XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED!
Jun 2, 2016 at 9:28 PM Post #2,194 of 3,865
Resistance is futile!

I have to say I am amazed - I expected a draw at best.  Not this level of improvement.

Not sure if any audiophile has heard this before - these Pro guys keeping it a secret - and boy do they keep good secrets.

This is lights out the best audio I have ever heard - my old $30k analog rig is mince meat compared to this SQ.

Will call old BURL up tomorrow and get the low down on his Brooklyn II $250 card.

Amen to that Brother!

Jun 2, 2016 at 9:46 PM Post #2,196 of 3,865
  I hope someone will make a 2-channel version of the Rednet 3. I don't want a giant $1000 box just for 2 channel audio.

You know as soon as a 2-channel is made, it's marked "audiophile" and you'll probably save a whopping $200 over the Pro-Audio stuff. Now if a Chinese company took over and made a 2ch, clunky looking or not even in a box -- it'll probably be sub-$500.

Jun 2, 2016 at 9:59 PM Post #2,198 of 3,865
  I hope someone will make a 2-channel version of the Rednet 3. I don't want a giant $1000 box just for 2 channel audio.

That's totally understandable.  Boy neither did I  - but glad I did (well mine was a demo for $800).

Will speak with BURL tomorrow and see if he can't come up with something.

He just switched over all his products to DANTE - so he has obviously paid the $10k SDK fee.

Sells the BK2 boards for $250 -  just need a board and box to plug into for SPDIF or AES.

Jun 2, 2016 at 10:02 PM Post #2,199 of 3,865

You know as soon as a 2-channel is made, it's marked "audiophile" and you'll probably save a whopping $200 over the Pro-Audio stuff. Now if a Chinese company took over and made a 2ch, clunky looking or not even in a box -- it'll probably be sub-$500.

Well that AVB ethernet XMOS board (actually it looks like a plug and play solution - but needs an interface) looks very close to what we need.  Better clocking and a interface would be welcome.

I do think it very exciting that we actually have a $1K AOIP solution now - not vaporware.  So with our push we can wake these manufacturers up to the mass potential.

Jun 2, 2016 at 11:30 PM Post #2,201 of 3,865
I am a little bit confused. Does one also need to buy the RedNet PCIe Card (https://us.focusrite.com/ethernet-audio-interfaces/rednet-pcie-card) to use with the RedNet 3? Or my notebook's existing Ethernet port will do?

The full Burl B2 Bomber DAC with Dante input costs USD2,349. Hopefully they can come out a A10 Tank buster Dante->AES/SPDIF/I2S interface for less than $400.

Jun 2, 2016 at 11:42 PM Post #2,202 of 3,865
I am a little bit confused. Does one also need to buy the RedNet PCIe Card (https://us.focusrite.com/ethernet-audio-interfaces/rednet-pcie-card) to use with the RedNet 3? Or my notebook's existing Ethernet port will do?

The full Burl B2 Bomber DAC with Dante input costs USD2,349. Hopefully they can come out a A10 Tank buster Dante->AES/SPDIF/I2S interface for less than $400.
Lol, I was thinking more like the Stealth F117 Dante SPDIF. No you can use your existing Ethernet port, It runs off a Digital Virtual Soundcard. WIN & Apple supported, no Linux yet.

Jun 2, 2016 at 11:48 PM Post #2,203 of 3,865
Lol, I was thinking more like the Stealth F117 Dante SPDIF. No you can use your existing Ethernet port, It runs off a Digital Virtual Soundcard. WIN & Apple supported, no Linux yet.

LOL. I suppose A10 will be much cheaper than F117/F22/F35...

Jun 3, 2016 at 1:41 AM Post #2,205 of 3,865

Oh not even close!  Yeah  at least a 210-220. 240 with the Mutec as reclocker.  Versus the 170 for the Uber chain + the F-1.  I'm laughing as I just took this massive pile of gear out of my main room - I count 3 LPS TeraDaks, 3 black boxes - 2 Startech and a Recovery, A freaking pile of cables and iFi gizmos.

Now I tried the BJC CAT6 cable - I could hear no difference from the very nice Red CAT cable from Focusrite.

Then tried the Mutec as ext word clock - it made the sound slightly veiled and flat - so obviously the clocking in the RD3 is excellent.

Then tried the Mutec as a SPDIF reclocker - that is nice, really nice.  Not a huge leap but another 10% more goodness.  And I will get the non-USB version if one comes up for sale used.

But I can easily live with just the REDNET 3 and will for some time.

Now what to do with all this gear - One F-1 will go for a loan to my friend who lent me the Mutec (mailing it back tomorrow - Many thanks bro'), then once back will be sold.

The rest of my gear will get shoe horned into my office system - but there will be lot's left over for the classifieds.  So watch them next week.

So happy right now!  Thanks to you and Mike - should have listened to you a month ago!

Cheers
beerchug.gif

Cheers, I'm glad to hear you took the chance and tried it out.

-Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back