Xears Thread (formerly TD III)
Oct 10, 2012 at 9:16 AM Post #886 of 957
I'm questioning how useful it would be to have seperate plugs for the drivers like with the XPA2PRO's. Would that just create another point for eventual problems? They do look great imo and getting those extra 3 tips (hard, medium, soft) would give me a nice opportunity to experiment with different tips :) I'm thinking about buying these. Could anyone post their impression of these when they arrive?

Oct 10, 2012 at 9:19 AM Post #887 of 957
btw the prices seem to have gone up even with the coupon. 35,- a couple now :wink:

edit: got impatient for responses so I just ordered them, hope to get them very soon since I live in the Netherlands and they're shipped from Germany :)

Oct 11, 2012 at 5:37 AM Post #889 of 957
No I haven't asked about anything, just wanted to see for myself if it all works. I'll post an impression when I've gotten around to playing with them for a bit :wink:
Also noticed that the "delivery" section doesn't mention the extra tips you see in the picture? (the ones with hard/medium/soft underneath)

Oct 16, 2012 at 9:07 AM Post #892 of 957
I received the XPA2PRO's today! :D (delivered in only one week if I remember correctly). So here a little first impression (writing this after 15 minutes of listening and I've been using the standard apple earbuds because there was truly nothing else to use, so don't expect the review of a true hifi audio connaisseur)

I like 'em. This is the first time in a month or two where I've been able to tell instruments from each other and I've missed this. They really have a punchy bass (not too dominant), clear mids and crisp highs (song sound as they should, nicely balanced). Fit isn't hard to find, right from the box I found my fit and I usually struggle with this. The only thing is that I find it hard to get a fit when wearing these over-the-ear but that is probably because the plugs going into the drivercase aren't normally there. When wearing these straight down, they fit just fine.

At first I had my doubts about having extra plugs in the cable because that would just be another weak spot, right? Now I think Thomas really has thought about this. My last pair of Xears broke because the cable would get stuck somewhere and it'd pull the earphones out of my ears as soon as I tried to move from my spot. Eventually the drivers broke loose from the case, resulting in earphones hanging together by nothing but the wire between driver and the cable leading to the plug. If that were to happen now, i expect the plugs to release from the drivercases, resulting in no damage! I think this might make these in-ears last a lot longer because I haven't gotten a pair of Xears yet that have survived for over a year.

The design is something I like as well, the aluminum casing gives it a really sturdy feel, these are built to last. Though the cable doesn't seem to have any extra protection to prevent breaking or anything else, it seems kinda flimsy (nothing a bit of tape can't fix, right?). The only question I've got is where those three different audiofilters are for. I've gotten little black plastic, red metal and ordinary metal tubes that screw into the drivercase but I'm not sure what the difference is. I've been playing around with them a little but the difference hasn't become clear to me yet. Could somebody shed a bit of light on these audiofilters? (Thanks to MuZo2 for making clear what they are called)

All in all, I'm enjoying these. They have a nice look, great sound and I'm sure you can't go wrong here when you've got a pair for only 42 euros (incl. shipping).

Oct 17, 2012 at 3:52 AM Post #893 of 957
I know these "filters" from xm100pro (mini rocket) (p55/#811)
I heard a noticable difference between the black plastic (very bad) and the metal tube.

btw, considered the xpa2, too -for a short moment - but finally went for the new Brainwavz R1, ugly but dual driver for just €25. 

Oct 17, 2012 at 3:35 PM Post #894 of 957
Wow!, that replaceable cable looks like the Panasonic hje900 ones. Anyone knows if thomas is selling the replaceable cables alone?.
I'm looking for an alternative to the sleeks cables ones.
Thanks, and sorry about my english... :)

Oct 25, 2012 at 12:33 PM Post #895 of 957
Quote:
I received the XPA2PRO's today! :D (delivered in only one week if I remember correctly). So here a little first impression (writing this after 15 minutes of listening and I've been using the standard apple earbuds because there was truly nothing else to use, so don't expect the review of a true hifi audio connaisseur)......

Any review helps me out! I actually STILL havn't decided which pair to buy yet haha.

I have managed to narrow it down to the XPA2Pro, XSR330Pro (Potentially eliminating this one), XR120Pro III, and XE200Pro, but other than that... I'm still not super certain of what direction I'm going to take. Definitely gonna pull the trigger on one of em in the new few weeks, but comparisons on a couple of those is scarce.

I'm wanting to see how the successor of the XT2Pro AuxIn seems to love turns out. Seems to me they'd be a strong bet on what I'm looking for just from what he has mentioned about them.

Oct 25, 2012 at 4:03 PM Post #896 of 957
I am on a same path. Thinking about XPA2PRO, just wondering how they compare to RE-0 for example. What I like is that it seems they are not all about the bass... Looking forward to any impressions about xpa2pros. 

Oct 25, 2012 at 6:34 PM Post #897 of 957
Heya,
10 months ago I was lurking around this forum to find myself a low budget pair of earphones and decided to pick up xe200pro. I loved the sound signature but sadly right earphone just stopped working. I'm unsure if I want to go for them again, since I did have some fitting issues (I guess I have small ears). Should I look for something else, maybe TD4? They seem to have better fit but I'm not sure I want to trade sound quality for it. How about XBF400PRO or XPA2PRO? I listen to metal/rock primarily, but also classical and electronic. I'm leaning towards xe200pro again so I would love any other suggestion that would not make my ears bleed by sound or fitting issues.

Oct 26, 2012 at 10:03 AM Post #898 of 957
So I've narrowed it down a bit after some more research (srsly how did such a low cost buy managed to get so complicated lol?). Now I'm deciding between Xears (xe200pro or TD4), Vsonic GR02 and Sony MH1C. I liked the sound of Xears but build quality and bad fit is what is breaking the deal for me here. Checking others opinion on GR02  compared to Xears is confusing me even further as I can't make out which is better for my preferences. And lastly I found a review of MH1C which is a current hype on this forum and everyone is going crazy over them for the price (20€). Could anyone who owns a pair of Xears and MH1C compare them?

Oct 26, 2012 at 11:55 AM Post #899 of 957
No idea about the Sony  or Vsonic, but if you liked XE200 and want more comfort,
I would recommend M700pro (maestro) - best fitting IEM I ever had - soundwise very close to xe200 (after burn-in!).
But since "klangfuzzis" increased to €35 (plus shipping if overseas), I would go for the 
new Brainwavz R1 - if you liked xe200, you´ll love R1 (at least I do both)
unfortunately out of presale now (was €25 incl. fedex - real bargain)
the fit is another question on these .... I´m fine with the comply tips

Oct 26, 2012 at 1:10 PM Post #900 of 957
Yeah I was looking at R1 as well. It would be a nobrainer at 25. Now I also found JVC HA-FX31 which is also priced in ~30€ range... I might just wait for Dsnuts review on R1 in his discovery thread and see how he compares them to FX31. Xears at 43€ just don't seem worth it any more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back