Xuelin Ihifi 800, a brief introduction
Dec 4, 2015 at 8:59 PM Post #61 of 141
  Guys, please help!
Can ihifi-800 be Rockbox?
Or how to upgrade firmware?
The problem is 64GB microSD card Sony class10 will not work. Tried FAT32 (800 sees the card but doesn't play any Flac) and other options, nothing helped yet.
thanks! 

There is not a Rockbox port for the iHiFi 800 at this time.  The firmware update is probably not worthwhile at this point; it does not do much (if anything) for FLAC support.  The newest firmware upgrade file can be found on the Xuelin site (i-hifi.com).  On the main page, select the category labeled "News and Events" (or Events and News).  When this page opens, you will see the firmware file for the iHiFi 800 in the upper 1/3 of the page.  The iHiFi800 does not play high resolution FLAC files, so if you are trying to play anything above 16/44 resolution FLAC, then you are wasting your time.  I have had no problems with microsd cards with the 800.

Dec 5, 2015 at 6:52 PM Post #63 of 141
  no such page! translated...
and firmware not found (

There is such a page and I'm not sure how you missed it...  But here is the direct link for the new iHifi 800 firmware:  http://pan.baidu.com/s/1ntmxjhn
Make sure you click on the download box (4M) in the upper right corner of the page...

Dec 5, 2015 at 7:01 PM Post #64 of 141
Here is the link to the News and Events page where all current Xuelin firmware can be found (as well as tools for upgrade):  http://www.i-hifi.com/about.html.  You will need to translate the page to English or whatever language you wish to use, and the firmware section is in the upper 1/3 of the page...

Dec 5, 2015 at 10:46 PM Post #65 of 141
Mirror: http://redfx.ucoz.ru/publ/download_a/1-1-0-22

Dec 7, 2015 at 2:17 PM Post #67 of 141
Guys, I give up with this Xu.. player. 
Windows 10 64bit cannot update its firmware... wasting time.
Firmware awful. card game is terrible, ****... 
no hi res Flac... piss off. I am angry because wanted to like it, and SQ is very good (albeit no Bass)...
So after a week as new will go to Ebay for about $155... 

Dec 7, 2015 at 6:27 PM Post #68 of 141
  Thanks and a very nice looking web page....

Thanks for the thread, jdog. 
wink.gif

Apr 6, 2016 at 8:10 AM Post #70 of 141
Who want RockBox for ihifi 800?

Apr 6, 2016 at 9:17 AM Post #71 of 141
  Who want RockBox for ihifi 800?

I would love to have the option of Rockbox for the ihifi 800.  I think it could potentially increase the value of the 800 a great deal...  The 960 dual core is much better Rock-boxed....  There is a fellow in the forums that goes by XVortex that is currently working in a Rockbox port for the new 770C; if he can pull this off, then I think he can also Rockbox the 800 (with some donations from interested parties, of course)

Apr 6, 2016 at 3:36 PM Post #73 of 141

I would love to have the option of Rockbox for the ihifi 800.  I think it could potentially increase the value of the 800 a great deal...  The 960 dual core is much better Rock-boxed....  There is a fellow in the forums that goes by XVortex that is currently working in a Rockbox port for the new 770C; if he can pull this off, then I think he can also Rockbox the 800 (with some donations from interested parties, of course)

I know :)

Apr 7, 2016 at 9:02 PM Post #75 of 141
  It seems to me that this player is not quite popular. Nevertheless, I consider it as an object for porting Rockbox.
And Since I need real hardware to test, I think to buy it if can collect enough funds
You can help the project. Donation / fundrising button is located on my website at the link below

I think one reason the ihifi800 is not as popular as the 770C is the cost difference between the two and Xuelin's basic almost worthless firmware...  The ihifi800 is a more neutral player and I prefer its sound quality to that of the 770C; if the ihifi800 had better file support, gapless playback, graphic equalizer, etc, etc that Rockbox can provide then I think more people would consider investing in it.  Anyway, I know I'm very excited about the possibility.  I will promise to donate to your fund if you are able to put out a working port for the 770C...  You have my word.  Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back