Xonar STX - RCA Out or Headphone out to External amp?
Aug 9, 2013 at 6:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

bzdsftw

New Head-Fier
Hey guys. I'm in abit of a predicament here and I could really use some advice. Basically, I'm quite fatigued of the sound of my Xonar STX's headphone amp. I have a pair of HD600 and Mad Dogs and they both sound really congested and messy from the STX. Bass is nearly nonexistent on metal/rock tracks at high volumes. I intend to use the STX as a DAC and purchase an external amp. The thing is that I regularly switch between my 2.0 speakers and the headphones through the software and that makes it really easy and effortless for me. What I need to know is if i can possibly hook up the amp to the 6.3mm headphone port of the STX. It would really be a mess if I had to unplug my speaker's RCA cables every time I wanted to use my headphones. What I hope to do is this : STX>headphone out>6.3mm to RCA cable>Amp. Though I'm reading everywhere that it is recommended to use the STX's RCA line out to connect to the amp. But isn't that designed for use with speakers? I will lose functions like dolby surround, etc. Can i somehow disable the onboard amp on the STX and solely use the external amp? Double amping? So many questions! Help me please :frowning2: 
confused.gif

Aug 9, 2013 at 7:34 AM Post #2 of 2
RCA out

Users who are viewing this thread

Back