Xin SuperDual Photos
Jun 13, 2004 at 11:42 PM Post #16 of 54
sorry if i sounded harsh, guys
i guess each company comes up with their own logos and designs...some are prettier than other. i guess i just felt like there's no use complaining. maybe it just seemed like Xin bashing to me.

but youre all totally free to voice your opinions. sorry if i was a bit rude myself.

Jun 14, 2004 at 2:27 AM Post #17 of 54
Buy it and stuff it in a PPA Hamond case.
600smile.gif
At this size and price you can buy on for every pocket you have. If I get one and paint it ---- it will be dayglow orange. Cool beans.
biggrin.gif

Jun 14, 2004 at 2:39 AM Post #18 of 54
Let's hear how it sounds. At least before we smash it to bits. And yes, I did order one. So that I can finally put to rest in my mind whether or not Xin's creations are really creations, or just mini junk.

Jun 14, 2004 at 10:17 AM Post #19 of 54
whether or not Xin's creations are really creations, or just mini junk"

now that was harsh

i'm sure when people get theirs they'll start to find different cases for it, i'm fine with the plastic one that they come in but if someone finds or make a nice brushed aluminum i'd pay cash for it(that's if i like the amp)

Jun 14, 2004 at 3:01 PM Post #20 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefroastbeef
whether or not Xin's creations are really creations, or just mini junk"

now that was harsh

i'm sure when people get theirs they'll start to find different cases for it, i'm fine with the plastic one that they come in but if someone finds or make a nice brushed aluminum i'd pay cash for it(that's if i like the amp)

Well I think he was saying he was going to HEAR it before he decides it's worthwhile or not....prettiest case in the world won't matter if you don't like the sound.

Jun 14, 2004 at 3:36 PM Post #21 of 54
I am fine with the lettering but not that weird face. What I am concerned is that if all the letters are not well imprinted, sooner they will started to faded off and make the amp looks like a cheap product.

Jun 14, 2004 at 4:28 PM Post #22 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by etys rule
Or you could use the PR to smash the SD to bits. The thing is built like a brick.

Quote:

Originally Posted by etys rule
Let's hear how it sounds. At least before we smash it to bits. And yes, I did order one. So that I can finally put to rest in my mind whether or not Xin's creations are really creations, or just mini junk.

Guys..

Please respect Xin for his great work in designing amazingly small amps that provide one of the best cost/performance values in portable amps.. Would you rather spend $300 on the same amp if he used a brushed aluminum or a titanium case with a fancy logo.. even if the actual amp deserves a price tag of around $200??

Remember, 'Cheap is not always BAD'.. I have the greatest of respect for Xin's work, and I ask others to atleast not make fun of his cheap plastic matchboxes.. Not everyone wants to splurge a fortune on a portable amp..

EDIT: Etys Rule.. you might not have intended to make fun of Xin's amp, as you've ordered one for yourself, but I wanted to use your comments to get my point across to others who might look down upon Xin's work. No offense meant.

Jun 14, 2004 at 4:58 PM Post #23 of 54
I could not care less about the looks of the amp as long as it delivers killer amplification. There are other things about the dual that render it somewhat unattractive.

- The volume control - is it really a slider?! Boy, please say no!
- I want to be able to change my battery wherever I am. I think one can compromise by buying that external 9V adaptor

Jun 14, 2004 at 5:47 PM Post #25 of 54
I believe the volume is of the stepped digital variety Xin has used in the past.

Scott

Jun 14, 2004 at 5:53 PM Post #26 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by downingp
I didnt notice the slider volume control either. I hope thats not going to be a problem.

SD is absolutely fab considering how small and cheap it is.

Well as i have a SD prototype i can tell you that the volume slider can be a bit of a pain if you want to change volume a lot but it is probably not as bad as you think. What you do is push the slider as far right as possible to nudge it up or as far left as possible to nudge it down. You can repeat the nudges as required.

Battery -
1/ you can change it any time you want
2/ You can connect SD to an external battery
3/ You can charge the battery without taking it out by connecting it to an AC/DC transaformer.

Incidentally:

1/ SD is now shipping tomorrow after a minor delay
2/ I have just had my impressions done and have placed my UE-5C order !!

Jun 14, 2004 at 5:57 PM Post #27 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by scottder
I believe the volume is of the stepped digital variety Xin has used in the past.

Scott

Correct

Jun 14, 2004 at 6:06 PM Post #28 of 54
i too don't care what the amp looks like as long as i like the sound(i do like the case though)

besides, i'll still get made fun of either way for owning a headphone amp

Jun 14, 2004 at 6:19 PM Post #29 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefroastbeef
i too don't care what the amp looks like as long as i like the sound(i do like the case though)

besides, i'll still get made fun of either way for owning a headphone amp

Heh, at least with the Pocket Ref you can use it as an offensive weapon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back