Xears Thread (formerly TD III)
Aug 17, 2012 at 12:00 PM Post #860 of 957
Quote:
Warranty ends after 6 months

Quote:
Sec. 5 Warranty
1. Statutory provisions.
2. The warranty period for used goods is different from the statutory scheme - one year after the delivery of the goods.
The one-year warranty period shall not apply to the seller at fault, attributable to damage caused from the loss of life, bodily harm or health and grossly negligent or intentionally caused damage or bad faith of the seller, as per recourse under Sec. 478, 479 of BGB.

Aug 21, 2012 at 1:14 PM Post #862 of 957
Hi,I m new to head-fi and I am having hard time finding a comparison between Xears XE200PRO and VSonic GR02 Bass Edition.I dont know which one to buy.Gonna replace my Sennheiser CX400.Any opinions on how these two compare?Which is better...All your opinions woulld be really helpful.Thanks.

Aug 22, 2012 at 10:56 AM Post #863 of 957
I still find it really odd that everyone is recommending the xe200pro over all the others disregarding the price. This is making it hard to decide/commit to a buy some over my current sennheiser CX400II (money is a bit tight at the moment).

Aug 22, 2012 at 11:18 AM Post #864 of 957
Quote:
I still find it really odd that everyone is recommending the xe200pro over all the others disregarding the price. This is making it hard to decide/commit to a buy some over my current sennheiser CX400II (money is a bit tight at the moment).

What others?

The price is not what you see on the site, use the coupon KLANGFUZZIS

Aug 23, 2012 at 10:21 AM Post #865 of 957
i know they are the same price with the code, but the average Joe off the street would look at those prices and figure the most expensive is the better choice. The XE200PRO are €109, the more expensive MH700PRO €129 and the ones that Joker seem to prefer the N3 are €89.90... which ones are the best?

Sep 5, 2012 at 5:17 PM Post #867 of 957
For TM2/TM3/TM4/TM5 owners...
Try to close the hole around the cable on the earphone with some foam. More is the hole closed, lesser the bass.
I did so on my TM3 and the sound is changed from night to day, because this changes the tuning frequency of the earphone, like a bass-reflex box. If the driver and the shell of TM2/4/5 are the same of TM3, with this mod you'll be very very happy.
Some years ago I bought TM3, XB120, XT120, TD II and after the mod I use only TM3 (these are even smaller and fits better in my ear).
I've spoken with Thomas about that but I don't know if there are some improvement in the last TM-series earphones.
Good luck :)

Sep 6, 2012 at 8:59 AM Post #868 of 957
damn ... less bass? 
biggrin.gif

I don´t know the other TM models, but I´ve had the TM5 and (TBH) these were the worst xears I ever heard
(and I had quite a few, see #847 and #842): no Bass, no treble, just flat&dead.
But the guy I sold them to was pretty happy.
blink.gif

However, another good way to reduce bass (+ add brightness and air) is to use Complyfoamies.
The 400-series matches very well (i.e. S400)

Sep 6, 2012 at 9:28 PM Post #869 of 957
Hello.
I read a lot about the xe200pro (along with many other iems), and these wooden beauties are always on my mind. I think I'm going to get them!
Still, I see that nobody has made a comparation between the different wood material versions. For example I read that the ebony ones have a "darker/deeper" sound, whatever that means; walnut version is not recommended for the "J" cord. I found no word about the bambus/bamboo/Maya.
Which one should I get? Is it just aesthetics?

Being I a very very doubtful person, I am actually not 100% convinced, especially due to the discomfort of the big shell, and the hardly possible deep insertion (which I prefer). Alternatives? I'm considering the Brainwavz M4 (now discounted; but not wooden), what do you think?
Thanks, I'll keep reading this great forum!

Sep 6, 2012 at 9:49 PM Post #870 of 957
Hello. I read a lot about the xe200pro (along with many other iems), and these wooden beauties are always on my mind. I think I'm going to get them! Still, I see that nobody has made a comparation between the different wood material versions. For example I read that the ebony ones have a "darker/deeper" sound, whatever that means; walnut version is not recommended for the "J" cord. I found no word about the bambus/bamboo/Maya. Which one should I get? Is it just aesthetics?   Being I a very very doubtful person, I am actually not 100% convinced, especially due to the discomfort of the big shell, and the hardly possible deep insertion (which I prefer). Alternatives? I'm considering the Brainwavz M4 (now discounted; but not wooden), what do you think? Thanks, I'll keep reading this great forum!

I don't know about the different materials of the xears but owing both the m4 and the xe200pro I can tell you they're like day and night. Completely different sound signatures. What sound do you prefer? oh and i actually find the xears very comfortable but I can assume that to people with small ears it could be a problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Back