Xonar Dx vs Soundblaster Z
Nov 26, 2017 at 10:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

albedo2343

New Head-Fier
I have a Xonar Dx and was wondering how the soundblaster Z compares, i enjoy the DX but the its really quiet and this really bugs me, so should i get an amp for the DX, or replace it with the Sounblaster Z? If you have any suggestions of a better sound card, or DAC/Amp, in the same price range as SB Z, im open to that as well?

I use it with a pair of Sennheiser HD598s, and also have a realteck ALC1150, I usually use it for single player games(Deus Ex,Splinter Cell, Tomb Raider, Mafia, MGSV, Hitman) if that helps.

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2017 at 12:42 AM Post #2 of 4
The 598 doesn't have much bass to start with, if that's bugging you then I'd say they weren't the right choice. I don't know much about either card because those companies rarely post any useful specs but I'd assume they're equal. I don't think you need to spend extra money on top of that if you're just using it with the 598 because those are so easy to drive that the new soundcard probably won't be much of an improvement.

I see the SBZ going for 70-100 dollars online, I'd say get a Schiit Fulla 2 dac/amp and never look back

Nov 27, 2017 at 1:12 AM Post #3 of 4
The 598 doesn't have much bass to start with, if that's bugging you then I'd say they weren't the right choice. I don't know much about either card because those companies rarely post any useful specs but I'd assume they're equal. I don't think you need to spend extra money on top of that if you're just using it with the 598 because those are so easy to drive that the new soundcard probably won't be much of an improvement.

I see the SBZ going for 70-100 dollars online, I'd say get a Schiit Fulla 2 dac/amp and never look back

sry i meant it sounds really quiet even at max volume not bass, would the Schiit Fulla 2 be better than a SBz? if u were to suggest an external amp what would it be?

Nov 27, 2017 at 8:05 AM Post #4 of 4
sry i meant it sounds really quiet even at max volume not bass, would the Schiit Fulla 2 be better than a SBz? if u were to suggest an external amp what would it be?
I like the Fulla 2 much better than the SBZ. It's a dac/amp so it's all you'd need to buy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back