Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged)
Dec 14, 2015 at 4:59 AM Post #2,627 of 3,295
I'm thinking about picking one of these up on Amazon with a pair of X2's to see which ones I lke better.  I believe someone in here said that they were able to return a pair?  I was curious if they knew which store accepted the return?

One store I see now is AUDIO WATT STORE, which seems to use Amazon's warranty.

What sort of Amp/DAC do people like with these?

Dec 14, 2015 at 5:41 AM Post #2,628 of 3,295
  I'm thinking about picking one of these up on Amazon with a pair of X2's to see which ones I lke better.  I believe someone in here said that they were able to return a pair?  I was curious if they knew which store accepted the return?

One store I see now is AUDIO WATT STORE, which seems to use Amazon's warranty.

What sort of Amp/DAC do people like with these?

They don't need an amp, but Cayin C5 works well.

Dec 14, 2015 at 9:42 AM Post #2,629 of 3,295

I actually prefer warmer signatures too, but I recently got Ether C and got used to the heightened detail, so removing detail from the Yammies is a bit much for me right now, even though I detest sibilance/stridence. 

Do tell us more on how the 2 compare and does the Ether C have the same sub bass performance, etc? 
popcorn.gif

I have never experienced any sibilance/stridence from the Yams, in fact if I were to criticise them it would be that they are a little too polite in the top end which helps to make them very easy to listen to for extended periods.

What sources are you using?

Dec 14, 2015 at 10:54 AM Post #2,630 of 3,295
I have a lot of sources, maybe 20+ amps. Compared to Yamaha MT220, Ether C has no sub bass performance..........lots of clarity but no weight. Audiophiles enjoy that type of signature, I don't.

I have quite a high listening level, so what's strident to me may not be for you if you listen at moderate/normal levels

Dec 14, 2015 at 11:22 AM Post #2,631 of 3,295
I have a lot of sources, maybe 20+ amps. Compared to Yamaha MT220, Ether C has no sub bass performance..........lots of clarity but no weight. Audiophiles enjoy that type of signature, I don't.

I have quite a high listening level, so what's strident to me may not be for you if you listen at moderate/normal levels

Thanks for your reply, I have the Hidizs AP100 and it pairs very well with the Yams.

I get a full bodied sound from the pairing which was missing when I had the Fiio X5 (which I disliked) and the DX90 which was just okay but lacking in overall body to my liking.

If you had to choose to keep just one of your amps which one would it be?

Dec 14, 2015 at 12:30 PM Post #2,632 of 3,295
  Thanks for your reply, I have the Hidizs AP100 and it pairs very well with the Yams.

I get a full bodied sound from the pairing which was missing when I had the Fiio X5 (which I disliked) and the DX90 which was just okay but lacking in overall body to my liking.

If you had to choose to keep just one of your amps which one would it be?

Probably Audeze Deckard can handle just about any headphone and it's DAC too.

Dec 14, 2015 at 4:40 PM Post #2,633 of 3,295

They don't need an amp, but Cayin C5 works well.

Thanks for the info :).

How are the Ethers?

Idk why, but I thought you were the one who mentioned in another thread awhile back that the ethers (or some other similar name) would ruin your hearing?

I feel like I tried asking this before, but maybe it was someone else who said this, and not sure about those HPs either...  I thought it was from the same company as the MadDogs though....

Dec 14, 2015 at 8:14 PM Post #2,634 of 3,295

Thanks for the info :).

How are the Ethers?

Idk why, but I thought you were the one who mentioned in another thread awhile back that the ethers (or some other similar name) would ruin your hearing?

I feel like I tried asking this before, but maybe it was someone else who said this, and not sure about those HPs either...  I thought it was from the same company as the MadDogs though....

I don't think so........but Ether C has similar signature to the Pioneer HRM 7, lot of treble, no weight on the bass. Only Ether C has much more clarity. So, even more aggressive with the treble.

Dec 14, 2015 at 8:33 PM Post #2,635 of 3,295

I don't think so........but Ether C has similar signature to the Pioneer HRM 7, lot of treble, no weight on the bass. Only Ether C has much more clarity. So, even more aggressive with the treble.

Interesting. The Ether C's don't sound like my cup of tea after all, so thanks! :)

Dec 14, 2015 at 8:47 PM Post #2,636 of 3,295

HRM-7's could take you out... Holy harshness....  I'm surprised I listened to them as long as I did..  Some songs were okay, some were unbearable....

It must have been someone else who commented on that, who knows what they were saying though.

You mentioned the MT220's had more treble that the HRM7's though I thought?

Dec 14, 2015 at 9:00 PM Post #2,637 of 3,295
Dec 14, 2015 at 10:00 PM Post #2,639 of 3,295
Hmmm.... Maybe I'm going insane.....

Probably - you just need to pull the trigger on some headphones lol!

Btw, everybody should just pull the trigger on these $5 VE Monk wonders:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/783669/venture-electronics-ve-monk-a-5-earbud-that-seriously-deserves-a-place-here

Dec 15, 2015 at 12:17 AM Post #2,640 of 3,295

Probably - you just need to pull the trigger on some headphones lol!

Btw, everybody should just pull the trigger on these $5 VE Monk wonders:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/783669/venture-electronics-ve-monk-a-5-earbud-that-seriously-deserves-a-place-here

I did it.... :p)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back