Xonar Essence STX: Sneak Peek!
Dec 31, 2008 at 5:17 AM Post #136 of 2,066
Now confirmed! It's on its way home...

@Zimmzio, where did you find it in Quebec?

Dec 31, 2008 at 3:04 PM Post #137 of 2,066
damn! one of you got mine then... but I'm happy for you guys.

As of me, I'll know today if i can get one over here...

@finaxe: I'll let you know about the place after Ive secured one for myself, I'm not taking anymore chances! lol

Dec 31, 2008 at 5:23 PM Post #138 of 2,066
Quote:

Originally Posted by zimmzio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
damn! one of you got mine then... but I'm happy for you guys.

As of me, I'll know today if i can get one over here...

@finaxe: I'll let you know about the place after Ive secured one for myself, I'm not taking anymore chances! lol

hahaha

Dec 31, 2008 at 5:49 PM Post #139 of 2,066
Well i decided to wait it out and stick with NCIX. *crossing fingers for Friday*

@finaxe: The place that has them(i should say can get them, not before Monday anyway) in Montreal is sohodiffusion.com check them out, they ship to Canada, United States and France and offer 24/7 delivery in the Montreal area and they also have a checkout counter.

Dec 31, 2008 at 5:50 PM Post #140 of 2,066
Just got the card and about to install but first decided to read the manual.

The weird thing is, that the manual (off the website, updated 12/18) states that the Front Outs are amplified.

But on the box it states that they are meant to be connected to an AVR or Speakers meaning.. its line out.

Wish Asus would get their act together and have some correct info written. First the Headphone out had a 110db SnR now they updated to 117.

Dec 31, 2008 at 6:39 PM Post #142 of 2,066
I know that, I'm just saying, there's a lot of conflicting information from ASUS themselves about the spec and capabilities of this card. The 110 -> 117 was just an example (and a happy change at that)

Dec 31, 2008 at 9:27 PM Post #144 of 2,066
Well this figures.. I installed the card but it wont' work.. my system is saying one of the PCI-to-PCI bridges doesn't have enough resources for it to run (code 12)

So I can't actually install any drivers as it has not detected it yet. Here's a tip: never buy an nvidia motherboard!

Also a warning.. the shield on the card is very thick. If you use a back plate for your video card (Mine is watercooled with the D-Tek GFX 2 hence the backplate) then there will be some clearance issues if you install this sound card right above a video card.

Dec 31, 2008 at 9:32 PM Post #145 of 2,066
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bojamijams /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well this figures.. I installed the card but it wont' work.. my system is saying one of the PCI-to-PCI bridges doesn't have enough resources for it to run (code 12)

And is that with the molex connected? Also do you have onboard sound?

Dec 31, 2008 at 9:37 PM Post #146 of 2,066
Quote:

Originally Posted by ROBSCIX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
110 wouldn't be correct. The TI headphone amp is spec'd for 120 MAX...meaning normal values for this amp would be about 117db.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Dec 31, 2008 at 10:40 PM Post #148 of 2,066
Yeah the molex is connected. And I tested to make sure it wasn't a bum connector.

I tried booting with onboard sound enabled and disabled, still apparently not having enough resources :s

for the record, I have the evga 750i ftw mobo. Something tells me people with intel chipsets are not going to have this issue.

Dec 31, 2008 at 10:47 PM Post #149 of 2,066
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bojamijams /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah the molex is connected. And I tested to make sure it wasn't a bum connector.

I tried booting with onboard sound enabled and disabled, still apparently not having enough resources :s

for the record, I have the evga 750i ftw mobo. Something tells me people with intel chipsets are not going to have this issue.

hmm I wonder what mobo's Alydon and ROBSCIX are using. I have a ASUS p5q pro intel chipset.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back