Xonar Essence ST Sneak Peek
Apr 29, 2009 at 8:34 AM Post #34 of 1,781
i don't own a quality amp, so the reason for me to buy a quality soundcard is for the DAC, and then feed the ananlog to my speakers.

this may sound like a noob question, but in relation to digital out (for those that use a quality amp etc.) does the soundcard actually do any processing on digital (optical/coaxial) out before it passes to the amp?

if not, is this not dissimilar to using onboard digital out?

Apr 29, 2009 at 10:54 AM Post #35 of 1,781
What kind of external can dac/amp is the st comparable with? I was planning to buy the stx but halted because the lack of PCI-E on my comp
frown.gif

Apr 29, 2009 at 1:29 PM Post #37 of 1,781
This is annoying... makes me wish I had just waited for the ST. More flexible installation options and the 7.1 makes it easily superior. I hope it's at least more expensive to make me not feel that dumb for getting the STX!

Apr 29, 2009 at 1:57 PM Post #38 of 1,781
I just hope the H6 board goes on sell, so I dont feel silly not grabing the Deluxe when I knew I wanted that board. Even if I had to wait a bit more for cash to get it. Tho I wouldnt mind wishing I had the ST instead.

May 3, 2009 at 3:20 AM Post #42 of 1,781
Sure, many boards have similar configurations putting PCI-E X1 slots up where they can't be used. You can put the STX in a X8 or X16 slot...
You could also wait and use the ST in a normal PCI slot
wink.gif

May 3, 2009 at 9:33 AM Post #43 of 1,781
Quote:

Originally Posted by ROBSCIX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sure, many boards have similar configurations putting PCI-E X1 slots up where they can't be used. You can put the STX in a X8 or X16 slot...
You could also wait and use the ST in a normal PCI slot
wink.gif

sure, but if it comes w/ the daughter board it's gonna cost $300..

May 3, 2009 at 3:44 PM Post #44 of 1,781
There has been no MSRP suggested yet. The STX was rather cheap so I am unsure why you think the card will jump from $180 to $300 because of a H6 DAC board and a cable. Wait to see how they decide to market the card and what the MSRP will be...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back