Xin order status???
Jan 7, 2006 at 8:19 PM Post #31 of 163
Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffreybowman2k
BTW, i see that Xin's website has now been changed to require a username and password to gain access. What is that all about?

I believe he is rumored to be doing site overhaul or testing for the past few days. Sometimes websites require maintenence or changes.

Jan 7, 2006 at 8:24 PM Post #32 of 163
confused.gif

Jan 7, 2006 at 9:10 PM Post #33 of 163
I ordered a mini in late November, paid by cc via PP. Several weeks later I sent an e-mail and posted on his support forum regarding the Solid tube upgrade. My personal experience is that I never got one response to either one, and finally removed the post as I felt it would only further delay my order. I see that some who ordered around the same time as I report recieving shipping notices and/or their amps (lucky dogs!!). I still have faith in Xin, but I will admit to feeling a little uneasy at this point. As a side note, I have no problems with my E-mail filters, and have used E-commerce, Pay Pal, and other methods amny times for many years, so I don't think I have missed anything there. I hope all is well w/ Xin, and it is just the backlog due to the demand for a great product, but I would feel better if I knew a little more about what is going on.

Jan 7, 2006 at 9:27 PM Post #35 of 163
Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffreybowman2k
confused.gif

The guy's only got one pair of hands, and he's doing it all himself.
He could also be having issues with his database, server, etc.

My public apology to Dr. Xin. I didn't mean to smear his name here; that's why in the first line of my post, my primary concern and belief was that he was either on vacation or busy. I only offered up a "Dark Side" scenario as a joke; I was wrong to do that, and I am sorry I did.

Yes, of course it would alleviate alot of customer concern for their emails to be answered; but again, the guy found himself in great demand for his work, and if he did experience problems with his website and/or database on top of his already staggering workload, then patience should be in order here.
He did, after all, actively participate in his Forum and also went above and beyond in his customer service, as noted by previous posters in this thread. I must admit I've been impressed by continuous drive to improve his products, and also believe his products represent an excellent value. I've been eyeballing his Mini and Macro amps with great interest.

Once again, as I've said before, I hope all is well with him and his family.

Jan 7, 2006 at 9:56 PM Post #36 of 163
I sent Xin an email December 31 about returning my Supermacro 3v3 to repair a defective volume pot (the shaft moves considerably vertically and horizontally). He replied to my email Jan 5.

Jan 7, 2006 at 10:18 PM Post #37 of 163
I also ordered a mini on the last day of the thanksgiving sale, and while i have no worries about Xin's credibility, after all i've read about him everywhere, i also think there's the bare minimum of responsibility towards people.

I don't mind waiting for the amp, and if i'd know he's out for even 3 months vacation now, i'd be bummed out, but i'd know what i have to look forward to. Right now, being completely in the dark is really killing me, because i don't know what to expect... i check his website every day looking for clues on when i might receive the amp, according to other people's comments, and check my email religiously hoping for some sign of Xin.

I don't expect him to answer all emails, reply to each one, and spend valuable time on keeping people 100% informed, but spending 2-3 minutes like i'm doing right now, just posting some message on his website, saying "out on vacation, be back on xyz" or even "i can't handle all the orders, expect 1-2 months til delivery cos i have a life besides making stuff for all you ******* audiophile crazy people!", that is the bare minimum of communication which ANYONE can handle.

I'm sure the amp will be worth the wait, but i think not doing this bare minimum, is a big let down from such a reputable personality in this community.

Jan 7, 2006 at 10:35 PM Post #38 of 163
Come on guys. Let's calm down. Dr. Xin is not only a true genius and gentleman, but a very caring and considerate person. I have had nothing but exemplary service and support from him. We will all see that there is a good explanation for all of this when the website is back.

Jan 7, 2006 at 11:49 PM Post #39 of 163
I just tried http://www.fixup.net, and it prompted me for a username and password. I don't know if those who've registered on Xin's forums have access, but I don't. I think he's just updating the page; esp. after reading about a January 5th reply.

*feeling a little better now* (not like I had to worry, tho')

Jan 8, 2006 at 1:00 AM Post #41 of 163
Why would anyone without understanding the real reason for poor service from a vendor apologize for him? I bought a portable radio from Xin and it was a bit late but the service was acceptable and the quality was great.

Unfortunatley Xin is after all a vendor and we enter into transactions with him based on expectations that HE sets. If he hits the mark than treasure and success to him. If he does not deliver than he is deservidley chastized and loses buisness. That is capitalism , that is the only way the system works. Given all the posts rushing to excuse and accept this behavior I thought some one should speak to rational ground rules.

My personal belief is that Xin is a great guy with good products and that my experience with him was acceptable. However if he stops returning emails, takes peoples money and does not delilver on expectations then down he should go. I say give him another couple of weeks to surface and then let him offer an explanation.

Jan 8, 2006 at 1:21 AM Post #42 of 163
That's why I suggest Xin limit the number of orders allowed per day. People tend to get a little agitated when what they ordered didn't get delivered promptly, but there's no responsibility on the vendor's side if customers are justing waiting to order. Maybe it's time for Xin to change his business strategy.

Jan 8, 2006 at 1:21 AM Post #43 of 163
The website is back up but not working properly. Obviously he/they is working on it now.

Has anyone nearby thought of offering to give Xin a bit of a hand with shipping and web maintenance etc? I'm just talking in spare time, and maybe he could give you a free amp or something?

His website sure could use a bit of work (as could Ray Samuels' and a few others) maybe some web savy Head-Fiers could could score themselves some free gear by doing a bit of work on some of these websites or help with shipping etc? Plus it would benefit to the community.

Just a thought...

Jan 8, 2006 at 2:00 AM Post #44 of 163
RandyRuiz, you've got it bassackwards. Your "Why would anyone without understanding the real reason for poor service from a vendor apologize for him?".......your sentence should read ..Why would anyone without understanding the real reason for poor service ATTACK a vendor?" BTW I have not read anyone posit an apology for him...there was only one apology and that was TO him....................this headphone...amp....music listening is a hobby for most of us and not a livelyhood. Chill, or at least stop drinking too much coffee or whatever................how many remember how long it took to finally receive their Nano......then the "tubes" for that Nano and then the ----from Apple. Huh? Timely service? Informed customers? Or what about dealing with Verizon - did you get the proper DSL speed when the levels were changed....have you dealt with their "customer retention dept" ........do you get the idea ? Go ahead and jump all over a small businessman because he did what? Children!

Jan 8, 2006 at 2:05 AM Post #45 of 163
Quote:

Originally Posted by BushGuy
RandyRuiz, you've got it bassackwards. Your "Why would anyone without understanding the real reason for poor service from a vendor apologize for him?".......your sentence should read ..Why would anyone without understanding the real reason for poor service ATTACK a vendor?" BTW I have not read anyone posit an apology for him...there was only one apology and that was TO him....................this headphone...amp....music listening is a hobby for most of us and not a livelyhood. Chill, or at least stop drinking too much coffee or whatever.

Although I don't own or have a Xin amp on order, I'll say this, I don't find the comment backwards at all. Unless you know Xin personally or are otherwise in extened contact with him, you don't know the reason behind his troubles. ANd I agree, regardless of if you're a one man buisness or not, there is a certain level of customer service that is expected of buisnesses and vendors. If you can't satisfy that, it is your obligation to make sure that's cleared up and such. I've been contemplating a SMIII puruchase, buut at this rate, I'd be worried when I would be able to receive it, seeing as how some November/December orders haven't even been filled yet. His site says 2-3 weeks so as a consumer, unless notified otherwise, that's when I'd expect the product.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back