Xuelin Ihifi 800, a brief introduction
Apr 27, 2016 at 9:28 AM Post #77 of 141
All right guys, XVortex is on his way to develop a Rockbox port for the 800.  But, he could use our donations to offset the cost of his efforts.  I for one will donate again to his cause.  I hope that others of you will also donate.  He is about to turn a very good sounding DAP with a mediocre UI into a very good sounding DAP with a great UI.  For any of you who are thinking about buying the 800, I hope you will consider buying from Penon Audio.  The guys over there have lent their support to this Rockbox process and they provide excellent service.  So, let's all do what we can to help XVortex succeed...

Apr 27, 2016 at 6:56 PM Post #78 of 141
For all current or future owners of the Xuelin  iHiFi 770C (Wolfson Dac 8740), original 770 (Wolfson Dac 8740), and 800, I would like to invite you to consider a donation to XVortex to keep his efforts going.  He has already successfully developed a Rockbox port for the new 770C (8740), and from my own experience , XVortex's port is an upgrade from the port that was developed for the 960 a few years ago...  The Rockbox port for the new 770C allows you to play higher resolution FLAC files and Apple files.  No more unwanted screeches while you are listening to FLAC files.  You also get gapless playback, personalized file sorting, graphic equalizer, album art, and cue sheet support, just to name some of the benefits of Rockbox.  He is already working on a port for the 800 and hopes to also eventually develop a port for the original 770...  But, he will need OUR support to accomplish this for US.  I hope if you can offer some spare change, a few dollars or even more that you will consider a donation.  I'm sure XVortex will appreciate any help he can get.  Here is the link to his Rockbox site where you can donate to his efforts:  http://xvtx.ru/rockbox/index.htm.  Thanks so much for helping out.

May 1, 2016 at 12:24 AM Post #83 of 141
@XVortex, I am unable to download your files for the iHiFi800.  Is there a problem with the downloads?  I can easily download the files for the iHiFi 770C...  Thanks.

May 1, 2016 at 2:41 AM Post #85 of 141
Ok. let's ROCK.

Download links on my site in the signature.

Brief instruction:
1) Download rockbox-bootloader-xxx.zip and rockbox-full-xxx.zip;
2) Unpack rockbox-full-xxx.zip to the root of the micro SD-card (card must be formatted to FAT32). System folder .rockbox must be placed at the root of this memory card. Insert card into the DAP;
3) Unpack the  rockbox-bootloader-xxx.zip to the PC, install driver then run RK27Upgrade_Image.exe as Administrator and follow standard update instructions (pdf file in archive);
4) After update, unplug from the USB and reboot player;
5) Profit.

There is a dual-boot system in the player now which allowed you to run either rockbox or original firmware by your choose. It is two options:
1) Power on the player by plugging USB in;
- or -
2) Power on the player then press and hold any button (except power) immediately after logo appears.

Enjoy.

May 1, 2016 at 5:49 AM Post #86 of 141
  Ok. let's ROCK.

Download links on my site in the signature.

Brief instruction:
1) Download rockbox-bootloader-xxx.zip and rockbox-full-xxx.zip;
2) Unpack rockbox-full-xxx.zip to the root of the micro SD-card (card must be formatted to FAT32). System folder .rockbox must be placed at the root of this memory card. Insert card into the DAP;
3) Unpack the  rockbox-bootloader-xxx.zip to the PC, install driver then run RK27Upgrade_Image.exe and follow standard update instructions (pdf file in archive);
4) After update, unplug from the USB and reboot player;
5) Profit.

There is a dual-boot system in the player now which allowed you to run either rockbox or original firmware by your choose. It is two options:
1) Power on the player by plugging USB in;
- or -
2) Power on the player then press and hold any button (except power) immediately after logo appears.

Enjoy.

OK, keep running into a problem.  Followed the instructions perfectly.  I get the following during the image install.
INFO:  Test:  Device Started
ERROR:  Test Device Fail
INFO:  Upgrade End

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  

May 1, 2016 at 8:26 AM Post #87 of 141
  OK, keep running into a problem.  Followed the instructions perfectly.  I get the following during the image install.
INFO:  Test:  Device Started
ERROR:  Test Device Fail
INFO:  Upgrade End

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  

Have you downloaded the drivers to your computer?  Are you using a PC with Windows 7 or XP?  The process will not work with with windows 8 or 10.  If you are using Windows 7, the process may not work if your computer's processor is a newer i5 or i7.

May 1, 2016 at 8:39 AM Post #88 of 141
@XVortex, I'm having some problems getting the Rockbox port to work on the 800.  I have successfully changed the firmware in the 800 and I have the rockbox files on my microsd.  The Rockbox page opens just fine on the 800, and then I go to files, but after I select, the screen says "nothing to resume".  If I select settings, the same message "nothing to resume" appears.  I have downloaded your files twice and I have reloaded them onto my player and microsd card twice.  Same results.  It looks like the player and microsd files are not interacting well together.  The Xuelin firmware is working just fine...  Any suggestions?  I've also tried two other microsd cards and I can't change the settings, but when I select files, one album file will start playing, but it is the only file the player will recognize...

May 1, 2016 at 10:50 AM Post #90 of 141
Try to reformat your card to FAT32 by sd formatter.

Sorry, there is something else that is not working with the program.  I reformatted my microsd card and rockbox still does not work.  I took my microsd card that I have been using with the 770C rockbox port (which is working very well) and replaced the .rockbox on the card with the .rockbox for the 800 and it does not work.  I then put the .rockbox for the 770C back on this same card and it is working perfectly in the 770C.  So for some reason, the port for the 800 is not integrating properly with the .rockbox on the card.  I assume everything is working well on your 800?  I'm not sure what else to do...  Can you tweak anything in your files to get this to work for the rest of us?  Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back