Xonar Essence STX: Sneak Peek!
Mar 9, 2009 at 4:30 PM Post #1,023 of 2,066
It's better than having an even more expensive dead card/paperweight.

Mar 10, 2009 at 8:04 AM Post #1,028 of 2,066
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zaubertuba /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Also--forgot to ask this...
frown.gif

...has anyone used this card with their HD555's? If so, impressions?

comparing to portable players and receiver i had been using with HD555, the amount of details, clarity and sounds separation is on another level. it also sounds smoother in my opinion. the only problem i have is digital volume attenuation. at level where i'm most comfortable with loudness(about 12-15%), the dynamic range takes a big hit. it gets much better at >20%, but it's too loud for my taste. that only stands for songs that were mastered with loudness war in mind, otherwise i set volume to 30% and more.

Mar 10, 2009 at 10:20 AM Post #1,030 of 2,066
i can only speak for myself, but below 15% it sounds almost flat to me, without ups and downs. i don't get that feeling when listening to my headphones at those volume leves from receiver. it's practically a non-issue above 20-25%, so what else do you think could be a cause of this?

Mar 10, 2009 at 7:43 PM Post #1,032 of 2,066
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bojamijams /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Aw man. I don't like that the PCI version is better then the PCI-E with that expansion ability
frown.gif

I don't think you can call it better. Just offers some different options. Many people that bought the card for headphones really have no interest in speakers.
Personally though, I like the idea of being able to expand the card if need be.

Mar 11, 2009 at 9:42 AM Post #1,033 of 2,066
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bojamijams /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Aw man. I don't like that the PCI version is better then the PCI-E with that expansion ability
frown.gif

Me too. They should have thought it in advance and have put that feature in the PCI-X as well. They have already done it with the HDAV, so they didn't have to rediscover the wheel again.
If an owner of the STX wants to build a multichannel setup what should he do? Sell his card (losing half of the money) and buy the ST one?!
I really think it's a nonsense
ph34r.gif

Mar 11, 2009 at 2:38 PM Post #1,034 of 2,066
maybe they will sell the expand card as a seperate product, which would be good news for me. That way I dont feel like I kicked my self for getting the HDAV13 non deluxe. As I hoping to change my reciver to a better one in the future.

Mar 11, 2009 at 5:58 PM Post #1,035 of 2,066
Quote:

Originally Posted by riderforever /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Me too. They should have thought it in advance and have put that feature in the PCI-X as well. They have already done it with the HDAV, so they didn't have to rediscover the wheel again.
If an owner of the STX wants to build a multichannel setup what should he do? Sell his card (losing half of the money) and buy the ST one?!
I really think it's a nonsense
ph34r.gif

The STX still offers Dolby Digital Live output so if the STX users wants to build a multichannel setup they can still use DDL.
I have been testing the ST for awhile and I am very impressed with this card.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back