XENNS (previously known as Mangird) Impressions Thread
Jun 3, 2021 at 11:53 PM Post #466 of 914
I'm still reading and making some research to find my next step-up from Mangird Tea.
My short list now includes:
- Penon Volt (currently ahead)
- Thieaudio Oracle/Clairvoiance
- Tansio Mirai Land
- Softears Rsv
- UM Mest MKII (out of budget now, but I might go crazy)

I'm happy (very happy) with Tea tuning so a Mangird Tea under steroids and a little better technicalities is what I'm looking for.
Any opinion, suggestion and listening impression is welcome!
I’d pick Clairvoyance, Oracle after all is cleaner sounding due to less BAs, so does RSV(it’s more of reality simulator).

MEST MKII is a lot more energetic and You may find it sound too rich and detailed and long term listening is a bit exhausting(I knew from the beginning and I wanted something energetic, so It perfectly fits my niche.)

I have Monarch and it’s as rich sounding as Tea, with greatly tuned treble.

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2021 at 3:20 AM Post #467 of 914
Anyone tried the ISN Audio C16 cable? seems a good cable at a very low price (umh... maybe too low) but it has some interesting reviews. not sure it is good for Tea though since it seems to boost low and nids, but given the price I could give it a try...

Jun 4, 2021 at 3:22 AM Post #468 of 914
I’d pick Clairvoyance, Oracle after all is cleaner sounding due to less BAs, so does RSV(it’s more of reality simulator).

MEST MKII is a lot more energetic and You may find it sound too rich and detailed and long term listening is a bit exhausting(I knew from the beginning and I wanted something energetic, so It perfectly fits my niche.)

I have Monarch and it’s as rich sounding as Tea, with greatly tuned treble.

that's a very interesting comment, thank you! now I'm even more biased towards the Mest since from your description could be the exact "further cup of Tea" I was looking for :)

Jun 10, 2021 at 10:55 AM Post #470 of 914
Hi! Does anyone here use a cable with a mic inside? I need a mic for my morning walks. Anything <$50 would be amazing. I've tried and tried on aliexpress, but can't seem to find anything.
I think your best bet is to get a bluetooth amp like the Qudelix 5k, Fiio BTR5 and get the mic that way and you will also have a good amp.

Jun 10, 2021 at 11:32 AM Post #471 of 914
Hi! Does anyone here use a cable with a mic inside? I need a mic for my morning walks. Anything <$50 would be amazing. I've tried and tried on aliexpress, but can't seem to find anything.
I've used this one a few times and was told my voice was clear at the other end (better than with my BTR5's microphone, but the BTR5 can use the microphone that is integrated in the cable, which is great) : https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001733118885.html
I wonder how the connection works, what wires are sacrificed. I assume that the side with the microphone has 2 wires for the audio signal and 2 wires for the microphone or maybe 2 wires for the shared ground (mic and audio), 1 wire for the microphone (+) and 1 wire for the audio (+).

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2021 at 11:53 AM Post #472 of 914
Is it just me, or is the Tea extremely tip-dependent?

With my favorite Final Audio Type B tips - mids are pushed forward, notes are too thick, bass is bloated
With double-flange Hifiman tips - almost perfect tonality, larger soundstage, bass is of a higher quality.

What are your favorite tips, and which other tips have you tried?

Jun 13, 2021 at 2:43 PM Post #473 of 914
for me (i.e. only to my ears...) the included Starline tips are working very well. bass is dense but not bloated, stage is very expanded, mids are just delicious. if I have to find something, maybe I would like a little bit more air and extension in the highs, but overall I'm very happy with them. I have ordered the Spinfit cp100 and cp145 and when they arrive (maybe in july) I'll see if something better can be done.

Jun 13, 2021 at 3:08 PM Post #474 of 914
Is it just me, or is the Tea extremely tip-dependent?

With my favorite Final Audio Type B tips - mids are pushed forward, notes are too thick, bass is bloated
With double-flange Hifiman tips - almost perfect tonality, larger soundstage, bass is of a higher quality.

What are your favorite tips, and which other tips have you tried?
Yeah, personally the best tips are Dekoni, Some silicon tips for some reason make the highs ear-piercing and in other cases, they create a vacuum inside my ear, it feels horrible; to be honest, it was almost a deal-breaker the first time that I used my teas but I love the resolution and overall clarity.

Dekoni's balance out the whole sound signature and (for me) they actually extend the soundstage a bit... (possibly because of the fit) I'd recommend getting a pack with all the sizes so you can find the one that fits the best for you! You can find them on amazon.

Jun 13, 2021 at 4:29 PM Post #475 of 914
Starline included - balanced sound signature, works well, very very cheap, not The most airy sound.

Final Type E - narrow soundstage, more V sound signature, better bass slam, mids a little too recessed for me but works well for some music.

Radius Deep Mount - wider soundstage, more airy sound, fuller general presentation, little less bass slam (little). With ePro Horn Shaped my favourite.

Sedna Xelastec - similar to Radius but with a little less air and smaller stage, more omph (mid-bass).

ePro Horn Shaped - widest soundstage Of all tips i have, most air and better mids, little less bass slam (like Radius).

I don’t like foam tips on the Tea, they kill the sound of the Tea for me, less detail, less air and muffled bass.

Generally speaking largest is the bore airier and larger is the sound but you loose something in the bass region.

Only my opinion.

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2021 at 4:37 PM Post #476 of 914
Last edited:
Jun 13, 2021 at 11:04 PM Post #477 of 914
So, after coming back to the tips topic I got my tin foil hat on and started investigating more about ear tips... found this thread, maybe it's not going to be new for some of you, though after doing that "mod" to the stock Starline tips I've been blown away! Maybe it's just a placebo effect but I really like the sound that results from this, the bass is punchier, the highs recess a little more but without a loss in the mids, also, the fit is just great, feels a bit weird in the beginning -kinda like if the headphones were going to fall-.

Jun 13, 2021 at 11:11 PM Post #478 of 914
Got the pac480 cable from penon.

I'm not sure if its the cable or because its balanced, probably a bit of both. The sound improvements takes the Tea to another level. Everything is expanded and vocals seem to take a step back making it more in line with the rest of the music, so many other improvements its hard to list.

Once I settle in to the sound I'll experiment with tips.

2021-06-11.jpg

Jun 14, 2021 at 5:52 AM Post #480 of 914
I've used this one a few times and was told my voice was clear at the other end (better than with my BTR5's microphone, but the BTR5 can use the microphone that is integrated in the cable, which is great) : https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001733118885.html
I wonder how the connection works, what wires are sacrificed. I assume that the side with the microphone has 2 wires for the audio signal and 2 wires for the microphone or maybe 2 wires for the shared ground (mic and audio), 1 wire for the microphone (+) and 1 wire for the audio (+).
Legend! Appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back