XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED!
Aug 9, 2016 at 11:48 AM Post #3,226 of 3,865
I have tried the iFi iPower as well, having a 9VDC and 5VDC (in fact will be listing a 5VDC version today in the classifieds), and I found in comparison the TeraDaks much better in almost every way.  This is on the F-1, DXIO Pro3a, X-1, powering the Startech and FMC fiber units.

The iPower is still a SMPS so feeds noise back into the power lines - although I found it does sound better then a normal SMPS.

As for the Audiophilleo - I had one - see my rankings.

Thanks. For iPower, we haven't obtained the same results.
For your Audiophilleo, I saw your ranking and I understand it only if you have tested the Audiophilleo without modul battery because without battery, the Audiophilleo interface is not very good. Do you own the battery modul ?

Aug 9, 2016 at 11:48 AM Post #3,227 of 3,865
hello,
just got an f-1 xmos, trying to set it up to listen to Spotify,no sound from dac my set up is : pc>supra usb cable> w4s recovery (amb labs 9v ps}> short connector>f-1> w4s dac2dsdse> ncore amps. no sound with Spotify, sound with JRMC 21. suggestions?
will the f-1 work with aq SBT?
thanks,
drmike

Aug 9, 2016 at 2:02 PM Post #3,229 of 3,865
Thanks. For iPower, we haven't obtained the same results.
For your Audiophilleo, I saw your ranking and I understand it only if you have tested the Audiophilleo without modul battery because without battery, the Audiophilleo interface is not very good. Do you own the battery modul ?

That is a good point I did not have the battery supply.  I understand the AP2 is much better with this - but as opposed to power directly from a PC USB or a switching power supply - any USB DDC would benefit from the cleaner battery power.

Aug 9, 2016 at 2:05 PM Post #3,230 of 3,865
Thx for your answer.

How would you rank the below ones :

Intona
PS Audio LANRover
Icron USB extenders
Startech USB extenders

The ICRON and Startech are similar - have not heard or heard from anyone with the LANRover.

Here is a nice write-up on the LANRover by Darko
http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/2016/07/all-terrain-usb-audio-with-the-ps-audio-lanrover/

Aug 9, 2016 at 2:10 PM Post #3,231 of 3,865
Quote:
is it this item ?
https://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-330-Feet-Ethernet-Extender-USB2G4LEXT2/dp/B00HFGQESY

That's the exact model I have - bought from Amazon.  I would consider selling it at a good price - as I'm moving to Ethernet only computer audio. 

PM me if interested.  I have the original box, packing materials and cables.  I have a few nice CAT6 cables I can include.

There are 4 version of this unit on Amazon. Can buy any of them, or Gigabit version only needed?

Aug 9, 2016 at 2:59 PM Post #3,232 of 3,865
  Quote:
There are 4 version of this unit on Amazon. Can buy any of them, or Gigabit version only needed?

It has to be the GB LAN version that does iso audio.

Noticing on the $599 PS Audio verison only one USB output.

I have had good success with the Startech that has four USB outputs - using one or two Jitterbugs in the empty USB ports.  The JB's add a touch of warmth and richness to the tone.

PS Audio version

Startech Version

Aug 9, 2016 at 4:36 PM Post #3,233 of 3,865
A good way to have a clean power on these little boxes is the Ifi iPower. I tried one on my Squeezebox Touch and on a W4S Recovery, the result is very improved regarding à Teradak PSU.
So, I'm hesitating between Singxer F-1 and Dxio Pro3z in replacement of my Audiophilleo but are we sure these 2 USB interfaces doing their job better than an Audiophilleo (I own this interface with the battery modulation and this interface must be considered only with this option)?
For information, my source is composed with iPower->Touch->Curious Cable USB->W4S Recovery->Audiophilleo 2 with Battery modul.
Thx

I owned the the Audiophileo with pure power 4 years ago. The f-1, with proper supply, is much better. The Breeze as well. I have not tried the Audiophileo with any usb reclocking device however. I went from audiophileo to internal usb32 (master-7) to di2014 to breeze to breeze modded with crysteks to f-1. And the f-1 is the best of them all. Better still using i2s if your dac allows it and you have some diy skills. Then i consider it very very close to reaching the quality limit that the rest of my gears dictates.

The Pro3z could beat the f-1, I don't know, have not tried it.

Aug 9, 2016 at 8:35 PM Post #3,236 of 3,865
Would it be safe to assume that using a Regen fed by a decent LPS to an F-1 could come close to the sound quality of the SU-1? Not so sure i'll go that route over the SU-1 to save $$ but would consider it. Already have a regen, have the opportunity to get a decent r-core LPS second hand decently cheap then the cost of an F-1 with case would save me roughly $130 over getting an SU-1. Also, has anyone fed the SU-1 with a regen with LPS and regen without an LPS? 

Aug 9, 2016 at 9:43 PM Post #3,237 of 3,865
A good way to have a clean power on these little boxes is the Ifi iPower. I tried one on my Squeezebox Touch and on a W4S Recovery, the result is very improved regarding à Teradak PSU.
So, I'm hesitating between Singxer F-1 and Dxio Pro3z in replacement of my Audiophilleo but are we sure these 2 USB interfaces doing their job better than an Audiophilleo (I own this interface with the battery modulation and this interface must be considered only with this option)?
For information, my source is composed with iPower->Touch->Curious Cable USB->W4S Recovery->Audiophilleo 2 with Battery modul.
Thx

f1 is WAY better.  Also owned Audiophilleo and pure power long ago.

Aug 9, 2016 at 9:58 PM Post #3,238 of 3,865
  hello,
just got an f-1 xmos, trying to set it up to listen to Spotify,no sound from dac my set up is : pc>supra usb cable> w4s recovery (amb labs 9v ps}> short connector>f-1> w4s dac2dsdse> ncore amps. no sound with Spotify, sound with JRMC 21. suggestions?
will the f-1 work with aq SBT?
thanks,
drmike

Hello,
Did anybody test the singxer F-1 with a Squeezebox Touch ? I'm not sure the xmos will easely recognized by the SBT...

Becose SBT work under Linux with UAC2 compliant kernel, any XMOS work with SBT without additional drivers installation. I used Gustard U12, DXIO Pro3a and Singxer F-1 with SBT without problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back