Xonar Essence STX: Sneak Peek!
Dec 11, 2008 at 6:15 PM Post #31 of 2,066
Quote:

Originally Posted by sonci /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I couldnt test my loudspeakers so I decided to google them around and decided to buy or not.. From every review I found they were nice with nobody complaining about anything.. So I decided to buy them..
well, you know, I dont like them, I`m not saying they`re bad, I`m saying they sound bad with my amp, cables, source, room, music, ears, otoacustic nerve Brain...
So, after spending 900eur, and feeling to start over.. Please say " ..sounds awsome to me"

Sorry, I missed that" from my tests"

Dec 11, 2008 at 10:38 PM Post #32 of 2,066
You can't really compare your experience from buying loudspeakers to a sound card. A better analogy would be buying headphones without listening to them first and then despite all the love on the internet not liking them. In terms of sound card quality it's more of a safe bet that it will be really good if peoples experiences on the internet say so. A better sound card isn't going to radically transform the character of the sound like speakers do, but instead make whatever is already there sound better.

Dec 15, 2008 at 3:24 AM Post #33 of 2,066
Quote:

Originally Posted by ROBSCIX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Xonar Essence STX sounds awesome from my tests. All of the Xonar cards have provided great sound quality and this card was built to sound good above all else. This is why it uses the high end DAC, high quality audio filtering caps, Power filters..etc..etc.

Is the sound quality is above the X-Meridian from your point of view?

Dec 15, 2008 at 4:16 PM Post #35 of 2,066
I have now pre-ordered my card here in Sweden and the stores that are listing it are saying that they're getting it December 30th. Can't wait!

Dec 16, 2008 at 12:37 AM Post #36 of 2,066
Quote:

Based on my personal listening test, yes.

Now I'm salivating...

Dec 16, 2008 at 12:11 PM Post #38 of 2,066
I'm so getting this card
icon10.gif

It's about time i upgraded from my audigy 2 zs.

Dec 16, 2008 at 12:20 PM Post #39 of 2,066
Quote:

Yes and consider when you change out the opamps and do some other mods...

And what opamps and mods have you in mind?

Dec 16, 2008 at 2:55 PM Post #41 of 2,066
Quote:

Yes and consider when you change out the opamps and do some other mods...

It should be LM4562 on default.. Is there anything better than them?

Dec 16, 2008 at 4:01 PM Post #42 of 2,066
Quote:

Originally Posted by sonci /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It should be LM4562 on default.. Is there anything better than them?

Yes, many would say there are other opamps that are better then the LM4562's. Some also have personal favorites such as OPA627,637, AD or LT brand opamps. Also consider the Discrete opamps like the Sun,moon,Earth or the Burson models are said to provide better quality then many chip opamps.
Many use opamps to tailor the frequency response more to thier personal taste.

Dec 16, 2008 at 4:09 PM Post #44 of 2,066
Any, being that this card has a built in headphone amplifer it is capable of driving all high impedance headphones without an external amplifier.

I have never used those heapdhoens so I cannot comment on them. I have been testing the Essence with two sets of headphones and both sound very,very good when used with this card.

Dec 16, 2008 at 4:48 PM Post #45 of 2,066
Ok and what about frequency response? hdjs have 5 Hz to 30kHz but stx have 10 Hz to 90 KHz so what does it mean?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back