XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED!
Aug 11, 2016 at 9:56 AM Post #3,259 of 3,865

Hi !

Replacing its stock psu seems very doable. It should not be a show-stopper ...

i am more concerned about the circuits pcb design and construction 
the SU1 looks very different from the F1 ... which the better design ?

Then I could always use any high quality external psu with a simple mod (i.e. adding a DC socket on the back panel)
Like the Audiobyte Hydra Z  

Regards,  gino  

Yes I posted those photos a long time ago - on folks who replaced the SMPS on their Mutec with LPS.

The SU-1 is NOT a very different design then the F-1.  Similar components on a larger board to accommodate the additional output sockets and the inclusion of a power supply board.

Aug 11, 2016 at 10:28 AM Post #3,262 of 3,865
  Yes I posted those photos a long time ago - on folks who replaced the SMPS on their Mutec with LPS.
The SU-1 is NOT a very different design then the F-1.   Similar components on a larger board to accommodate the additional output sockets and the inclusion of a power supply board. 

Hi !  sorry I did not see that. 
Thanks a lot for the valuable information. 
Regards,   gino  

Aug 11, 2016 at 10:33 AM Post #3,263 of 3,865
Hello,

Did anybody test the singxer F-1 with a Squeezebox Touch ? I'm not sure the xmos will easely recognized by the SBT...

Touch with EDO mod works fine straight into the Gustard U12, if that is any help. I am not sure if the power scheme is the same with the F-1, but you will have problems with anything that severs the +5V line.

Aug 11, 2016 at 10:58 AM Post #3,265 of 3,865

Jcat USB isolator from intona built for audio. Any comments?

Aug 11, 2016 at 11:14 AM Post #3,267 of 3,865
http://asoyaji.blogspot.de/2016/08/usb-isolator.html

This is only review so far. Need to be translated.

Aug 11, 2016 at 11:46 AM Post #3,269 of 3,865

My pleasure, hope you can spot the difference nakedly. Through my old eyes it looks the same. But the black casing is soooo much better then the plastic itona. It also complement the black casing F1 from singxer that should arrive soon.

Aug 11, 2016 at 11:53 AM Post #3,270 of 3,865
My pleasure, hope you can spot the difference nakedly. Through my old eyes it looks the same. But the black casing is soooo much better then the plastic itona. It also complement the black casing F1 from singxer that should arrive soon.

Yes it is.  I much prefer the GB LAN USB extender solution.  Perfect compatibility, better clocking, better power supply options, true galvanic isolation, and the ability to transmit USB through GB LAN switches and Wifi.

Of all the USB gadgets I have tried - without a doubt had greatest SQ improvement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back