XENNS (previously known as Mangird) Impressions Thread
Jun 24, 2021 at 5:25 PM Post #496 of 909
Very interesting! There are so many potentially great mid-fi price IEMs being released in the next few weeks. We are so spoiled.
Yeah it’s starting to get a bit overwhelming to be honest. I have the Oriolus Isabellae on preorder, and nevertheless have my eye on the ISN EST50, the Oracle, and now this new Mangird tribrid (mainly because the all-Sonion plus beryllium DD setup is so enticing).

Jun 24, 2021 at 6:00 PM Post #497 of 909
Variations-768x361.jpg

Jun 25, 2021 at 9:49 AM Post #502 of 909
Yeah I don’t know how Tea sounds. Read comments some months ago but forgot. Not to tickle a dead toad but what is general Tea signature?
Its V shaped and the defining characteristic is the forward vocals.

Jun 25, 2021 at 11:09 AM Post #503 of 909
I wouldn't say that the Tea is V shaped, it actually has a quirky sound signature because it's "balanced" but sometimes is a bit sparky in the treble

Jun 25, 2021 at 11:24 AM Post #504 of 909
I wouldn't say that the Tea is V shaped, it actually has a quirky sound signature because it's "balanced" but sometimes is a bit sparky in the treble
What?? I always heard the Tea was a bit dark in the treble??

Jun 25, 2021 at 11:50 AM Post #505 of 909
It's mild but I would call that a v

download_20210625_114945.png

Jun 25, 2021 at 12:03 PM Post #506 of 909
What?? I always heard the Tea was a bit dark in the treble??
Maybe I'm sensitive to it haha, Actually the first time I heard the set I was a bit worried because in some of the songs the snares and hats hit a tad too hard for me I think Zeos also found the same.

It's mild but I would call that a v

download_20210625_114945.png
veery mild... even most reviewers think it's a "balanced" IEM and I guess for most an actual V looks like this:

1624636862010.png

vs
1624636898684.png

but, what the heck is balanced anyway? In the end it's all about what we like to listen...

Jun 27, 2021 at 12:52 PM Post #508 of 909
Which has more balanced tuning, ISN 40 or Tea? How is Mangird QC? Thanks
I once watched a comparison between the two, unfortunately, I can't tell which is better as I don't have the ISN 40, Here is the comparison video:

I love the Teas, mine are winners in terms of quality, they sound amazing. The cable is a mixed bag... I didn't like it. Some people love it. My only complaint with the Teas is the small vacuum that it generates in your ear while using them with silicone tips for me the fix for this was to use Dekoni tips, though I've heard some users stating that after some time the vacuum simply goes away.

I've seen an increase in reviews lately and I haven't read/watched any negative one I think it's a well-regarded headphone that will not disappoint you.

Jun 27, 2021 at 1:14 PM Post #509 of 909
I love the Teas, mine are winners in terms of quality, they sound amazing. The cable is a mixed bag... I didn't like it. Some people love it. My only complaint with the Teas is the small vacuum that it generates in your ear while using them with silicone tips for me the fix for this was to use Dekoni tips, though I've heard some users stating that after some time the vacuum simply goes away.

I think they kinda fixed it in the last revision. Got mine in May and they come with a bigger vent and a lip on the nozzle. Mine where good ootb, but i hated the cable as well..

Edit: the box and the tips also changed

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2021 at 4:43 PM Post #510 of 909
I got mine beginning of may too, also in my case absolutely no problem, very good ootb using the stock KZ Starline tips.
I also happened to like the stock cable, have tried a couple others but always returned to the stock one. I'm waiting for the ISN C16 and the XINHS Graphene 8 core, maybe those will be an upgrade, let's see.
all in all I can say that after a couple of months, I'm still in my honeymoon with these Tea, IMHO an absolute bargain at the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back