Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged)
Dec 17, 2015 at 8:52 PM Post #2,660 of 3,295
The x2's - I saw that! Congrats!

So... I'm not that impressed wit the X2's...  They feel a bit too warm for my liking... I gotta turn "maxxtreble" up in the Realtek control panel to get the kind of treble I want...  It sounds a bit "muffled" (is that an audiophile word?), without the maxxtreble....  It feels like the sound is back farther or something, just not really there.  I want the sound to punch me in the face.

Also the x2's are a bit heavy... I'm scared the Yammies might be heavy, but I'm feeling I want to jump on them now...

Or maybe some Grados 325e's.....  Some grado owners said I wouldn';t like them but Idk...  *cries*

EDIT:  I realized settings were  funky on the EQ and I had to change the "headphone size" setting too, to get more bass, or a more "full" bass I guess....?

Dec 17, 2015 at 9:04 PM Post #2,661 of 3,295
i would take the yammie over the 325...

but first get the MONK....whilst u ponder. :p

Dec 17, 2015 at 9:14 PM Post #2,663 of 3,295
  So... I'm not that impressed wit the X2's...  They feel a bit too warm for my liking... I gotta turn "maxxtreble" up in the Realtek control panel to get the kind of treble I want...  It sounds a bit "muffled" (is that an audiophile word?), without the maxxtreble....  It feels like the sound is back farther or something, just not really there.  I want the sound to punch me in the face.

So are you gonna finally get the MT220 now?
biggrin.gif

Dunno if you saw when I mentioned it, but with some more extreme material at high volume, the MT220 rattled my skull!

Dec 17, 2015 at 9:16 PM Post #2,664 of 3,295
Hello everyone, I am new to head-fi and I have owned the Yamaha MT220's since January of this year. These have been excellent headphones and I have recently bought a second set to have as backup. No harshness in the treble, no boxiness in the mid-range, and bass that is tight and not boomy. Also easy to drive with a phone. I don't really believe these need to be "burned in" as the second set I have sounds exactly the same as the first. Which is a good sign of quality control on Yamaha's part.  Has anyone preordered the hph-mt7's yet? I recently placed my order and I am stoked for the January release to find if the the mt7's will become the new flagship model. I'll provide a link to my favorite song to listen to right now with these headphones. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlqC1BBVk70

Dec 17, 2015 at 9:19 PM Post #2,665 of 3,295

So are you gonna finally get the MT220 now?
biggrin.gif

Dunno if you saw when I mentioned it, but with some more extreme material at high volume, the MT220 rattled my skull!

A new store popped up with no return policy (but Amazons), I might be in luck for a return!

I'm still trying to figure out if I like these X2's or not.. Schiit has been going down in the thread though haha!

I didn't see you mention that.. Sounds awesome.. :).

Would love to try it for sure!  Maybe soon.  I fixed some setting in the realtel control panel and seeing how I like these HPs...

I feel that adding some treble makes it a little better, but something still felt off.

I went from "large" headphones to "medium" headphones and I think it's better.  why realtek has a setting for it Idk....

Dec 17, 2015 at 9:24 PM Post #2,666 of 3,295

I'll just get them all.... :D.  Where do I buy the monk?  I think some good IEMs would be nice..

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Venture-Electronic-VE-MONK-earbud-earphone/32417311324.html?spm=2114.01020208.3.12.uUkWth&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_2,searchweb201644_3_79_78_77_82_80_62,searchweb201560_3

follow the instructions at the bottom of that page...
first u hit the BUY BUTTON
then send your profile name in headfi to Mr Lee of VE  using the messaging feature in Aliexpress

now wait for Lee to adjust the price down to 5bucks...takes a fewhours/day..zz

then u make the payment.

then u wait for the plane to show up...

then u rejoice.

Dec 17, 2015 at 9:36 PM Post #2,667 of 3,295
  http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Venture-Electronic-VE-MONK-earbud-earphone/32417311324.html?spm=2114.01020208.3.12.uUkWth&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_2,searchweb201644_3_79_78_77_82_80_62,searchweb201560_3

follow the instructions at the bottom of that page...
first u hit the BUY BUTTON
then send your profile name in headfi to Mr Lee of VE  using the messaging feature in Aliexpress

now wait for Lee to adjust the price down to 5bucks...takes a fewhours/day..zz

then u make the payment.

then u wait for the plane to show up...

then u rejoice.

OH herro Mr. Lee, my name is Lorspeaker, may I have a Monk? :)

Dec 17, 2015 at 10:49 PM Post #2,668 of 3,295

Also the x2's are a bit heavy... I'm scared the Yammies might be heavy, but I'm feeling I want to jump on them now...

Or maybe some Grados 325e's.....  Some grado owners said I wouldn';t like them but Idk...  *cries*

EDIT:  I realized settings were  funky on the EQ and I had to change the "headphone size" setting too, to get more bass, or a more "full" bass I guess....?

if you want a world where I don't exist (an aggressive 5 string bass player always on the lowest note available - that's around 30hz) get grado's and you'll hardly ever hear me.

If you think music is sexy, grado's are just a peck on the cheek.

If you want raunch... well look to something with a better, more accurate sound, as was intended by the artist. No one says you have to hear it like the artist wanted, but it's a good place to start before you willingly ruin your listening experience.

Yamaha MT220
Blue Mofi
HD600
Almost anything is better than Grado's if you like the graunch in music. If that graunchiness scares you, stop listening to music (classical too) and tend to your rabbits with only birdsong in your ears. Grado's are great for accurate birdsong.

:wink:

If you want to be punched in the face there is only the Blue Mofi. No joke, it really does that. It can also kill you with the amp turned up too loud. No other headphone does that. Look at my profile and list of headphones. I think the mad dog might but I've never owned those or even tried them.

Dec 17, 2015 at 11:26 PM Post #2,669 of 3,295

if you want a world where I don't exist (an aggressive 5 string bass player always on the lowest note available - that's around 30hz) get grado's and you'll hardly ever hear me.

If you think music is sexy, grado's are just a peck on the cheek.

If you want raunch... well look to something with a better, more accurate sound, as was intended by the artist. No one says you have to hear it like the artist wanted, but it's a good place to start before you willingly ruin your listening experience.

Yamaha MT220
Blue Mofi
HD600
Almost anything is better than Grado's if you like the graunch in music. If that graunchiness scares you, stop listening to music (classical too) and tend to your rabbits with only birdsong in your ears. Grado's are great for accurate birdsong.

:wink:

If you want to be punched in the face there is only the Blue Mofi. No joke, it really does that. It can also kill you with the amp turned up too loud. No other headphone does that. Look at my profile and list of headphones. I think the mad dog might but I've never owned those or even tried them.

I only wanted to get punched in the face... not kill myslef :frowning2:

Dec 18, 2015 at 12:23 AM Post #2,670 of 3,295

I only wanted to get punched in the face... not kill myslef :frowning2:

punch in the guts? The main amp will do that. Only the added bass will kill you.

Mofi's come with (used to) a yellow warning label or three that basically says these go very very loud, don't be a dick and ruin your hearing.

The review pair I have are absurdly loud with the amp engaged (I think they calmed the amp down somewhat for the consumer final product) but turn them back down to the level without the amp and my god it's so lovely. My god, it's full of stars... And bass that would kick you hard in the chest if it was happening outside your head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back