XENNS (previously known as Mangird) Impressions Thread
Jun 3, 2021 at 9:57 AM Post #451 of 914
I find the Tea to be very sensitive to cable choice. I think I’ve tried more cables with this IEM than with any other IEM, including my typical go-to selections, a pure silver cable and a single crystal UPOCC cable. After all that experimentation, I found this relatively inexpensive cable (when purchased during a sale) to sound the best to me, to my surprise. I’m guessing the Faaeal copper cable probably sounds very similar.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000097502378.html
0E9674FD-33A1-44F6-B275-E3C2D76282EC.jpeg
Good advice!
That NiceHCK cable is... nice. It's a good value when it's on sale at 50% ish off, otherwise the FAAEAL cable is a much better value.
I have it right now next to the FAAEAL cable and as far as I can tell, the copper wire is identical. I really like the 4 conductor cables with fairly thick wire gauge, but not stiff, like these.
The NiceHCK connectors are a bit nicer IMO.
The only thing that could make a difference in terms of conductivity (and sound) is shoddy soldering, but as they are 4 conductor cables, all conductors MUST be soldered (unlike some infamous 8 or 16 conductor cables).

Jun 3, 2021 at 10:08 AM Post #452 of 914
Best match for me and my tastes is Tea with 7n upocc pure copper cable by Invictus Cable and Radius Deep Mount tips.
Better soundstage, more realistic vocals (sweet female vocal reproduction), and a bit better mid-bass presence, a bit less shine in general so i understand that some may not appreciate if they prefer brighter reproduction.

Jun 3, 2021 at 10:31 AM Post #453 of 914
I'm still reading and making some research to find my next step-up from Mangird Tea.
My short list now includes:
- Penon Volt (currently ahead)
- Thieaudio Oracle/Clairvoiance
- Tansio Mirai Land
- Softears Rsv
- UM Mest MKII (out of budget now, but I might go crazy)

I'm happy (very happy) with Tea tuning so a Mangird Tea under steroids and a little better technicalities is what I'm looking for.
Any opinion, suggestion and listening impression is welcome!

Jun 3, 2021 at 10:46 AM Post #454 of 914
Rick1982 I was recently dealing with the same situation, I love the Tea and I have other more expensive IEMs but the Tea was my measuring stick so to speak. I bought a second hand MEST off the trades here and it was worth every cent. There is an amazing quality that I believe the bone conduction driver brings that continually blows my mind! I paid a lot for me, never thinking I’d ever buy an iem that high priced but the MEST (original version) is like perfect plus!
The Tea is excellent and I mean that, I’m not trying to bugger up the thread but MEST is special!

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2021 at 11:27 AM Post #455 of 914
I'm still reading and making some research to find my next step-up from Mangird Tea.
- Tansio Mirai Land
- Softears Rsv
Of all those listed, the Penon Volt would probably be the closest to the Tea, but better IMHO. They are both definitely mid-centric tuned IEMs, with very full lower and mid midrange frequencies. The Volt is a bit warmer, with generous midbass, as opposed to the sub bass bias of the Tea. The treble on the Volt is well extended, but at a lower level, such that to me, it sounds more natural, but is not an immediate attention grabber. The Volt needs a LOT of time to burn in the ESTs. It sounded dark at first to me. The midrange is definitely smoother on the Volt, and the Tea sounds a bit coarse in comparison, which is surprising since they both utilize Sonion BAs for the midrange.

The Clairvoyance sounds more “neutral” compared to the warmer, lusher Volt, but also a bit more sterile. The bass on the Clair is sub bass biased like the Tea, but with quite a lot more bass quantity. The lower mids of the Clair are not as full as the Tea, but the upper mids are more pronounced, lending a sense of greater clarity. The Clair is very well extended in the upper treble, more so than either the Tea or Volt, but it sounds a bit unnatural because of it...to me at least.

Jun 3, 2021 at 11:43 AM Post #456 of 914
Rick1982 I was recently dealing with the same situation, I love the Tea and I have other more expensive IEMs but the Tea was my measuring stick so to speak. I bought a second hand MEST of the trades here and it was worth every cent. There is an amazing quality that I believe the bone conduction driver brings that continually blows my mind! I paid a lot for me, never thinking I’d ever buy an iem that high priced but the MEST (original version) is like perfect plus!
The Tea is excellent and I mean that, I’m not trying to bugger up the thread but MEST is special!
Many thanks, I'll add OG Mest to the list, maybe a used one (budget!).
Of all those listed, the Penon Volt would probably be the closest to the Tea, but better IMHO. They are both definitely mid-centric tuned IEMs, with very full lower and mid midrange frequencies. The Volt is a bit warmer, with generous midbass, as opposed to the sub bass bias of the Tea. The treble on the Volt is well extended, but at a lower level, such that to me, it sounds more natural, but is not an immediate attention grabber. The Volt needs a LOT of time to burn in the ESTs. It sounded dark at first to me. The midrange is definitely smoother on the Volt, and the Tea sounds a bit coarse in comparison, which is surprising since they both utilize Sonion BAs for the midrange.

The Clairvoyance sounds more “neutral” compared to the warmer, lusher Volt, but also a bit more sterile. The bass on the Clair is sub bass biased like the Tea, but with quite a lot more bass quantity. The lower mids of the Clair are not as full as the Tea, but the upper mids are more pronounced, lending a sense of greater clarity. The Clair is very well extended in the upper treble, more so than either the Tea or Volt, but it sounds a bit unnatural because of it...to me at least.
Mmm I think the Volt is my favorite vs Clair from your description... lower mids not as full as the Tea and upper mids more pronounced sounds to me like a little hole in the mid midrange that I find perfect on the Tea, it gives me the feeling of losing that "fluidity" of the mid frequencies that I like so much in Tea.
Regarding detail retrieving on Volt and speed (mainly transient speed and attack) vs Tea?
Many thanks for your impressions too.

Jun 3, 2021 at 11:59 AM Post #457 of 914
Hiya fellow audiophiles, newbie here to the forum!

How does the soundstage on the Mangird tea compare to the Fiio FD5? Love the FD5 for it's soundstage and am looking for a worthy companion/sidegrade to it and was wondering if they are worth picking up. Thanks!

Jun 3, 2021 at 12:56 PM Post #458 of 914
- Tansio Mirai Land
- Softears Rsv

I'm happy (very happy) with Tea tuning so a Mangird Tea under steroids and a little better technicalities is what I'm looking for.
Any opinion, suggestion and listening impression is welcome!
EE Bravado Mk2 really rocks but has good kids and estat highs causes dancing in seat

Jun 3, 2021 at 1:45 PM Post #459 of 914
Jun 3, 2021 at 2:12 PM Post #461 of 914
Bravado MkII added. Thanks!
I’m only afraid that The mids or kids are too recessed. But you aren’t The first that suggest me The EE Bravado mkII
I was torn between Land and Bravado Mk.II...but since I cannot live without a good mid presence, I went with the Land. I had a very good offer on the Bravado Mk.II also..

Jun 3, 2021 at 8:12 PM Post #465 of 914

Users who are viewing this thread

Back