Xears Thread (formerly TD III)
Jul 7, 2013 at 4:01 AM Post #931 of 957
I don't know where you're from but EU-wide there's a law that says this, basically:

There's a warranty period of 2 years, starting with the date of purchase. In the case of a defect, during the first 6 months, the seller will have to prove that the goods he sold were in good working condition at the time of purchase. He has to prove that the issue, which led to the defect, wasn't there at the time.
After the first 6 months this gets turned around and the buyer has to prove that the cause of a defect was in fact there at the time of purchase.

As this would be hard to prove, and especially expensive, no side would try to prove anything. In the first 6 months the seller would send out a second item and, for the following 18 months, the buyer would repair the goods on his own or simply throw them away.

In Germany for example we do have two different words for warranty / guarantee. The one is set by law and has to be 24 months for new stuff or 12 months for used things (if sold by a business). This is something you'd always get and it's something between the seller / shop and the customer / buyer.
The other thing is purely voluntary, can be given as long as "lifetime" / 25 years, and will be given to the customer, by the manufacturer.

Jul 7, 2013 at 5:29 AM Post #932 of 957
Quote:
I don't know where you're from but EU-wide there's a law that says this, basically:

There's a warranty period of 2 years, starting with the date of purchase. In the case of a defect, during the first 6 months, the seller will have to prove that the goods he sold were in good working condition at the time of purchase. He has to prove that the issue, which led to the defect, wasn't there at the time.
After the first 6 months this gets turned around and the buyer has to prove that the cause of a defect was in fact there at the time of purchase.

As this would be hard to prove, and especially expensive, no side would try to prove anything. In the first 6 months the seller would send out a second item and, for the following 18 months, the buyer would repair the goods on his own or simply throw them away.

In Germany for example we do have two different words for warranty / guarantee. The one is set by law and has to be 24 months for new stuff or 12 months for used things (if sold by a business). This is something you'd always get and it's something between the seller / shop and the customer / buyer.
The other thing is purely voluntary, can be given as long as "lifetime" / 25 years, and will be given to the customer, by the manufacturer.

I'm from India. The pictures were requested to try and prove it was my fault? And when it couldn't be proved, the warranty claim was cited, which meant I was supposed to try and prove that the damage was present at the time of manufacture? Which logically can't be done...

So, 6 months warranty. I don't think a majority of the people know this. And this post will soon be lost.

What really disappoints me is the fact that it died despite me taking really special care of it(as xears isn't known for their build quality).

Jul 7, 2013 at 8:46 AM Post #933 of 957
Might be true, yes, but that's part of buying stuff internationally. It's EU-wide and unless someone states something about voluntary warranty regulations, that's what you get.
Just like when you're buying stuff from China and you have to pay for the shipping yourself (in case of a defect). For most of the things it's cheaper to just buy it again (as shipping something to China, from here, is quite expensive while it seems to be dirt cheap the other way around).

Jul 22, 2013 at 1:23 PM Post #934 of 957
Thank you for these posts. I was looking to purchase some headphones from xears and now of course I will not.

Making stuff to last for six months and then trying to weasel their way out of warranties is dirty. What's next? An IC in a headphone blowing up and "demanding proof" because people don't take **** behaviour like this to court?

I'll stay away from Xears as I don't like the smell.

Aug 12, 2013 at 12:22 PM Post #935 of 957
If anyone is interested, I have the Xears Woodynator XW700Pro and they sound great.  This may sound ridiculous, but I also have the Ortofon e-q5, and I prefer the Woodynators.  The Woodynators have almost as much detail and clarity as the Ortofons, while having more bass.  The Xears sound thicker than the Ortofons (because of the bass quantity) but they both have similar detail retrieval.

I think the code KLANGFUZZIS still works.
http://www.xears.com/produkte/xears-woodynator-xw700pro

Aug 12, 2013 at 7:09 PM Post #936 of 957
Warranty is 6 months to be exact 
blink.gif

I had a pair, terrible fit, bloated sound and too bassy, though I like bass, these were way too much, horrible J cable, and terrible material. Sold them after a week. Never again... Oh and did I mention the horrible driver flex? 

Aug 13, 2013 at 8:18 AM Post #937 of 957
Quote:
If anyone is interested, I have the Xears Woodynator XW700Pro and they sound great.  This may sound ridiculous, but I also have the Ortofon e-q5, and I prefer the Woodynators.  The Woodynators have almost as much detail and clarity as the Ortofons, while having more bass.  The Xears sound thicker than the Ortofons (because of the bass quantity) but they both have similar detail retrieval.

I think the code KLANGFUZZIS still works.
http://www.xears.com/produkte/xears-woodynator-xw700pro

How is the Cable? Does it have a tight fit or does it come off a lot?

I've got the XE200pro for a while now. Absolute quality.

Sep 15, 2013 at 1:12 AM Post #939 of 957
Are the Pure Audio XPA2PRO worthy at 35 Euros + 8 Euros of shipping? 

Sep 16, 2013 at 2:55 AM Post #940 of 957
Since a few days, the cable of my XE200Pro started giving issues too.
Joker advised the Sony MH1C. Since he is the one who brought me to Xears, I ordered a pair of Sony MH1 + connector cable to test the sound quality.
But I loved the sound of the XE200Pro, so I want to try another pair of Xears, but I'm going for a detacheble cable this time.
I Mainly listen to Britrock/Indie music. I like the deep rumbling bass-guitar riffs, instrument (guitar) separation as well as a spacious sound.
What would you advise me? The Xears XW700PRO or the XPA2PRO?

Thanks!

Sep 16, 2013 at 9:23 AM Post #941 of 957
I´ve had nearly a dozen pairs of xears (also xe200pro - still in use ...sometimes), also MH1c,
but -tbh- I would recommend Brainwavz R1 if you´re after bass :wink:
(offered for less than $30 from time to time)

Sep 16, 2013 at 10:48 AM Post #942 of 957
I'm interested in the XPA2PRO but everytime I'm ready to buy I read about a new Xears with cable issues. Should I forget about this brand? I was looking for an IEM with inline mic ~ $50. The best recommendation I got so far is the LG Quadbeat, but I wanted to get a more higher end product and Xears seemed to be the place to go.

Sep 16, 2013 at 1:54 PM Post #943 of 957
The cable is the reason I'm not buying a XE200Pro, but I loved the sound. Therefore I'm looking at the XW700Pro or the XPA2Pro.
I like bass, but I'm afraid the Brainwavz R1has too much of it, bringing the whole in dis-balance.
Bass is nice for electronic music, but too much of it could ruin a rock song.

Sep 16, 2013 at 2:36 PM Post #944 of 957
What makes you feel you will be safe with the XPA2PRO and detachable cables? I know you could replace them easier, but still I wouldn't like to spend $20 every year on cable replacement — I'd rather go with a better build quality. 

Anybody out there with durable Xears that can prove somehow the problems with cables and warranties at Xears are just few isolated cases?

Sep 16, 2013 at 4:54 PM Post #945 of 957
  What makes you feel you will be safe with the XPA2PRO and detachable cables? I know you could replace them easier, but still I wouldn't like to spend $20 every year on cable replacement — I'd rather go with a better build quality. 

You're right about that, 15 euro for a cable isn't cheap, I'm wondering if the VSonic GR06 wouldn't be a better choice.
Read this: http://www.head-fi.org/t/580759/my-vsonic-collection-has-begun-r04pro-gr06-gr07-i-am-a-fan-comparisons-post-62/15#post_7942161

Users who are viewing this thread

Back