XENNS (previously known as Mangird) Impressions Thread
Jun 17, 2020 at 8:36 PM Post #76 of 914
Thanks for your input. I listen to a lot of distorted bright guitar, as I'm mostly a prog/metalhead, but I'm into many music genre that use clean strings, such as jazz, classic, blues, flamenco and etc. So, for the price do you think the Blessing can be one of the bests an allrounder? What's is it that you don't like, the timble/tonality? What do you listen to (just so I can hae an idea/reference). I have the Blon-03 and like it's tonality (aside from the bass quantity). If you have it and can use as reference for comparison would be nice.

Also I play guitar too, but I don't intend to use the B2 as a monitor, for the moment.
PS: Really liked the second song you mentioned. That was a nice find, thanks :L3000:

I'm afraid it's not the best all rounder; doesn't mean it's not a bad iem per se, but due to its tuning, the blessing 2 as I've reported (Moondrop thread) is picky on recording and style. Tbph, I knew it was a gamble purchase (Semi-retired from this hobby) it's a curiosity purchase really. Tricky tonality may lead to bad timbre ime. Too much emphasis on 3k shout and not enough below it. I'm really not impressed the way trumpets are in my face (will upright bass can disappear sometimes if not most of the time) but distant violins gain more presence in large scale recordings, with the subbass sweeps swell every now and then.

Tricky iem... it has some good points but I'm partly disappointed on their decision because it would have been really really good. I'm gonna medical tape mod this and give more appropriate feedback.

Ot aside, I'm gonna look for the graph on this Tea iem... it sounds promising from what I've read.

My personal library is eclectic and obscure compared to popular, includes Dir-en-Grey, AsBloodRunsBlack (first album) -- Death Metal?
Meshuggah and Metallica-- tonality sounds off
Jucifer and Electric Wizard -- yet to try

Stuff I listen to often:
King Crimson -- fond of the Wetton/Brufford Era
Yes- Close to Edge (Progeny Live is MAD INTENSE)
Tanya Tagaq - Animism (could have been a metal singer easy) --artsy, ambient and an imaging treat.

Nina Simone, Trilok Gurtu, John Zorn.

Ron Sexsmith because I need my mellow songwriting.

That's all for now.

Going back to the Bill Frisell tune, I swear his tube amp/rig comes out alive with the B2. But yeah, I'm not sure I'd use these live myself...

Jun 18, 2020 at 9:09 AM Post #77 of 914
Jun 18, 2020 at 10:06 AM Post #80 of 914
I have them on order, should get them next week. I will post my impressions. Unfortunately, not owned many IEMs so my comparisons will be limited, but then again I know what I like... :)

And here are my impressions of Mangirds, if anyone cares for a read. I've had these now for a good few days, hours of listening at a time. The build quality and fit is great and they are beautiful. Both cable and tips are fantastic and I am actually using the stock silicone tips because I find them to be the best (I went through my whole collection). They have a narrower bore, which works well with these to tame the treble, which I seem to be otherwise a little sensitive to (I always go with spiral dots, but not this time; I can also see final type Es working well here if stock is too wide for someone) - it must be that post-2k spike. Once this is in place, the sound is fairly balanced to my ears, nothing stands out, so I wouldn't recommend getting them if you are looking for anything in particular e.g. that special bass response. Speaking of which, they do have a really nice slam to sub-bass, which is always surprising. Whenever I think they are a little bass-light (they are certainly not), there comes the slam and I am reminded of their capabilities. In that sense, they extend very well in both directions and that is probably their best quality. They are definitely u-shaped but I really like the mids on these, I think they are placed correctly and tonality is very pleasant and musical.

I think maybe the best description for them would be that if they were tuned to perfect neutrality, they would sit in the sweet spot between being analytical and musical. Being tuned the way they are, they are more engaging and very well extended in both bass and treble. I really like them and found use for them when discovering new music; I get both the detail and musicality - a sort of jack of all trades.

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2020 at 9:02 PM Post #81 of 914
And here are my impressions of Mangirds, if anyone cares for a read. I've had these now for a good few days, hours of listening at a time. The build quality and fit is great and they are beautiful. Both cable and tips are fantastic and I am actually using the stock silicone tips because I find them to be the best (I went through my whole collection). They have a narrower bore, which works well with these to tame the treble, which I seem to be otherwise a little sensitive to (I always go with spiral dots, but not this time; I can also see final type Es working well here if stock is too wide for someone) - it must be that post-2k spike. Once this is in place, the sound is fairly balanced to my ears, nothing stands out, so I wouldn't recommend getting them if you are looking for anything in particular e.g. that special bass response. Speaking of which, they do have a really nice slam to sub-bass, which is always surprising. Whenever I think they are a little bass-light (they are certainly not), there comes the slam and I am reminded of their capabilities. In that sense, they extend very well in both directions and that is probably their best quality. They are definitely u-shaped but I really like the mids on these, I think they are placed correctly and tonality is very pleasant and musical.

I think maybe the best description for them would be that if they were tuned to perfect neutrality, they would sit in the sweet spot between being analytical and musical. Being tuned the way they are, they are more engaging and very well extended in both bass and treble. I really like them and found use for them when discovering new music; I get both the detail and musicality - a sort of jack of all trades.
Thanks for impressions. Can’t wait to get them, but will have to. Probably won’t get them till some time in August.

Jun 19, 2020 at 8:48 AM Post #82 of 914
Thanks for impressions. Can’t wait to get them, but will have to. Probably won’t get them till some time in August.
Have you already ordered them?

Jun 19, 2020 at 7:25 PM Post #83 of 914
Jun 20, 2020 at 12:28 PM Post #84 of 914
I'm afraid it's not the best all rounder; doesn't mean it's not a bad iem per se, but due to its tuning, the blessing 2 as I've reported (Moondrop thread) is picky on recording and style. Tbph, I knew it was a gamble purchase (Semi-retired from this hobby) it's a curiosity purchase really. Tricky tonality may lead to bad timbre ime. Too much emphasis on 3k shout and not enough below it. I'm really not impressed the way trumpets are in my face (will upright bass can disappear sometimes if not most of the time) but distant violins gain more presence in large scale recordings, with the subbass sweeps swell every now and then.

Tricky iem... it has some good points but I'm partly disappointed on their decision because it would have been really really good. I'm gonna medical tape mod this and give more appropriate feedback.

Ot aside, I'm gonna look for the graph on this Tea iem... it sounds promising from what I've read.

My personal library is eclectic and obscure compared to popular, includes Dir-en-Grey, AsBloodRunsBlack (first album) -- Death Metal?
Meshuggah and Metallica-- tonality sounds off
Jucifer and Electric Wizard -- yet to try

Stuff I listen to often:
King Crimson -- fond of the Wetton/Brufford Era
Yes- Close to Edge (Progeny Live is MAD INTENSE)
Tanya Tagaq - Animism (could have been a metal singer easy) --artsy, ambient and an imaging treat.

Nina Simone, Trilok Gurtu, John Zorn.

Ron Sexsmith because I need my mellow songwriting.

That's all for now.

Going back to the Bill Frisell tune, I swear his tube amp/rig comes out alive with the B2. But yeah, I'm not sure I'd use these live myself...
Thanks for your impressions, 1TrickPony. I decided to wait a little longer and look more into other options. I listen to some of the stuff you named, such as DeG, Metallica, Meshuggah, Yes, Nina Simone... And that is something I have to look carefully.

Having the Tea as an alternative at the same price seems to be a good thing. And another source of frequency graph other than bggar would be nice, since yorosello here thought the bass to bleed on mids and treble to show more energy than B2, which bggar tells and shows us otherwise with his graph and comparative review.

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2020 at 7:51 PM Post #85 of 914
I just received my unit today, and I think I might have received a faulty unit as there is almost no bass at all...definitely not like what BGGAR's graph.....I think I'm gonna have contact linsoul about this....hopefully this is an isolated case.

Jun 20, 2020 at 8:07 PM Post #86 of 914
I just received my unit today, and I think I might have received a faulty unit as there is almost no bass at all...definitely not like what BGGAR's graph.....I think I'm gonna have contact linsoul about this....hopefully this is an isolated case.

It took some time for me to start noticing bass on these. My initial impression was: is that it? (don't expect them to become BLON03 though, they never will but we don't need another BLON!). Since then the bass opened up A LOT and the whole sound as well (although bass the most). I am enjoying them more and more and only now I can say that I really love them as they are incredibly capable in just about every aspect that we talk about here. I am not a great believer of burn in, and if I was I would say it is more a 'getting used to' kind of thing than actual physical burn in of internal components. However, the sound on these changed a lot more than any other set I've owned so something is up with that. I am sure you've tried but try narrower-bore tips on those, the stock ones are very good and a perfect match, to my ear.

Another thing - the general fit. It took me some time to figure it out but for me what works is a) make sure the insertion is actually not too deep, just enough for the tips to seal and earphones to hold their place and b) when they are in, I press in the top part of the shell towards the ears as a finishing touch. This I think helps create a better seal and 'angles' them correctly, at least for me. When I do this, they just disappear in my ears, which is another first for me - I don't feel them almost at all and the sound is magically appearing in my ears - great experience. Main thing, though, is that this gives me the best sound I have heard. So, they need some work, give them a few days or a week, play around, get used to them and see. It might be that it is a faulty unit but your impression seems to align with my first one I had, hence posting this.

Jun 20, 2020 at 8:20 PM Post #87 of 914
I wouldn’t be surprised at all if the bass from the dynamic driver improves after breaking in the driver.

You guys are getting them pretty quick. I’m sure I’m gonna regret getting them from Drop instead of Linsoul, with free express shipping. It’s just that if something goes wrong, I’d rather deal with Drop.

Jun 20, 2020 at 8:29 PM Post #88 of 914
It took some time for me to start noticing bass on these. My initial impression was: is that it? (don't expect them to become BLON03 though, they never will but we don't need another BLON!). Since then the bass opened up A LOT and the whole sound as well (although bass the most). I am enjoying them more and more and only now I can say that I really love them as they are incredibly capable in just about every aspect that we talk about here. I am not a great believer of burn in, and if I was I would say it is more a 'getting used to' kind of thing than actual physical burn in of internal components. However, the sound on these changed a lot more than any other set I've owned so something is up with that. I am sure you've tried but try narrower-bore tips on those, the stock ones are very good and a perfect match, to my ear.

Another thing - the general fit. It took me some time to figure it out but for me what works is a) make sure the insertion is actually not too deep, just enough for the tips to seal and earphones to hold their place and b) when they are in, I press in the top part of the shell towards the ears as a finishing touch. This I think helps create a better seal and 'angles' them correctly, at least for me. When I do this, they just disappear in my ears, which is another first for me - I don't feel them almost at all and the sound is magically appearing in my ears - great experience. Main thing, though, is that this gives me the best sound I have heard. So, they need some work, give them a few days or a week, play around, get used to them and see. It might be that it is a faulty unit but your impression seems to align with my first one I had, hence posting this.
I have iems with pretty light bass like the FDX1, so I didn't expect them to have a tone of bass right away, the things is the entire sub-bass section feels missing, thus it sounds shouty in the mids and very bright up top, I'm gonna change cables & tips, and burn in some more to see if that makes a difference.

Jun 20, 2020 at 8:35 PM Post #89 of 914
I wouldn’t be surprised at all if the bass from the dynamic driver improves after breaking in the driver.

You guys are getting them pretty quick. I’m sure I’m gonna regret getting them from Drop instead of Linsoul, with free express shipping. It’s just that if something goes wrong, I’d rather deal with Drop.
Well I got a pretty big discount with the half off gift cards and the 618 code, so can't complain too much.

Jun 20, 2020 at 8:39 PM Post #90 of 914
I have iems with pretty light bass like the FDX1, so I didn't expect them to have a tone of bass right away, the things is the entire sub-bass section feels missing, thus it sounds shouty in the mids and very bright up top, I'm gonna change cables & tips, and burn in some more to see if that makes a difference.
:fingers_crossed: Hope it works out well for you in time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back