Xiaomi In-Ear Headphones Pro HD (2 +1 Hybrid)
Dec 8, 2016 at 6:27 PM Post #166 of 888

The links you gave are not working, they just bring me to the main ebay page. I've used these tips on the gen 5, they fit the bore nicely:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Newest-KZ-Eartips-3-Pairs-6pcs-L-M-S-In-Ear-Tips-Earbuds-Headphone-Silicone-Eartips/32724830222.html?spm=2114.13010308.0.0.bxURak

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-1-pair-C-set-3mm-4-9mm-Caliber-Earphone-Sponge-Comply-T200-T400-T500-tips/32484955186.html?spm=2114.13010308.0.0.tovDQp

For the foam tips, go for T400 size.

Thanks. I got 1 foam pair. And yeah I just realized the links didn't work. But I'm pretty much just looking for a triple flange that fits.

I found these, but idk if they will fit since the diameters are 3.8mm and 4mm, respectively 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/6pcs-S-M-L-3-8mm-Triple-Flange-Noise-Isolation-Earphone-Replacements-earbud-Tips-/122003177674?hash=item1c67f4c0ca:g:NlAAAOSwnNBXTwIE

http://www.ebay.com/itm/6pcs-S-M-L-Triple-Flange-Noise-Isolation-Replacements-Earbud-Tips-/331560619482?var=&hash=item4d328d8dda:m:mRsS3aLMXiTOtGuBi__w3MQ

Edit: found another one with a 5mm. If anyone wants to jump in with advice, feel free to. I don't want to wait 3 weeks just for them not to fit :/

http://www.ebay.com/itm/In-Ear-Earplug-Black-Silicone-Triple-Flange-Earbud-Ear-Buds-Eartips-10-Pcs-/311323702089

Dec 8, 2016 at 10:05 PM Post #169 of 888
So... Apparently everyone here hates the Gen 5, loves the Gen 4. And i remember exactly the same thing about Gen 4 vs Gen 3. Everyone loved Gen 3. I clearly remember everyone hating Gen 4.... What gives, guys? I'm super interested in this generation being that Gen 4 always sounded like a big, fat disappointment and was ugly to boot. These are slick, and seem to have less issues than the former generation... How's this gen stand up to G3?

Dec 9, 2016 at 6:50 AM Post #171 of 888
So... Apparently everyone here hates the Gen 5, loves the Gen 4. And i remember exactly the same thing about Gen 4 vs Gen 3. Everyone loved Gen 3. I clearly remember everyone hating Gen 4.... What gives, guys? I'm super interested in this generation being that Gen 4 always sounded like a big, fat disappointment and was ugly to boot. These are slick, and seem to have less issues than the former generation... How's this gen stand up to G3?

Well I origianlly did due the lack of bass, however now with the bass mod with closing the vent these earphones are just amazing for the price, truly enjoy them now had issues with the noise isolation and that's been solved with new tips.

Dec 9, 2016 at 5:11 PM Post #175 of 888
I got mines today.

Now, I own Piston 3, Hybrid and now Pro HD. I also have the 1More Triple Driver.

I am actually completely satisfied with the Pro HD. While I can reflect more on why people seem to be unsatisfied. But I think that the reaction doesn't have to be that dramatic.

The HD Pro is everything what people thought the successor to Piston 3 would be with dual/triple driver.

I just felt that I had to put this out there because these headphones are actually great. The bass is tight, controlled and definitely present without any mods.

Just to add my take on this whole sibilance debacle, based on all the above models that I own.

I would say the mids have a shimmer which is actually pleasant. 1More Triple is certainly louder than Pro HD, but Pro HD are lighter in weight and cheaper.

But if they both were played at 98db then I would say that the performance is similar but with that tiny bit extra sizzle and shimmer in the mids for the Pro HD with great soundstage.

Basically, Piston 3 lovers will be happy.

The Hybrids are bass heavy, which actually sounds great in noisey environments as the extra bass sorta cancels out with external noise.

I think Pro HD definitely deserve praise. They are cousins of the 1More Triple Driver.

I am even planning to sell my Piston 3, Hybrid and 1More Triple Driver as the Pro HD actually win overall as the sum of all parts.

I will write more later. But I just wanted to add that don't be overly critical of these. Just because of preferring overly rumbling bass at least.

Dec 9, 2016 at 5:55 PM Post #176 of 888
I got mines today.

Now, I own Piston 3, Hybrid and now Pro HD. I also have the 1More Triple Driver.

I am actually completely satisfied with the Pro HD. While I can reflect more on why people seem to be unsatisfied. But I think that the reaction doesn't have to be that dramatic.

The HD Pro is everything what people thought the successor to Piston 3 would be with dual/triple driver.

I just felt that I had to put this out there because these headphones are actually great. The bass is tight, controlled and definitely present without any mods.

Just to add my take on this whole sibilance debacle, based on all the above models that I own.

I would say the mids have a shimmer which is actually pleasant. 1More Triple is certainly louder than Pro HD, but Pro HD are lighter in weight and cheaper.

But if they both were played at 98db then I would say that the performance is similar but with that tiny bit extra sizzle and shimmer in the mids for the Pro HD with great soundstage.

Basically, Piston 3 lovers will be happy.

The Hybrids are bass heavy, which actually sounds great in noisey environments as the extra bass sorta cancels out with external noise.

I think Pro HD definitely deserve praise. They are cousins of the 1More Triple Driver.

I am even planning to sell my Piston 3, Hybrid and 1More Triple Driver as the Pro HD actually win overall as the sum of all parts.

I will write more later. But I just wanted to add that don't be overly critical of these. Just because of preferring overly rumbling bass at least.

How is mids?

Dec 9, 2016 at 7:08 PM Post #177 of 888
Just finished listening to them. Haven't tried the mod yet but they definitely have a worse fit than the Hybrids. I used these longer silicone tips from my RHA IEMs which are just big enough to fit perfectly on everyone's ear and it is also a couple millimeters taller, so the these plus the Hybrids made them have perfect isolation plus soundstage. Using these on the HD Pros have the same fit with just the eartip itself, mainly because they have the same bore size. But the main difference which affects how it feels and sounds a bit is how the actual IEMs themselves are shaped. They just don't feel as securely fit as the Hybrids, you can clearly feel it's floating by the eartip... I would link a cheaper option but I can only find the eartips i'm using on their page. Anyone know a taller eartip that has the same "grabby" properties as these eartips? The stock tips are really rubbish. 

Dec 9, 2016 at 7:18 PM Post #178 of 888
The mids?
well, I have been using these earphones for a few weeks now. I don't use them in noisy environments, only at home.

The best way for me to put it is all the sounds are there, the lows and the mids are definitely there, but the highs have a much stronger presence. The strong highs felt like too much at first, but after adjusting to the sound, at least IF you can adjust to the sound, the sound signature does not come together as something offensive - again IF you can adjust to the sound, just depends on your sensitivity to highs. 

I would now describe the sound as really clean. Sizzling ride cymbals on hard bop tracks sound off front and center (at the edge of too much) [Miles Davis Four] but you can still dissect the whole combo in the sound, splashes and crashes on rock tracks are obvious and detailed but again the whole band is dissectible [Keith Urban Days go By] [Rush Fly by Night].

Great purchase IMO

Dec 9, 2016 at 7:52 PM Post #179 of 888
My pair just came in from Gearbest.  Right out of the box I think these are a fantastic purchase for the price.  I paid about $25 w/ shipping.  

Stock tips are terrible, but I'm finding medium Spinfits to help with those harsh and weird veiled quality of the highs.  I think the longer nozzles on these spinfits works perfectly with these IEMS.  They're definitely on the lighter side in terms of bass but I do like what bass is there.  Because of the bass being more polite, the mids don't suffer like they did with the Piston 3s.  The highs are the highlight of the show with these spinfits by far.  

I still need to test them more but listening to Sextape by Deftones right now.  The guitar intro has a nice warm feel to it.  Once the male vocals come in you can really hear the separation between the guitars and the vocals.  Then the cymbals kick in and you can hear each of the cymbal hits clearly without anything getting muddy or messy.  Nothing is really recessed (unlike the Piston 3s) and while the presentation is fairly polite, overall these IEMs are fun and engaging.  Granted, it's not perfect but for sub $50 IEMs these perform well above their price.  

I don't think I'll bother with the stock tips anymore.  They're clearly bad.  I'm likely going to test the Spinfit L, Sony foam hybrids and various Complys.  So far though these are really fun.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back