Xmas/Holiday Gift Exchange
Oct 21, 2001 at 4:42 PM Post #76 of 91
But do they have to be shrinkwrapped? (I've got some good CDs lying around that I don't need, but they're not in "brand new" condition)

Oct 21, 2001 at 4:47 PM Post #77 of 91
Quote:

Originally posted by eric343
But do they have to be shrinkwrapped? (I've got some good CDs lying around that I don't need, but they're not in "brand new" condition)

LOL! Uh oh. I can see folks getting rid of their rejects if we go the old CD route. Lessee.....my father-in-law belongs to a CD club and forgot to check off "no" on his monthly CD auto-send card, and ended up with a Billy Ray Cyrus CD. No joke. One day I found that CD sitting on my dining room table after one of his visits (Billy Ray isn't my father-in-law's style). It now sits in my CD cabinet, still shrinkwrapped (Billy Ray isn't my style either).

There is danger in the giving of rejects. If you don't believe me, just say the words "Billy Ray Cyrus" as a reminder.
wink.gif

Oct 21, 2001 at 6:25 PM Post #80 of 91
I would think that non-shrinkwrap CDs are OK, as long as you give in the spirit of the exchange -- i.e. to introduce the recipient to some great new music that you really like.

In other words, no rejects you're trying to "recycle"
wink.gif

One reason I may give a non-shrinkwrap CD is that I do a lot of used CD shopping, and sometimes I'll find a stellar CD that isn't available new.

Oct 21, 2001 at 7:00 PM Post #81 of 91
Quote:

Originally posted by MacDEF

wink.gif

Hey, anyone interested in the sound track to the "Good Burger" movie?
biggrin.gif

Seriously, I would
eek.gif
never
eek.gif
do something like that!

Oct 22, 2001 at 10:31 PM Post #83 of 91
Quote:

Originally posted by MacDEF
I would think that non-shrinkwrap CDs are OK, as long as you give in the spirit of the exchange -- i.e. to introduce the recipient to some great new music that you really like.

wink.gif

One reason I may give a non-shrinkwrap CD is that I do a lot of used CD shopping, and sometimes I'll find a stellar CD that isn't available new.

Good point, MacDEF. Yeah, non-shrinkwrapped CD's given in the true spirit of exchange (not recycling) makes sense, eh?

And as difficult as it will be to part with that Billy Ray Cyrus CD....as hard as it'll be to actually let it go....
wink.gif

Just kidding! Nobody's getting Billy Ray Cyrus from me -- I promise.

Oct 22, 2001 at 10:32 PM Post #84 of 91
jude: I'll take it! I mean......eBay.....eBay.....eBay......d'oh! Now you know!

biggrin.gif

Oct 29, 2001 at 2:37 AM Post #86 of 91
I still have four brand spankin' new copies, still shrink wrapped, of Pat Boone's "In a Metal Mood: No More Mr. Nice Guy".

Got em 4 or 5 years ago during some high school sponsored promo event along with a bunch of other useless junk. The whole family's been afraid to touch this cd. Billy Ray Cyrus ain't got nuthin on Pat Boone in leather.

Oct 29, 2001 at 3:49 AM Post #88 of 91
Quote:

Originally posted by MooGoesTheCow
I still have four brand spankin' new copies, still shrink wrapped, of Pat Boone's "In a Metal Mood: No More Mr. Nice Guy"

I have that CD, and I like a lot his version of "Enter Sandman" and "Another thing coming". The rest I can pass on, really. So anyway, what's the status on the xchange?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back