Xonar Essence STX: Sneak Peek!
Aug 15, 2009 at 2:09 AM Post #1,831 of 2,066
This one is my favorite:
Quote:

Originally Posted by leeperry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
bit-perfect doesn't mean anything, as I've tried to show in my previous post....and no it's not bit-perfect, but the THD+N distortion is so low, that it don't matter.
the ST is actually the first soundcard to have a 1ppm clock AFAIK, only external DAC's had that before...as soon as it'll be available in shops, I'll grab it
smily_headphones1.gif

Guess we know where you stand on bit perfect...

Aug 15, 2009 at 2:29 AM Post #1,833 of 2,066
Quote:

this one is my favorite
biggrin.gif

ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Forum- Xonar DX bluescreen playing video

Yes well very cool. Did you notice your in the STX thread we are talking about STX/ST here.....not a DX. Sorry.

Quote:

AC3Filter is a big no-no if you leave it on "as is"...sucks
frown.gif

and now for the final solution:

and Asus said they'd look into it :

maybe we'll get a fix next year? oops I forgot, all the guys in that thread are mentally challenged...eg, not as smart as Robbie6
rolleyes.gif

So if you set AC3filter to anything other then 2.0 or 5.1 you get a BSOD?
well let me try that and see what happens.
screenie2.jpg

WHOA. BSOD!!! there it is....look at all that blue!!!
Check the setting there, other then 2.0 or 5.1 I have it set for Quadro 4 channel and left it as is?
Where is the BSOD? Am I doing something wrong?

Aug 15, 2009 at 9:04 AM Post #1,835 of 2,066
wow 4 messages in a row, god created this :
edit.gif

I guess you overloooked this little button, but this is is common practice to use it on internet boards...you should try it sometime, or soon we might end up w/ single pages of pointless monologue
nanou34.gif

Aug 15, 2009 at 1:37 PM Post #1,836 of 2,066
It is not pointless, this is a forum and informaiton has a point. I am sure others are very interested in some of it. Especially afer the way you carry on around here. The other two post were to Thoppa.

If you would use the edit button more, this forum would be a better place.

Anyway, you have a big boy choice...either continue on your trolling ways and have people ignore you and call you on your crap.
OR, You could just grow up a bit and start contributing and acting like the rest of the people around here.

It would be nice to get back to soundcards now....

Aug 15, 2009 at 7:00 PM Post #1,837 of 2,066
For the opamp swappers in the crowd, here is a pic of some new modules that I made partially for use on the STX/ST/

LM2.jpg

We have a single LME49720HA and a Dual LME49710HA module. After testing I would say the dual 710HA has a edge in sound quality.
The pics are watermarked for the site where I orginally posted them. Pic's tend to find there way into others forums.
wink.gif

Aug 15, 2009 at 7:19 PM Post #1,838 of 2,066
Do the dual 49710HA's on the adapters fit in the I/V and buffers?

Aug 15, 2009 at 7:22 PM Post #1,839 of 2,066
Quote:

Originally Posted by taso89 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do the dual 49710HA's on the adapters fit in the I/V and buffers?

Buffer yes.
You can get it to fit in the I/V with some ingenuity. I am working on another adapter for using larger modules when the sockets are so close together.

Aug 16, 2009 at 2:10 AM Post #1,840 of 2,066
Quote:

Originally Posted by ROBSCIX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For the opamp swappers in the crowd, here is a pic of some new modules that I made partially for use on the STX/ST/

LM2.jpg

We have a single LME49720HA and a Dual LME49710HA module. After testing I would say the dual 710HA has a edge in sound quality.
The pics are watermarked for the site where I orginally posted them. Pic's tend to find there way into others forums.
wink.gif

Great stuff. This is really the only family of opamps (49720HA/10HA) that I want to try ATM.

Aug 19, 2009 at 8:35 AM Post #1,842 of 2,066
Would this card be worth getting to replace a Kingrex UD-01 external DAC?

Heres the specs of the Kingrex...

DAC Chip - Burrn Brown PCM2702E
Sampling Rates - 44.1kHz/48kHz 16-Bit
Low Pass Filter - Burr Brown OPA2604 (socketed for easy upgrade)

I will be only using it as a DAC as i have a good external headphone amplifier.

Thanks,
smile_phones.gif

Aug 19, 2009 at 5:15 PM Post #1,844 of 2,066
Quote:

Originally Posted by ROBSCIX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The LM/LME opamps have been used with great results with soundcards since they were released.

You should have some coming your way very soon
wink.gif

smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Theresa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It seems a waste to use such a card as just a dsp. I just ordered one from Amazon because listening to Senn. HD600s through the onboard Realtek 889a, especially with complex music is almost painful.

Agreed.

Aug 19, 2009 at 7:07 PM Post #1,845 of 2,066
Ok, I think I'm gonna buy this STX, but I have couple of questions.

Main reason to buy it is a good DAC section. (1) Is it at last on the same level as E-MU 1212?

Another thing... I don't belive that its build in amp would drive my K701 or DT880 well so I'm planning to get external amp (correct me if I'm wrong). (2) What's exactly output power of STX's amp?

I like that STX has gaming/movies support. "All in one" sounds great for me.
(3) Is there something wrong in using external amp (connected by STX's analog out) with games and movies? Maybe it's better to switch headphones to HP out before starting a game?

And the last one: I've heard that Dolby Headphone doesn't work through analog out, so i won't be able to use it with my amp. (4) Maybe just forget about DH? What do You think?

Adam

Users who are viewing this thread

Back