that it becomes bloated or muddy.

Anyway, those who want ultimate bass impact should check out this thread:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/716711/the-hardest-hitting-headphones-are-the-extreme-bass-club

Dec 18, 2015 at 2:30 AM Post #2,675 of 3,295
I m more inclined to alchemist's experience...
Speedy, soaring highs, layered bass...
Punch of bass varies from earpads to how they sit...
The yammie thrives on adding a sense of Live presentation few cans could do.

:xf_eek:

Ps...my Monk contraption is giving my yammie a good fight .
Ie...a Monk +Vmoda cable ext + pro900 cable ext...on the audioGd.

Dec 18, 2015 at 2:33 AM Post #2,676 of 3,295

redface.gif

Ps...my Monk contraption is giving my yammie a good fight .
Ie...a Monk +Vmoda cable ext + pro900 cable ext...on the audioGd.

The MT220?

Dec 18, 2015 at 4:57 AM Post #2,678 of 3,295

redface.gif

I am with Lors on this one, I would never describe them as slow, more like spot on, they can take everything you can through at them in their stride - a bit like me I suppose.
etysmile.gif

p.s. Lors why so many leads, is it just that you need it longer, it appears that you do not find them comfortable or do you just get used to them.

Also, anyone try or considering the Chord Mojo with the Yams???????????????????????????????????????????????

Dec 18, 2015 at 5:07 AM Post #2,679 of 3,295
Guys...this monk is unreal...listening to bobbalwin on my samsungNote1 wav file...
Outofdaworldcrisppunchybigsounding....5bucksssmadness

Dec 18, 2015 at 3:28 PM Post #2,680 of 3,295
I guess the term "punch me in the face" didn't work out, because I don't want bass.  I want to be hit with melody bliss :).  That's why I wante to "shed a tear" and not cuz I just blew my hearing out lol! :frowning2:(((

I don't think HPs are for me. i enjoy speakers a lot.  I really thought after listening to my Logitech G35's again, that I Would enjoy other HPs, but so far not really feeling it....  I have a feeling I need some dedicated gear to bring out the life of these HPs.

I might just get some speakers, and call it a day... Idk....

Quote:

Incidentally, I just sold my x2's wasn't to you was it on ebay? I loved em but I just prefer closed headphones. I have giant speakers for big air music. I would say though the X2's are far from muffled. I think you might want to get your ears checked, seriously. The X2's have wonderful highs - if you aren't hearing it with them you'll not hear it on anything without further hearing damage.

Your post alone says a lot about you. Brash, shouty. You play music far too loud and I think you have already ****ed up your hearing if the X2's don't work for you at the top end. Go easy from now on - you can never recover hearing loss.

I bought my Pair on Amazon.....  

It's amazing how someone could make a post to try and give advice, while insulting someone.

I thought we all hear differently, and all have different opinions on things?  I guess Peter's opinion is the only one that matters.... Especially when I clearly mention I don't know the "Real audiophile terms" and just going by what I feel the term would be.  Thatis, of course, after using some settings in Realtek.

Some things sounded a bit harsh, so I guess my hearing is the cause for that too.....  Maybe not.... my songs themselves?  Quality??

You post(s) say a lot about you too, in the way you interact, and treat people.

Then you say my hearing is "damaged" because I was able to hear harshness at a higher level...  Why would someone have hearing damage if they can "hear more" of something?  Wouldn't that mean I could hear "better" if you couldn't hear the harshness?  

Don't reply to my posts anymore, if you're going to be a *********. 

It's liek you got insulted from your last post about "me not wanting to hear you as a 5-string bass player..." It's like your'e making **** up as you go, and then putting the words in my mouth... Lets be real here....

Thanks!

Guys...this monk is unreal...listening to bobbalwin on my samsungNote1 wav file...

I should just get a monk... and call it a day :).

Dec 18, 2015 at 5:56 PM Post #2,681 of 3,295

IMO Either:

a: your being paid to push these(
tongue.gif
).
b: you should start another thread on topic(
wink.gif
).

Despite my silly opinions (
tongue_smile.gif
) I think that the Monk or the Yamaha(which I own) demonstrate that one doesn't need to spend huge cash in order to get great sound.

Dec 18, 2015 at 7:03 PM Post #2,683 of 3,295
  http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Venture-Electronic-VE-MONK-earbud-earphone/32417311324.html?spm=2114.01020208.3.12.uUkWth&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_2,searchweb201644_3_79_78_77_82_80_62,searchweb201560_3

follow the instructions at the bottom of that page...
first u hit the BUY BUTTON
then send your profile name in headfi to Mr Lee of VE  using the messaging feature in Aliexpress

now wait for Lee to adjust the price down to 5bucks...takes a fewhours/day..zz

then u make the payment.

then u wait for the plane to show up...

then u rejoice.

It seems that it would take one or two months to arrive after ordering it? I would have bought it, but that's way too long to wait...

Dec 18, 2015 at 7:48 PM Post #2,684 of 3,295

IMO Either:

a: your being paid to push these(
tongue.gif
).
b: you should start another thread on topic(
wink.gif
).

Despite my silly opinions (
tongue_smile.gif
) I think that the Monk or the Yamaha(which I own) demonstrate that one doesn't need to spend huge cash in order to get great sound.

Dec 18, 2015 at 7:51 PM Post #2,685 of 3,295

It seems that it would take one or two months to arrive after ordering it? I would have bought it, but that's way too long to wait...

mine arrived within  a week... just give it a blindshot :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back