Xiaomi In-Ear Headphones Pro HD (2 +1 Hybrid)
Jan 28, 2017 at 8:08 AM Post #391 of 888
Ordered them when this thread had 5 pages, finally got them. I got them more like out of curiosity, owning already 4 pairs of in-ear earphones. Although build quality is top notch, with extremely elegant metal finish, sound quality is a not as I would wish. I owned Piston 2 and 3 and liked them both. Piston 2 having really nice V-shaped sound, with emphasised bass and treble but just with right amount, and Piston 3 being more neutral, with better balance between bass, mids and treble. Compared to those old Pistons, these new Hybrids really didn't manage to impress me. In fact, there's harshness in treble that sometime just hurts. Bass is good, the amount is just right, although it rolls out fast, sub bass not being that present. This combination of rich treble and good bass makes them punchy and energetic which I like and I think would pleasure most of average consumers.

I saw some posts comparing these with 1More Triple Driver. Those were also an impulsive purchase, out of curiosity. I own them for about a year now and I feel those are endgame for me when talking about IEMs. They do everything better then these hybrids. Bass is better, with better extension and texture, mids better represented and without being recessed, and treble is detailed, sparkly, without being harsh at all! The bad thing about 1More is, because of those BA drivers fitted in the nozzle, the fitting and comfort are not best because the nozzle is freakin HUGE!

tl;dr - beautifully built, pretty good bass, recessed mids, harsh treble.

Jan 28, 2017 at 10:16 AM Post #392 of 888
Ordered them when this thread had 5 pages, finally got them. I got them more like out of curiosity, owning already 4 pairs of in-ear earphones. Although build quality is top notch, with extremely elegant metal finish, sound quality is a not as I would wish. I owned Piston 2 and 3 and liked them both. Piston 2 having really nice V-shaped sound, with emphasised bass and treble but just with right amount, and Piston 3 being more neutral, with better balance between bass, mids and treble. Compared to those old Pistons, these new Hybrids really didn't manage to impress me. In fact, there's harshness in treble that sometime just hurts. Bass is good, the amount is just right, although it rolls out fast, sub bass not being that present. This combination of rich treble and good bass makes them punchy and energetic which I like and I think would pleasure most of average consumers.

I saw some posts comparing these with 1More Triple Driver. Those were also an impulsive purchase, out of curiosity. I own them for about a year now and I feel those are endgame for me when talking about IEMs. They do everything better then these hybrids. Bass is better, with better extension and texture, mids better represented and without being recessed, and treble is detailed, sparkly, without being harsh at all! The bad thing about 1More is, because of those BA drivers fitted in the nozzle, the fitting and comfort are not best because the nozzle is freakin HUGE!

tl;dr - beautifully built, pretty good bass, recessed mids, harsh treble.
this was my first impression too. Dont blame you but you need to give them like 20hrs of good burn in with gray noise ant good volume. Try later the mod of blocking the vent hole, it gives a nice bass boost.

Jan 29, 2017 at 1:54 PM Post #396 of 888
Just tried this mod and for me, this improves them massively making them sound fatter with a weightier bottom end whilst simultaneously retaining the detail.

The bass packs a decent amount of punch now.

Makes you wonder why they put the vents there in the first place.
its a great way to make them airy, and also modded. Its like the custom pro from beyerdynamic. If i would use them in home, probably i would have them without the mod. But on comute, the extra bass is needed.
Most brands would have this option with a in house little stikers to block this vents

Jan 29, 2017 at 1:58 PM Post #397 of 888
its a great way to make them airy, and also modded. Its like the custom pro from beyerdynamic. If i would use them in home, probably i would have them without the mod. But on comute, the extra bass is needed.
Most brands would have this option with a in house little stikers to block this vents

Agreed. Without the mod they sound great in a quiet environment but with the background noise of the commute the bass disappears and they sound very harsh.

Jan 30, 2017 at 10:27 PM Post #398 of 888
Agreed. Without the mod they sound great in a quiet environment but with the background noise of the commute the bass disappears and they sound very harsh.

Depending on the shape of your ears, that front port is normally covered by your own ear also. It works for me so I don't need the mod, but once the earbuds fall a little out of place while I'm walking around, then I need to adjust it again to get that full bass.

But I do prefer it without the mod to get that wider airy soundstage.

Feb 1, 2017 at 7:10 AM Post #401 of 888
  Depending on the shape of your ears, that front port is normally covered by your own ear also. It works for me so I don't need the mod, but once the earbuds fall a little out of place while I'm walking around, then I need to adjust it again to get that full bass.

But I do prefer it without the mod to get that wider airy soundstage.

Totally agree. Prefer wider soundstage here too. 
biggrin.gif

Feb 1, 2017 at 9:31 AM Post #402 of 888
Just tried this mod and for me, this improves them massively making them sound fatter with a weightier bottom end whilst simultaneously retaining the detail.

The bass packs a decent amount of punch now.

Makes you wonder why they put the vents there in the first place.

You guys use duct tape. If it's cool how to perma block it ?

Feb 3, 2017 at 3:51 AM Post #405 of 888
My 2 cents. Previous Hybrid were quite bassy, with subpar soundstage and imaging, new Hybrid Pro HD are quite different, less bass (still enough), a bit better imaging, much better soundstage, better mids, much more treble, but harsh and sibilant. I would say the overall quality of the sound is better if you like more clarity and a less congested sound. But they are quite fatiguing to listen to. Will have to burn them in to see if the highs get better. If not, off they go and i amp up the budget to about 100$. (I think not for the 1More triple drivers but for the Fiio EX1 gen. 2, as i like an aery sound more)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back