Xiaomi Hybrid IEM Thread (Piston successor)
Nov 5, 2015 at 10:34 AM Post #31 of 856

I'm quite surprised that they released a new version of this so soon after the march release of pistons 3.0. 
  I know a lot of people are just getting their 3.0s and are still testing it out.

And now with the newest version they've changed so much it feels like yet another brand new product. 

Are you guys excited about these new pistons ?

Well, looks like they really are here. XD nice timing on Xiaomi's part with the 11/11 release (as in the PRC 11/11 signifies a TON of sales and discounts left and right). However, why is everybody calling them the Pistons 4.0? Just at first glance you can tell they aren't the Pistons with their single dynamic driver design. That, and Xiaomi did not name it the Pistons, hence it is a completely separate product on its own. Additionally, note how they're being released so quickly after the Pistons 3.0. With no evidence supporting that this new IEM is a Pistons IEM, obviously this is a separate product. There's no doubt about that.

Edit: ON that note, I'd like to simply call it the Hybrid IEM, seeing as that's how the original Chinese name goes.

cool.gif
On the IbuyGou website it IS being called:  Xiaomi Piston Iron Dual Audio Driver Edition

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Nov 5, 2015 at 10:49 AM Post #32 of 856

cool.gif
On the IbuyGou website it IS being called:  Xiaomi Piston Iron Dual Audio Driver Edition

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

...iBuyGou is not Xiaomi. And you can obviously tell from the official page of the hybrid (www.mi.com/quantie/) that there is absolutely no mention or evidence of any relation to the Pistons whatsoever.

EDIT: And to add to my ever-mounting evidence-backed arguments, another third-party seller (http://www.gearbest.com/m-goods-id-261864.htm?islan=1) label them as the "Original Xiaomi Hybrid Dual Drivers Earphones In-Ear Headphones". And again, if you translate the original page, you see nothing that says Pistons on it. Seriously. You can try it yourself.

Nov 5, 2015 at 12:26 PM Post #33 of 856
  ...iBuyGou is not Xiaomi. And you can obviously tell from the official page of the hybrid (www.mi.com/quantie/) that there is absolutely no mention or evidence of any relation to the Pistons whatsoever.

EDIT: And to add to my ever-mounting evidence-backed arguments, another third-party seller (http://www.gearbest.com/m-goods-id-261864.htm?islan=1) label them as the "Original Xiaomi Hybrid Dual Drivers Earphones In-Ear Headphones". And again, if you translate the original page, you see nothing that says Pistons on it. Seriously. You can try it yourself.

cool.gif
Beatsguy, as I don't read Asian of any kind, are these Third Party Phones Xiaomi Brand at all? Or are they copies?

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Nov 5, 2015 at 6:19 PM Post #34 of 856

cool.gif
Beatsguy, as I don't read Asian of any kind, are these Third Party Phones Xiaomi Brand at all? Or are they copies?

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

I don't know if you're feigning ignorance or outright idiocy, but as far as I can see from here, I don't think I have any obligation to explain or prove anything beyond what I have already stated and what has already been stated in the first post. Since you really want some sort of confirmation behind the true name of this "Pistons 4.0," why don't you read the first post and see what the translation has to say about it? 
wink.gif

Nov 5, 2015 at 7:24 PM Post #35 of 856
cool.gif
Beatsguy, I'm NOT asking you to PROVE anything. Simple Fact is the Translator isn't working for some reason on the links (maybe a windows 10 gliche) and I'd just like to know if they are real or not as I don't read Asian languages. I DON'T CARE IF THEY ARE PISTONS OR NOT, I just want to know if they are Xiaomi Brand. I've purchased them anyways.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Nov 5, 2015 at 7:33 PM Post #36 of 856

cool.gif
Beatsguy, I'm NOT asking you to PROVE anything. Simple Fact is the Translator isn't working for some reason on the links (maybe a windows 10 gliche) and I'd just like to know if they are real or not as I don't read Asian languages. I DON'T CARE IF THEY ARE PISTONS OR NOT, I just want to know if they are Xiaomi Brand. I've purchased them anyways.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Well, can't you see the images nonetheless?

Nov 5, 2015 at 7:42 PM Post #37 of 856
cool.gif
Yes I can see the images. They don't tell me what Brand they are though, well they probably do, But I can't read it.

Thanx for your help anyways. I'll just have to wait and see what they sound like. After all, that is what's important regardless of branding. I was just curious, I wasn't disputing whether or not you were correct. Please pardon me if I appeared to come off that way.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Nov 5, 2015 at 8:50 PM Post #38 of 856
Subbed.

Gearbest has the best price and fastest shipping option for those of us in the US. 3-7 day ePacket USPS shipping option for $2 extra... $22 total.

No one really bought into the Piston 2's at first when I was gushing over them, but then they started catching on. The 3's were an upgrade, but they didn't really sound or look engaging. I have high hopes for the hybrids. It can introduce many people to hybrids at an affordable cost.

Nov 5, 2015 at 9:57 PM Post #39 of 856
  Subbed.

Gearbest has the best price and fastest shipping option for those of us in the US. 3-7 day ePacket USPS shipping option for $2 extra... $22 total.

Can confirm. They do have excellent shipping. 

No one really bought into the Piston 2's at first when I was gushing over them, but then they started catching on. The 3's were an upgrade, but they didn't really sound or look engaging. I have high hopes for the hybrids. It can introduce many people to hybrids at an affordable cost.

Didn't they catch on after the reviews came in?

Nov 5, 2015 at 10:21 PM Post #40 of 856
The Gearbest description states 1DD + 2BAs. However, if I read the OP correctly, it should be 1DD + 1BA. Correct?

Nov 5, 2015 at 11:00 PM Post #42 of 856
  Subbed.

as usual canada gets shafted in terms of shipping, we have either slow boat or 20 dollars for standard. Guess I will cut out the middle man and just buy it from xiaomi (with help of friend) for 16 USD and use e-packet to send it to canada. win win 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back