Xiaomi In-Ear Headphones Pro HD (2 +1 Hybrid)
Jan 10, 2017 at 7:42 PM Post #364 of 888
I just got mine and comparing them to the Pro for some reason whenever a singer or anything goes high I hear this high "s-ing" sound. I got 2 of the Pro HDs so I know it wasnt a defective unit. Compared to the Pros yes the HD indeed sound a little bit better to my ear but now the high tones sound strange to me and I keep noticing this Sss-ing sound on some of the singer notes. Its really brief. Not like a constant thing. Whenever they say the letter S or any other short and sharp sound it sounds like that.
Maybe this was what people meant by "clearer mids and highs" and I just couldnt hear those before on the Pros.
Again I have 2 pairs of Gen 5 Pro HD so I know im not imagining it or theyre defective.

Also wanted to ask how long and how much I should burn in for?

I indeed have the 1More app and it has 4 cycles. First one is 12 hours and it DOES stop every 2 hours and it has a "rest" period so thats a built in feature with a "REST" timer that appears and all so they though of everything. 

The weird thing however is that if I increase the volume above 20% (which is what the app defaults to) after a second or 2 it auto immediately drops to 20%. Is the 1More app behaving like that for anyone else?

Also I finally wanted to ask that if It has built in rest periods and keeps volumes at 20% as well as switching auto from phase to phase its totally and fully safe to leave my Pro HDs to burn in via the 1More app right? Like untill it has finished all 4 cycles.

Jan 10, 2017 at 9:31 PM Post #365 of 888
After using this unit for over 2 weeks with MeeAudio double-flange tips and with the bass mod I found the Gen 5 much less muddier than Gen 4 but still with a lot less bass than the Gen 4.

Jan 11, 2017 at 4:19 AM Post #366 of 888
For the price point it's pretty good. But IMO the sound signature doesn't go well with some type of music

I also find the cable extremely soft. The tip is very likely to break off in future.

Jan 11, 2017 at 11:48 AM Post #369 of 888
For the price point it's pretty good. But IMO the sound signature doesn't go well with some type of music

I also find the cable extremely soft. The tip is very likely to break off in future.

i'm using the Pro HD and I'm using the comply-s at the moment. It's able to tame the highs while giving me a good fit/isolation.

Jan 11, 2017 at 10:58 PM Post #371 of 888
  anyone here actually own the pro hd? it seems like most of the people here just bought the pro version from gearbest instead. also anyone have a link to buy it from somewhere?

http://www.gearbest.com/earbud-headphones/pp_566702.html?wid=21

beerchug.gif

Jan 12, 2017 at 12:37 AM Post #373 of 888
anyone here actually own the pro hd? it seems like most of the people here just bought the pro version from gearbest instead. also anyone have a link to buy it from somewhere?
Also got mine, the Pro HD, from Gearbest. I'm not overwhelming impressed by them. The fit is uncomfortable and loose, with poor isolation, and while the sound is pretty good, it isn't as nice as my Carbo Tenores... though it does have more bass.

Jan 12, 2017 at 12:48 AM Post #374 of 888
Also got mine, the Pro HD, from Gearbest. I'm not overwhelming impressed by them. The fit is uncomfortable and loose, with poor isolation, and while the sound is pretty good, it isn't as nice as my Carbo Tenores... though it does have more bass.

What tips are you using?

As any IEM, I feel getting a good tip is important. I'm currently on Complies to tame the sibilance abit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back