Xiaomi In-Ear Headphones Pro HD (2 +1 Hybrid)
Jan 6, 2017 at 6:24 PM Post #347 of 888
Can they be used some more then the Comply ones?Somewhere on this forum i read that the Comply can be used to a certain point.Dont remember how many times was given.

The Spinfit are made of silicon which should last relatively longer whereas Comply usually has about couple of months of lifespan, if not shorter, under daily usage. (in my experience).

Jan 7, 2017 at 11:23 AM Post #348 of 888
The Spinfit are made of silicon which should last relatively longer whereas Comply usually has about couple of months of lifespan, if not shorter, under daily usage. (in my experience).

Good to know,thnx!Maybe its something to try out soon
normal_smile .gif

Jan 8, 2017 at 9:33 AM Post #349 of 888
Camping for review

After few days listening to pro hd, these are my finding so far compared to dunu dn900. These two are hybrid which pro hd is 2 D + 1 BA while dn900 is 1 D + 1 BA, the sound is quite similar at first.

I'm using SpinFit tips on both iem and music played through fiio q1 as a dac&amp.

First thing i noticed that dn900 is louder, since its more sensitive than pro hd and its impedance is lower (16 vs 32).

The bass on dn900 is faster and pro hd is like more boomy. Mids & high dn900 is clearer/cleaner than the pro hd which at first quite harsh. I didn't do any burn in for the pro hd, only playing random songs on my playlist while dn900 is already about 1year+.

Jan 8, 2017 at 2:21 PM Post #351 of 888
hi every body, within this week I'll receive my Xiaomi In-Ear Headphones Pro HD from gearbest ( hoping that everything work well), i read a lot of message that the in ear headphones need the burn-in, so my question is: Is there a specific app to make the burn -in or is enough listen music at low volume?
And how long the burn should last?

Jan 8, 2017 at 3:12 PM Post #352 of 888
  No worries, they'll probably get it right next time (next gen).

I would doubt a bit about that, it seems that they are tuning their headphones to be warmer and more appealing to the general population (as can be seen from the jump in sound sig from the Piston 3 to the Bass heavy Hybrids)

Jan 8, 2017 at 8:33 PM Post #353 of 888
  hi every body, within this week I'll receive my Xiaomi In-Ear Headphones Pro HD from gearbest ( hoping that everything work well), i read a lot of message that the in ear headphones need the burn-in, so my question is: Is there a specific app to make the burn -in or is enough listen music at low volume?
And how long the burn should last?

Listening to your usual music at normal volumes is sufficient, but this takes time.  If you want to speed things up, there's a 1more app in the playstore that helps you automate burn in, very useful. 1more actually makes the xiaomi IEMs since piston 1.

IEMs with BAs don't really need burn in as the components are so small.  DDs (which the xiaomi gen 5 has 2 of) can benefit from a few hours to a day or so.

Jan 8, 2017 at 8:57 PM Post #354 of 888
After few days listening to pro hd, these are my finding so far compared to dunu dn900. These two are hybrid which pro hd is 2 D + 1 BA while dn900 is 1 D + 1 BA, the sound is quite similar at first.

I'm using SpinFit tips on both iem and music played through fiio q1 as a dac&.

First thing i noticed that dn900 is louder, since its more sensitive than pro hd and its impedance is lower (16 vs 32).

The bass on dn900 is faster and pro hd is like more boomy. Mids & high dn900 is clearer/cleaner than the pro hd which at first quite harsh. I didn't do any burn in for the pro hd, only playing random songs on my playlist while dn900 is already about 1year+.

Thanks for the review

but I guess a $20 vs a $11x iem, the Xiaomi is erally VFM

Jan 9, 2017 at 7:02 AM Post #356 of 888
Listening to your usual music at normal volumes is sufficient, but this takes time.  If you want to speed things up, there's a 1more app in the playstore that helps you automate burn in, very useful. 1more actually makes the xiaomi IEMs since piston 1.

IEMs with BAs don't really need burn in as the components are so small.  DDs (which the xiaomi gen 5 has 2 of) can benefit from a few hours to a day or so.

OK, I downloaded the app, and I saw that the time of the first step lasts 12 hours.... When I should do some rest? (i image that I can't play the app for 12 hours otherwise my headphones will explode ahaha)

Jan 9, 2017 at 9:14 AM Post #357 of 888
OK, I downloaded the app, and I saw that the time of the first step lasts 12 hours.... When I should do some rest? (i image that I can't play the app for 12 hours otherwise my headphones will explode ahaha)

You can let it run overnight, or pause it anytime and continue later.  Use normal listening volumes, and no your headphones won't explode.

Jan 9, 2017 at 12:36 PM Post #358 of 888
Got mine recently, find it a little sibilant considering my preference is leaning on the bright side. Some tracks tends to be piercing so had to tone down the volume a bit. Hope that the highs would be tamed after burn in

Jan 9, 2017 at 5:58 PM Post #359 of 888
Got mine recently, find it a little sibilant considering my preference is leaning on the bright side. Some tracks tends to be piercing so had to tone down the volume a bit. Hope that the highs would be tamed after burn in

Break in and tip swapping made that all go away for me. Break in seems needed and the stock tips are horrible. I've settled on spiral dots for mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back