Xonar Essence STX: Sneak Peek!
Jan 9, 2009 at 1:33 AM Post #301 of 2,066
Quote:

Originally Posted by ROBSCIX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For those asking about the current draw for the Essence for a linear supply. It is about 20 Watts, usually less.

thanks, are you able to divide it between 12v and 5V?

Jan 9, 2009 at 1:49 AM Post #302 of 2,066
man.. that's hard, you'll have to call the engineer in Asus to answer that question I guess....

Jan 9, 2009 at 2:29 AM Post #303 of 2,066
JUST FYI those that order from NCIXUS.com FedEx has problem now!

Flooding in Tacoma, Washington

FedEx service in the Tacoma, Washington region, including areas north and south, has been affected by heavy flooding. Customers in some locations may experience delays until conditions improve. Our top priority is the safety and well-being of our employees and contractors. We are committed to providing service to the best of our ability in areas that can be safely accessed, and we will continue to monitor the situation. Continue to check fedex.com for service updates.

Jan 9, 2009 at 4:40 AM Post #304 of 2,066
I know its early but has anyone figured out the voltage supplied to the main opamp? Ideally it should be 9v or above for descrete opamp options.

Jan 9, 2009 at 3:10 PM Post #306 of 2,066
Just ordered the DAC1 PRE, I am sure it will be better than the ASUS
biggrin.gif

(with a nice PRE, Headphones amp and a USB and a great DAC)

Jan 9, 2009 at 6:09 PM Post #308 of 2,066
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadLover /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just ordered the DAC1 PRE, I am sure it will be better than the ASUS
biggrin.gif

(with a nice PRE, Headphones amp and a USB and a great DAC)

I am sure it will be at $1595 but what does that have to do with the Asus?

Anyway, is the Asus Essence available to buy anywhere at this point? I'm not sure if I'm comfortable with "1-2 weeks" of waiting with NCIX, but then Newegg is not selling this thing either..

Jan 9, 2009 at 8:25 PM Post #309 of 2,066
Rob, is the "Sennheiser Veil" more or less noticeable with the Essence STX than with say, the X-Fi Prelude?

That's all I'd like to know, thanks.

Jan 9, 2009 at 8:34 PM Post #310 of 2,066
i just got mine -- sitting on my desk at work, waiting for the snow-bound commute home tonite to install in my audio-only pc....

got it from shopsharksystems.com in ontario CA. got here farily quickly shipped ups express using my shipper account.

got the parts to build a linear psu for it, but will try it with pc's psu first, and with the stock op amps just to see what it's like.

Jan 9, 2009 at 8:39 PM Post #311 of 2,066
Quote:

Originally Posted by Auidodude34 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
zimmzio said this place ships to France, maybe you should give them a call

XONAR ESSENCE STX - ASUS XONAR ESSENCE STX 124DB SNR/HEADPHONE AMP CARD FOR AUDIOPHILES PCI-E - Sohodiffusion.com

Also I ask this before but never got an answer, Is anyone using Vista 64?

I'm swiss and I got mine from here:

Shark Systems - XONAR ESSENCE STX - Asus

Received it today, installed and voilà! It sounds great with my Grado GS1000...

My only doubts are on how I should setup my PowerDVD's sound output to use the card's features...SPDIF like on X-FI? 6-speakers?...?

Jan 9, 2009 at 9:24 PM Post #312 of 2,066
Quote:

Originally Posted by fzman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i just got mine -- sitting on my desk at work, waiting for the snow-bound commute home tonite to install in my audio-only pc....

got it from shopsharksystems.com in ontario CA. got here farily quickly shipped ups express using my shipper account.

got the parts to build a linear psu for it, but will try it with pc's psu first, and with the stock op amps just to see what it's like.

Same! I was actually very surprised by how fast they expedited the thing. I highly recommend them.
bigsmile_face.gif

Jan 9, 2009 at 10:51 PM Post #314 of 2,066
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fafner /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My only doubts are on how I should setup my PowerDVD's sound output to use the card's features...SPDIF like on X-FI? 6-speakers?...?

Yes! and set on 6 speakers for 5.1.

Jan 9, 2009 at 11:00 PM Post #315 of 2,066
Oh! and i wanted to let people know that the asusaudiocentre skin is completely customizable...Theres a nice(cleaner) one over at deviantart.com here, it has to be modified a little to work correctly with the Essence though. I did the necessary changes myself.

Actually, i wouldn't mind sharing my modified version, if somebody knows a good place where i could upload it to?

*UPDATE*
Ok wait, it is a very simple modification. just go in Asus_Xonar_Custom_Skin_by_dobee\Skin\Status - Copy StatusPanel_DX.jpg to your desktop, rename it StatusPanel_STX.jpg and put back in and Voila! After you can copy the \Skin folder to your asus driver folder, x:\Program Files\ASUS Xonar Essence STX Audio\Customapp and overwrite(The asusaudiocentre must be closed first).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back