Xiaomi In-Ear Headphones Pro HD (2 +1 Hybrid)
Apr 16, 2017 at 4:21 PM Post #601 of 888
Guys you probably misunderstood what I wrote, I wasn't referring to the 2nd gen hybrids regarding QC, I was talking about that other IEMs, the expensive Romanian ones.

Anyways, the things I don't like about the current gen hybrids are the trivial ones like 'harsh highs', 'don't fit', 'no bass' and the whole 'not working OK out of the box' thing which bothers me greatly since I am kinda cheap myself and need the thing to actually work and not immediately look for mods and go search for new tips from day one.

Nothing to do with QC, I agree with you on that one, this specific IEM imho is lacking severely in the design and pre-production testing stage already, once it got to the production line it was too late. Not sure if this was done on purpose or not, you know, 1More selling a similar model at a considerably higher price, which model I tend to suspect works fine right out of the box.

I hope the next gen Xiaomis will be OK, I mean out of the box OK, no mods, not go searching to buy extra stuff etc.

As to the Romanian IEMs, these look like they are very OK out of the box, much like every device needs to be when you pay your money for it, but the Romanian IEMs are looking like they have some semi-serious QC issues.

Just my 2c.

Apr 16, 2017 at 7:02 PM Post #602 of 888
  Guys you probably misunderstood what I wrote, I wasn't referring to the 2nd gen hybrids regarding QC, I was talking about that other IEMs, the expensive Romanian ones.

Just my 2c.

Yeah, I see what you're saying.

It is disappointing when a company releases a half-baked product.

I personally believe it has a lot to do with 1More making both their own stuff AND Xiaomi's.

I mean, when you manufacture 2 almost identical products, yet 1 costs 75% less than the other - those cost savings HAVE to come from somewhere, right?

Apr 17, 2017 at 5:11 AM Post #604 of 888
  I just ordered a new pair of Pro HD on Gearbest, hope they won't be broken right out of the box this time.

Thank you for your trust, actually, we are open here to discuss details of our products with you all, if you do encounter with some tough products from our sites, please feel free by PM me, I will help you to find ways out instead of replacement and refund only. Actually, we really need more voices from you, hope further better some for you all, thanks.

Apr 17, 2017 at 5:24 AM Post #605 of 888

Thank you for your trust, actually, we are open here to discuss details of our products with you all, if you do encounter with some tough products from our sites, please feel free by PM me, I will help you to find ways out instead of replacement and refund only. Actually, we really need more voices from you, hope further better some for you all, thanks.

Thanks for giving us reassurance that Gearbest stands behind the products it sells, George! 

Apr 17, 2017 at 6:16 AM Post #606 of 888

Thanks George :)

Apr 17, 2017 at 6:23 AM Post #607 of 888

Thanks for giving us reassurance that Gearbest stands behind the products it sells, George! 

Our great pleasure to better our sales and service. Actually, you inspired me: I wanna open a new thread about Gearbest problems collection, all order problems, products discussion will be opened to the public and any comments will be highly appreciated. And then please have your check from: http://www.head-fi.org/gearbest

Apr 17, 2017 at 7:29 PM Post #608 of 888
Our great pleasure to better our sales and service. Actually, you inspired me: I wanna open a new thread about Gearbest problems collection, all order problems, products discussion will be opened to the public and any comments will be highly appreciated. And then please have your check from: http://www.head-fi.org/gearbest

Sounds like a great idea to me George! I'm sure the Admins wouldn't have a problem with it.

I've personally bought thousands and thousands of dollars worth of products from Gearbest. Everything from headphones to tablets, and everything in between! And many products are often available from the US warehouse, where shipping only takes a few days!

To others reading this - see this honesty and transparency? You don't find this in many Chinese sellers, especially when combined with their low prices and great selection. This is the exact reason why as time goes on, I find myself buying more and more products from Gearbest, and less and less from other eshopping sites (Amazon, eBay, aliexpress, etc). Gearbest customer service is easier to deal with (the few times I've needed it) than the mighty Amazon - who would have thought?

Apr 28, 2017 at 7:21 PM Post #609 of 888
Been using my LG G4's headphones for a long while now (I don't even have the phone anymore, been robbed at gunpoint). And I just bought those Hybrid Pro HD's off gearbest at a good deal. It will probably take about a month or two for it to arrive in my hands as things are where I live, but I can't wait for them.

Apr 29, 2017 at 12:40 AM Post #611 of 888
Nope. You pretty much cannot defend yourself here, which is sad...

Well, considering how importing stuff usually takes a reaaallly long time here, I might come back with an update to this in about... 1 or 2 months, that's if things go well.

I also got some foam earpads to pair with them, hoping the foams I got from BG will fit well.

May 1, 2017 at 12:30 AM Post #612 of 888
That's really unfortunate to hear. Sad, like you said. Criminals don't care - they can still get guns no problem. It's law abiding-citizens who suffer from restrictive gun control laws.

Anyways, I don't want to get off-topic with my personal views on non-audio related topics. So I'll end with be sure to come back and update us when they arrive. And once they come, if they're too bright and/or sibilant for your tastes, there's a couple ways to tone down the treble.

May 1, 2017 at 6:37 PM Post #613 of 888
Hello guys,
I also had a problem with the right side of my Hybrid pro bought at Gearbest. Some frequencies just don't sound.
You can check the issue in the following video:

I have asked Gearbest for a replacement, but I am afraid this could be a common problem and the new ones could be broken as well.

May 2, 2017 at 1:37 AM Post #614 of 888
That's clearly one of the drivers on the headphone not working, more precisely the treble one. Sad thing, but happens a lot during common shipping and sometimes production failures. 3 years ago I got myself a pair of Sony in-ears and I noticed straight away one of the sides would sound "crunchy" when sub-bass kicked in. Thought a good burn in would fix it but after 2 days that side simply stopped working. To make things worse, it was the last piece the store had and it never went to production again. It was one of these https://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR-XB21EX-Headphones-Discontinued-Manufacturer/dp/B005FVDT4I

I never had "premium" sound experience with expensive earphones or anything at all, I'm used to the common "high bass, low mids and high treble" stuff. If they don't suit my needs, I just use the built-in EQ on Poweramp to my tastes.

On a side note, I really hope those can deliver good bass/sub-bass at low to mid volumes at least.

I also got mine from Banggood, so, no clue if there will be a difference in storage, shipment or overall quality than the ones from gearbest.

May 3, 2017 at 1:02 AM Post #615 of 888
Put a small tape on a vent next to the nozzle and you get a nice upgrade on its anemic bass. Big sub-woofer-like bass. It's more bass quantity than the hybrid pro, piston mkII, and 1More triple.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back