Xiaomi In-Ear Headphones Pro HD (2 +1 Hybrid)
May 6, 2017 at 1:44 AM Post #631 of 888
...they are over-priced too.

Bingo.

I'll get them whenever the patent expires & the knockoffs start showing up. Until then, I'm sure I can rough it & find some way to make due with the other dozens of choices out there (rolling eyes).

Another tip I see the same way are JVC Spiral Dots. I love 'em, but just too expensive.

Last edited:
May 6, 2017 at 11:43 AM Post #632 of 888
Well I have Spinfit...I buy do the hype and interesting design to try....M Size...i found for now that original ProHD M and L fit the best...For Spinfit no matter what i try it can fit well and bass is missing...Foam fit muddy the sound...So triple is on the way and i will see then how it will be...to buy L Spinfit or no (Maybe it will fit better)...
So I'm interesting in hole that sound goes trough fit...Spinfit is small original ProHD is bigger and left is from Sennheiser cx400II M size...
Bigger or smaller...I think bigger..
IMG_20170426_212948.jpg IMG_20170426_213109.jpg
IMG_20170426_213249.jpg

Last edited:
May 25, 2017 at 5:28 AM Post #634 of 888
I just got hold of some Pro HDs and have found them to be really nice once I worked out how to make them fit in my ears properly. At first, they were way too loose and sounded tinny as a consequence but once I realised the rear of the metal housing needed to be wedged inside the wall of my outer ear (hope that makes sense) they started to sound great with the stock tips (tried comply tips, which helped with fit but I lost too much treble with them). I'm thinking that those who experienced problems with the fit or who think they don't have enough bass might not have discovered this fact. On the other hand, I'm probably trying to teach my grandmother to suck eggs as I'm completely new here. Anyway, thanks for all the info on this thread - I doubt I would have bought them if I hadn't found such a useful resource on Head-Fi. I'm not an experienced audiophile so it's not really worth me trying to describe the sound in detail but the soundstage seems more spacious than the JVC HA-FX67 pair I was using previously and the bass seems more controlled (tighter perhaps?).

May 25, 2017 at 5:39 AM Post #635 of 888
I just got hold of some Pro HDs and have found them to be really nice once I worked out how to make them fit in my ears properly. At first, they were way too loose and sounded tinny as a consequence but once I realised the rear of the metal housing needed to be wedged inside the wall of my outer ear (hope that makes sense) they started to sound great with the stock tips (tried comply tips, which helped with fit but I lost too much treble with them). I'm thinking that those who experienced problems with the fit or who think they don't have enough bass might not have discovered this fact. On the other hand, I'm probably trying to teach my grandmother to suck eggs as I'm completely new here. Anyway, thanks for all the info on this thread - I doubt I would have bought them if I hadn't found such a useful resource on Head-Fi. I'm not an experienced audiophile so it's not really worth me trying to describe the sound in detail but the soundstage seems more spacious than the JVC HA-FX67 pair I was using previously and the bass seems more controlled (tighter perhaps?).

Good that you found a good fit. The Pro HDs work for me as well when it's fitted properly, unfortunately being normal IEMs with the wire worn down, it can move when you're walking about and would need readjusting otherwise the bass is affected.
An alternative way to make sure it always works is to do the port mod. Have a search in this thread, plenty of tutorials and pictures on how to do that.

As for soundstage, indeed the Pro HDs have a very spacious and airy soundstage that I rarely find in IEMs, very impressive.

May 25, 2017 at 7:31 AM Post #636 of 888
Good that you found a good fit. The Pro HDs work for me as well when it's fitted properly, unfortunately being normal IEMs with the wire worn down, it can move when you're walking about and would need readjusting otherwise the bass is affected.
An alternative way to make sure it always works is to do the port mod. Have a search in this thread, plenty of tutorials and pictures on how to do that.

As for soundstage, indeed the Pro HDs have a very spacious and airy soundstage that I rarely find in IEMs, very impressive.
Thank you, I might try that mod in the future. I'm keen to try some more models as well - I got a bit carried away and ordered several KZ pairs and some more Xiaomis right after I received the Pro HDs (I just bought a Cayin N3 to upgrade from my old Sansa Clip+ so I'm still in the honeymoon period as far as mobile music listening is concerned!)

May 25, 2017 at 9:33 AM Post #637 of 888
I got the Pro HD today, I found an easy way to have better fit, rotate (tilt up) the housing until you feel it fully fit. i.e. on your right ear and right hand, rotate the housing counterclockwise.
(Sorry for my terrible English.)

May 25, 2017 at 9:41 AM Post #638 of 888
I got the Pro HD today, I found an easy way to have better fit, rotate (tilt up) the housing until you feel it fully fit. i.e. on your right ear and right hand, rotate the housing counterclockwise.
(Sorry for my terrible English.)
I think that's what I did.....rotate until the cable is at about a 45-degree angle (forward from vertical) so the back of the earphone is pushing against the ear and is held firmly in place.

May 26, 2017 at 1:06 PM Post #639 of 888
Been a while now people. Mine has finally arrived after nearly a month. (Quite surprisingly, it was a short time to wait here).

My Pro HD's came decently packaged from BangGood, and they're working really well for now.

I noticed the bass (after fidgeting a bit on Poweramp's EQ) sounds really great, without making the tape-mod I heard about.

Fitting is...a bit underwhelming, to say the least. Even the Large tip it came with the phones aren't big enough to properly give that "noise isolation" sensation from the in-ears. I bought some ear-foam tips along with it, but thanks to my inexperience in this kind of stuff, the ear-foams has a really small "fit". The Pro HD's are bigger, I believe that with maybe a bit of heat and force, I might be able to fit the ear-foam tips in, but I'll need to test it after my work.

I haven't been able to fully test the in-ear's quality yet. Anyone got some track recommendations for me to test and compare to my old in-ears?

So far, I abslotely loved it. I also noticed my "box" (the plastic one) came with some quality adhesive strips (instead of some cheap-looking stuff I've seen in some unboxing videos).

The trebble is high, really high. Setting it to a flat EQ kills the bass a bit but the sound overall "quality" remains. At my normally used "V" shaped EQ, at higher volumes the trebble is still incredibly accurate and I didn't hear one band being on top of the other. (Not sure how to explain this properly, but it's when you're using a simple in-ear and the bass sometimes kills the mids and highs).

The only thing I'd say is that the Wires seems...fairly decent, but I believe they could be better. I don't think there's a need for braided wires, but the "flat" wires would look and feel much better on this.

May 26, 2017 at 3:28 PM Post #640 of 888
Been a while now people. Mine has finally arrived after nearly a month. (Quite surprisingly, it was a short time to wait here).

My Pro HD's came decently packaged from BangGood, and they're working really well for now.

I noticed the bass (after fidgeting a bit on Poweramp's EQ) sounds really great, without making the tape-mod I heard about.

Fitting is...a bit underwhelming, to say the least. Even the Large tip it came with the phones aren't big enough to properly give that "noise isolation" sensation from the in-ears. I bought some ear-foam tips along with it, but thanks to my inexperience in this kind of stuff, the ear-foams has a really small "fit". The Pro HD's are bigger, I believe that with maybe a bit of heat and force, I might be able to fit the ear-foam tips in, but I'll need to test it after my work.

I haven't been able to fully test the in-ear's quality yet. Anyone got some track recommendations for me to test and compare to my old in-ears?

So far, I abslotely loved it. I also noticed my "box" (the plastic one) came with some quality adhesive strips (instead of some cheap-looking stuff I've seen in some unboxing videos).

The trebble is high, really high. Setting it to a flat EQ kills the bass a bit but the sound overall "quality" remains. At my normally used "V" shaped EQ, at higher volumes the trebble is still incredibly accurate and I didn't hear one band being on top of the other. (Not sure how to explain this properly, but it's when you're using a simple in-ear and the bass sometimes kills the mids and highs).

The only thing I'd say is that the Wires seems...fairly decent, but I believe they could be better. I don't think there's a need for braided wires, but the "flat" wires would look and feel much better on this.
Keep eq flat and try tape mod, sounds good with both foam and silicon tips.
Glad you're enjoying them. I quite like them too.

May 26, 2017 at 3:48 PM Post #641 of 888
For best fitment and sound, switch the R & L sides (ie wear R on left side and L on right side) and point them straight UP, running the cable over and behind the ear.

Makes a huge difference, because it allows a deep insertion and better comfort.

May 26, 2017 at 3:52 PM Post #642 of 888
Keep eq flat and try tape mod, sounds good with both foam and silicon tips.
Glad you're enjoying them. I quite like them too.

I'll try to work that out once I get home. I don't really have any decent stuff to try taping it here on the office. Would an electrical tape from 3M do the job well?

For best fitment and sound, switch the R & L sides (ie wear R on left side and L on right side) and point them straight UP, running the cable over and behind the ear.

Makes a huge difference, because it allows a deep insertion and better comfort.

Will soon try that! Thanks for the tip!

May 26, 2017 at 4:31 PM Post #643 of 888
I'll try to work that out once I get home. I don't really have any decent stuff to try taping it here on the office. Would an electrical tape from 3M do the job well?!

Electrical tape will leave a gooey residue, so I wouldn't use it (same with Duct tape). You can use just about anything else though - masking tape, scotch (cello) tape, blue painter's tape, green frog tape, 'aluminum foil' HVAC tape, or even kapton/polyamide tape.

Will soon try that! Thanks for the tip!

Sure, no problem. Let us know how it works out for you.

Last edited:
May 27, 2017 at 12:08 AM Post #644 of 888
Electrical tape will leave a gooey residue, so I wouldn't use it (same with Duct tape). You can use just about anything else though - masking tape, scotch (cello) tape, blue painter's tape, green frog tape, 'aluminum foil' HVAC tape, or even kapton/polyamide tape.

Thanks for the help! I went to a walmart here and found some "Masking Tape", my best guess. It's the adhesive tape that feels like paper (It has a different name here I suppose)... Anyways, I managed to work out and close the vent on the earphones: http://imgur.com/a/S1G3r

The sound improved a lot... I'm beyond amazed that I managed to find in-ears that I didn't need to fiddle with the EQ to find a comfortable listening experience.

I have a concern though, one of the driver's diafragm (on both sides) sometimes makes crackling noises (only when removing/putting the in-ears), I figure this happens due to the tape mod, but could this damage one of the drivers? (Probably the low freq one)

Other than that, I'm really happy with the purchase. I actually began noticing stuff in music I never heard before... one of them kinda creeped me out Riders on The Storm by Snoop Dogg... or the remix he did of the original track, he actually whispers what the other guy from The Doors is singing... (But again, just proves my point I said about a month ago, I've never had great earphones or so on..)

Also kinda noticed my left ear might have some hearing loss...but well xD

Thanks to everyone in the community, keeping this up and helping other people. This was a great purchase and I'd sure get another one of these.

Last edited:
May 27, 2017 at 12:35 AM Post #645 of 888
That's called driver flex. Technically it's a manufacturing defect, and is reported to reduce the life of the driver slightly. A few of my earphones have flex in 1 ear. It's never really caused a problem other than the annoying krinkly aluminum foil sound when inserting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back