XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED!
Jun 2, 2016 at 6:09 PM Post #2,176 of 3,865

I think the USB guys will start hating us now! lol

Cheers!

Yep!
triportsad.gif

Jun 2, 2016 at 6:11 PM Post #2,178 of 3,865
Glad that is working out for you.  The X-1 is the forgotten step child to the F-1.  But pretty good in it's own right.  Has the ultra low phase noise NDK SD clocks.

Speaking of - when is DIYinHK coming out with the Pro4a?  Should be soon.

And how about the c-1 board, not from Singxer perhaps, not sure? The clocks are on the isolated side, which is a plus and they are are supposedly better (femto), according to a seller. Leaning towards that one right now, i just need i2s. Overall jitter well under 1ps. It would allow the shortest i2s cable length possible (2 inches or so).

Anyone tried it?

Jun 2, 2016 at 6:16 PM Post #2,179 of 3,865
And how about the c-1 board, not from Singxer perhaps, not sure? The clocks are on the isolated side, which is a plus and they are are supposedly better (femto), according to a seller. Leaning towards that one right now, i just need i2s. Overall jitter well under 1ps. It would allow the shortest i2s cable length possible (2 inches or so).

Anyone tried it?

Do you have a link for the C-1? Have a hard time tracking these other versions down...

Jun 2, 2016 at 6:47 PM Post #2,181 of 3,865

I'm not familiar with the PPA card but what I understand about the JCAT is that the external power adapter only feeds the 5V line of the USB port.
The board itself still operates on the 3.3V it draws from the PCIe connector and not from the attached PS.

No. If external 5V is present then PCi-E 3.3V will be used only for 1.05V regulator for NEC digital core.
The JCAT board has a linear regulator which can provide additional filtering to the NEC chip. Without external 5V connected, the 3.3V from computer will be applied directly to the NEC chip without much filtering. 

Cheers, 
Marcin

Jun 2, 2016 at 8:15 PM Post #2,185 of 3,865
  Ugh. I know I'm going to give in...

Resistance is futile!

I have to say I am amazed - I expected a draw at best.  Not this level of improvement.

Not sure if any audiophile has heard this before - these Pro guys keeping it a secret - and boy do they keep good secrets.

This is lights out the best audio I have ever heard - my old $30k analog rig is mince meat compared to this SQ.

Will call old BURL up tomorrow and get the low down on his Brooklyn II $250 card.

Jun 2, 2016 at 8:20 PM Post #2,187 of 3,865

No. If external 5V is present then PCi-E 3.3V will be used only for 1.05V regulator for NEC digital core.
The JCAT board has a linear regulator which can provide additional filtering to the NEC chip. Without external 5V connected, the 3.3V from computer will be applied directly to the NEC chip without much filtering. 

Cheers, 
Marcin

Thanks Marcin for the clarification.  Just from the looks of it a big step above the PPA V2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back