Xiaomi In-Ear Headphones Pro HD (2 +1 Hybrid)
Dec 10, 2017 at 6:35 PM Post #857 of 888
Does anyone get electric/static shocks when touching a piece of metal?(especially in the winter). I got shocked in my ear when I did that.

P.S. talking about the Pro HD version.

Apr 6, 2018 at 1:09 PM Post #860 of 888
bought one for my wife for the sake of microphone, 30+ burn in, mod the vent, change tips with spin fit.
imo after mod and tips changed, sound way much better. treble harsh decrease, bass increase but bit muddy.
best one in this price range i think fxt90, search one on aliexpress and you get cheap iem with excellent sound that you guys can abuse, soundwise fxt90 80% of gr07 be :)

Apr 13, 2018 at 1:48 AM Post #862 of 888
Last edited:
Apr 13, 2018 at 1:41 PM Post #863 of 888
You could try Aliexpress, eBay, or Amazon if you don't want to wait for the next Gearbest sale.

As far as coupon codes, try https://couponsfromchina.com/ or http://www.jayceooi.com/

Ebay seems to have the best prices in my initial search. Any idea if I can find out if they are real? Also, I hate to ask for another favor but do you know which Ali store is selling the real version of thse or any other comparable IEm with a mic.

Apr 13, 2018 at 1:49 PM Post #864 of 888
Ebay seems to have the best prices in my initial search. Any idea if I can find out if they are real? Also, I hate to ask for another favor but do you know which Ali store is selling the real version of thse or any other comparable IEm with a mic.

No clue. That's always a risk. But it's easy to tell once you have them if they are fake or not (there's photos in this thread). You just look for a blue nozzle screen, and a BA driver in the nozzle. If you get a fake, it's easy to get your money back from ebay with the photos as proof.

That's the 1 nice thing about buying from Gearbest - 100% of the time you can be assured of genuine articles (except for 1 or 2 hiccups in their history, which they promptly resolved).

So I guess the question is, "is it worth paying a few dollars more from Gearbest to guarentee genuine"? Only you can answer that.

Apr 13, 2018 at 2:42 PM Post #865 of 888
Hi everyone.
I commented in that topic several months ago. I now owned 5 pairs. Here's my final thoughts on this product :

Audio quality : absolutely awesome (without even talking about the price). Yes, it lacks bass but it really sounds great overall.

Build quality : again, very good. Very comfortable, and the cable doesn't break neither does it get all tangled.

Price : Considering what you get : awesome.

Should you buy it? Well, probably not. As I said I bought 5 pairs and for a reason. The same problem always occured : there's 3 drivers for each speakers, and every time, one broke. Weirdly, always on the left speaker.
I don't take them outside, I don't put them into a bag, or a pocket. However it is to note that I use them every single day on extended periods of time. But still, I think it's very problematic that on 5 pairs they all broke down after only 4-6months.

Also, none of them broke at the level of the jack 3.5mm, which is by far the first breaking point for the majority of earbuds. This adds up to my original thoughts on the cable : they are really good quality.

After spending 100€ on those, I quit. Tired of having to pay 20$, wait 1 month and then do the same thing again and again.

I'm back on AKG earbuds from the Galaxy S8.

Sep 30, 2018 at 5:00 PM Post #866 of 888
Got a new pair and tested it. It turns out that the left earpiece is 1 decibel louder than the right one. I do hear that and it's rather annoying. I have tested an older pair and it does not have this issue.

Sep 30, 2018 at 6:29 PM Post #867 of 888
Got a new pair and tested it. It turns out that the left earpiece is 1 decibel louder than the right one. I do hear that and it's rather annoying. I have tested an older pair and it does not have this issue.

Minor channel imbalances do happen from time to time. Not just with the Pro HD, but literally all headphones/earphones.

Some higher end products or more boutique companies measure and channel match their gear, even going as far as adjusting individual drivers with resistors until they are perfectly matched. But you’re not going to find that in a $20 mass-produced IEM.

About all you can do is try and contact the seller. Some are willing to work with you on a refund, partial refund, or a replacement pair. Other sellers may not be so willing.

While I realize you said you can tell the difference, 1dB is not all that much. Most sellers are going to ask for some sort of video proof of the problem. I have my doubts that an imbalance of 1dB would even show up in a video. So you may find it’s going to be an uphill battle.

Regardless, I hope it works out for you.

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2018 at 7:53 PM Post #868 of 888
Minor channel imbalances do happen from time to time. Not just with the Pro HD, but literally all headphones/earphones.

Some higher end products or more boutique companies measure and channel match their gear, even going as far as adjusting individual drivers with resistors until they are perfectly matched. But you’re not going to find that in a $20 mass-produced IEM.

About all you can do is try and contact the seller. Some are willing to work with you on a refund, partial refund, or a replacement pair. Other sellers may not be so willing.

While I realize you said you can tell the difference, 1dB is not all that much. Most sellers are going to ask for some sort of video proof of the problem. I have my doubts that an imbalance of 1dB would even show up in a video. So you may find it’s going to be an uphill battle.

I have an app on my mobile phone (LG V30) called "Sound Meter". It measures the decibels rather nicely. I have tested different pairs of IEMs and all of them produce the same decibels for either earpieces, except for the new Pro HD pair. I guess that I could use that as proof? But then again, it might be different after burn-in.

Oct 1, 2018 at 2:27 AM Post #869 of 888

In my experience it it wasn't 1dc, but 1/3 of the volume less than the other side. Seems relevant to add that usually, the mids, the low or the highs disappears. As there are 3 drivers, I'm guessing that one driver died.
It's not only annoying, it just sounds simply terrible to listen to.
And that happened on every one of my pairs after a couple of months.
That being said I still think they sound and are gorgeous.

Now on Kz Es4

Oct 1, 2018 at 8:00 AM Post #870 of 888
That sucks friend.

There have been a few cases that I remember seeing where 1 or more drivers die in the Pro HDs.

I don’t know how widespread the problem is, but BAs can and do die. You can even kill a BA from excessive volume, burning them in too loud, or from a physical force (such as dropping the IEM on tile or concrete).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back