XENNS (previously known as Mangird) Impressions Thread
Jun 11, 2020 at 2:03 PM Post #47 of 914
The graph shows us that it can extend well, but the concern is that it takes the back seat to high-mids and other frequencies.
Exactly. Based on BGGARs graph, the treble extends far, and quite linearly (I know itā€™s very wavy). The center of the treble fluctuations is right at the baseline, where the mids are. The upper mids are boosted for pinna gain, and the bass is boosted for fun!

Jun 13, 2020 at 3:30 PM Post #49 of 914
Courtesy of BGGAR/Hawaiibadboy

172B6B06-246D-4418-AD9B-76645145E2F5.png

This is the review that turned me on to them!

I had no idea youā€™d started a thread.

Jun 13, 2020 at 3:59 PM Post #50 of 914
This is the review that turned me on to them!

I had no idea youā€™d started a thread.
You may be one of the first to give your impressions on the Tea.

Jun 13, 2020 at 4:25 PM Post #51 of 914
You may be one of the first to give your impressions on the Tea.
I donā€™t know. I ordered it with the 2.5mm balanced cable straight from Linsoul. When I looked it up on Amazon, it estimated it would arrive August 4th at the earliest.

Jun 14, 2020 at 6:18 AM Post #52 of 914
Any idea what size nozzles and/or tips will fit these?

Weirdly, I still donā€™t have my Symbiotips.

Jun 14, 2020 at 6:30 AM Post #53 of 914
Got the Mangrid Tea, borrowed them from my friend. They performed pretty closely to the Moondrop Blessing 2 but had slightly inferior technicalities.

Bass: The Tea has more subbass quantity and better texture than B2 but a tad slower in speed, longer decay and little bleed to the mids. The bass on B2 also has a tad more body than in Mangird.
Mids: Vocal on Mangird is more forward/in your face contrasting the B2 that are more laid back. Mangird vocal also feel slightly veiled due to the bass bleed, and since it's more forward, female vocal can sound harsher and shouty.
Treble: Mangird have more and better extended treble than the B2, which make them feels pretty airer. Cymbals & hats also feels a bit clearer and crispier but maybe a bit harsh for my taste.

Soundstage & Staging: Have above average height but average in width and depth. Plus with the more foward vocal, the soundstage feels more intimate than B2. B2 feels more open and out of head.
Resolution & Seperation: Resolution is still better on B2 since it has no bass bleed and better depth on the imaging. On Mangird, some instruments does get a little mixed up sometimes.

But overall they are really a very competent iem for the price and can be a cheaper with slightly inferior technicalities alternative for the Blessing 2.

20200614_115102.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2020 at 6:35 AM Post #55 of 914
It's pretty normal size nozzle, about 4.4mm roughly, i think.
Would the AZLA SednaEarFit work?

Which ā€œB2ā€? Final Audio B2 or Moondrop Blessing 2?

Jun 14, 2020 at 6:38 AM Post #56 of 914
Would the AZLA SednaEarFit work?

Which ā€œB2ā€? Final Audio B2 or Moondrop Blessing 2?
Azla will definitely fit, but mind the nozzle don't have lips, so it might slip.

Yes, Moondrop Blessing 2.

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2020 at 7:00 AM Post #57 of 914
Bass: The Tea has more subbass quantity and better texture than B2 but a tad slower in speed, longer decay and little bleed to the mids. The bass on B2 also has a tad more body than in Mangird.
Mids: Vocal on Mangird is more forward/in your face contrasting the B2 that are more laid back and slightly feel veiled due to the bass bleed. Since it's more forward, female vocal can sound harsher and shouty.

But overall they are really a very competent iem for the price and can be a cheaper with slightly inferior technicalities alternative for the Blessing 2.
Thanks for the comparison!

Just for clarification, did the Mangird have bass that bleeds into the mids, or did the Blessing 2 have it? Which oneā€˜s mids sounded slightly veiled? Iā€™m kind of surprised that the B2 had more body in the mids and that the Tea had shoutier upper mids.

This is completely subjective, but which do you like the sound of more?

Jun 14, 2020 at 7:14 AM Post #58 of 914

Just for clarification, did the Mangird have bass that bleeds into the mids, or did the Blessing 2 have it? Which oneā€˜s mids sounded slightly veiled? Iā€™m kind of surprised that the B2 had more body in the mids and that the Tea had shoutier upper mids.

He or she had a misplaced modifier that made it hard to tell, but I think they meant the Mangird Tea had bass bleed (some.)

What I want to know is which is more ā€œengaging.ā€ Thereā€™s this quality, and I donā€™t know what creates it, where thereā€™s clarity and energy, but also a sensation where the music sort of invites you into it. The Starfield has it, and for over ear headphones, the Fidelio X2 have ā€œit.ā€

Blessing 2 struck me as clinical and dry according to reviews. Is that your experience of it?

Jun 14, 2020 at 7:24 AM Post #59 of 914

Mangird that does have the mid bass bleed into the mids. B2 is more transparent. With fuller mids on Mangird, they have thicker body. Shoutier uppper mids is on Blessing 2.

Jun 14, 2020 at 7:29 AM Post #60 of 914
Mangird that does have the mid bass bleed into the mids. B2 is more transparent. With fuller mids on Mangird, they have thicker body. Shoutier uppper mids is on Blessing 2.
Ahhh... I thought the shoutier upper mids were the Mangird, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back