Xiaomi In-Ear Headphones Pro HD (2 +1 Hybrid)
Dec 5, 2016 at 2:31 PM Post #136 of 888
@hoerlurar

Yes, I will. I think it's a solid in-ear but only with correct insertion depth (at least in my ears).
Doesn't reach the level of higher-end hybrid in-ears but most likely as good as it can get for a hybrid in-ear for less than 30 bucks. 

Dec 6, 2016 at 12:48 AM Post #138 of 888

@aneesimran

If the Hybrid Pro HD has too little bass for your tastes, you could close the small vent hole on the black part of the housing (using tape or clay) to experience that thundering bass. 

thoes covering that small vent changed the mids and highs clarity?

As you can see on the graph, the midrange becomes somewhat brighter but the rest of the treble remains the same.

Dec 6, 2016 at 1:43 AM Post #139 of 888
Just got these today, compared to the original Xiaomi Hybrids, I think they have much more clarity in the mids and lows. Acoustics just sound beautiful in comparison. However I'm getting very "shrieky" highs. The best way to describe it is for those of you who have used Viper for Android, when you boost the "clarity setting" too far, the audio does get clearer however peaks and outputs a static sound everytime there is a "suh" or a sound with the alphabet 'S' in it. Hurts my ears most of the time. I've been experiencing this on the Pro HD's. Anyone else having the same problem? 

Dec 6, 2016 at 2:02 AM Post #140 of 888
  Just got these today, compared to the original Xiaomi Hybrids, I think they have much more clarity in the mids and lows. Acoustics just sound beautiful in comparison. However I'm getting very "shrieky" highs. The best way to describe it is for those of you who have used Viper for Android, when you boost the "clarity setting" too far, the audio does get clearer however peaks and outputs a static sound everytime there is a "suh" or a sound with the alphabet 'S' in it. Hurts my ears most of the time. I've been experiencing this on the Pro HD's. Anyone else having the same problem? 

Some, including myself, have noticed this issue, and it's particularly noticeable when the seal isn't good.  Some methods to counter this includes putting the earbuds further in the ear canal or flipping them 180 degrees plus left and right (wearing them like shure earbuds) to get them even further in, and changing tips.

Personally I think the harsh S sounds has tapered over time somewhat, but I can't be sure if that's burn-in or just my ears getting use to it.  I don't really have problems with pop or classical music, it's only more noticeable when I listen to spoken audio podcasts.

Dec 6, 2016 at 3:55 AM Post #141 of 888
I ordered these:

Betron Silicon and Memory Foam Earbud Set https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01CD4WLHK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_hVBrybY6TG6MN

Haven't received them yet and haven't tried them before but they have really good reviews on Amazon

Thanks. Do let us know how well those work with the gen 5 hybrid.

I did experience this even after burn in. Hot treble and very sibilant. But that was with the stock tips. I found that changing to foam tips or silicone tips with a longer bore helped to lessen it.

Dec 6, 2016 at 4:53 AM Post #142 of 888
I am inserting these as far as I can, so the bass is somewhat ok (but I still prefer to EQ it), but the highs are still harsh and I think there is not much resolution in highs too. It's loosing the detail... 

Dec 6, 2016 at 10:08 AM Post #143 of 888
A lot of mixed impressions here..I still don't find the treble harsh at all it has just enough detail without going all sibilant ala Vsonic. The bass is stil rather wet but its deep and has nice impact. Overall i think its a superb cheap daily iem with a great price/quality ratio. 

Remember that the stock tips are ****. don't use them with the stock tips :)

Dec 6, 2016 at 11:41 AM Post #144 of 888
If I were to remove a single bit of sugar coating, the only improvement from from the original hybrids are the design. Xiaomi is starting to come out with really attractive designs. However, the trade off for this design change seems to have caused a sever degradation in audio quality. If you currently have the original hybrids, I would say just keep them. If your originals broke or something just buy another of the originals. This purchase has been full of disappointment for me so far. 

Dec 6, 2016 at 3:27 PM Post #145 of 888
Hi everybody, I'm italiano so Sorry if my english isn't perfect, i usually listen electronic music like Trap or edm, Are the Xiaomi piston pro balance for this type of music ? I mean that the Hybrid had too much bass and covered the High....I read the previous discussion on this forum about this earphones, but I can't decide if I would buy them or not, somebody Can help me ? Or do you have other advice for other earphones? ( i have a budget of 30 euro)

Dec 6, 2016 at 8:50 PM Post #147 of 888
  If I were to remove a single bit of sugar coating, the only improvement from from the original hybrids are the design. Xiaomi is starting to come out with really attractive designs. However, the trade off for this design change seems to have caused a sever degradation in audio quality. If you currently have the original hybrids, I would say just keep them. If your originals broke or something just buy another of the originals. This purchase has been full of disappointment for me so far. 

How so?  While there are indeed problems with the gen 5s, everyone here who has the gen 4s before (including myself) think the gen 5s, on balance, are an improvement. The bass was stronger on the gen 4s but they were more muddled.  There's also the port-block mod for the gen 5s to tune up the bass if you need more.

Hi everybody, I'm italiano so Sorry if my english isn't perfect, i usually listen electronic music like Trap or edm, Are the Xiaomi piston pro balance for this type of music ? I mean that the Hybrid had too much bass and covered the High....I read the previous discussion on this forum about this earphones, but I can't decide if I would buy them or not, somebody Can help me ? Or do you have other advice for other earphones? ( i have a budget of 30 euro)

The gen 5s have cleaner bass.  There are some issues with the "s" sounds being harsh, which may correspond to the 12-13kHz peak on the chart that @HiFiChris has kindly provided on post #132.  Some have been able to mitigate this by inserting the buds deeper into the ear, or swapping tips.  Overall the gen 5s still has a V shaped sound signature which should be suited to your music prefs.

Bottom line, for the price, these are a no brainer for me.  I have yet to come across any mainstream brands that have this sound quality at this price point.  That said, I'm buying these directly from xiaomi, and some others here have said shipping + customs costs can double the price...

Dec 7, 2016 at 2:24 AM Post #148 of 888

Bottom line, for the price, these are a no brainer for me.  I have yet to come across any mainstream brands that have this sound quality at this price point.  That said, I'm buying these directly from xiaomi, and some others here have said shipping + customs costs can double the price...

Glad to know that. Awaiting mine from GearBest currently... :)

Dec 7, 2016 at 3:09 AM Post #149 of 888
Bought mine from GearBest and paid the extra $2.10 shipping for 7-12 days. Let me tell you, it is slooooow as hell. Ordered at 11/22 and latest message was "Departed Warehouse" from 12/02, that's already 15 days, and it's still far from getting close to my state.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back