Xears Thread (formerly TD III)
Apr 16, 2012 at 2:36 AM Post #756 of 957
Hi guys,

First of all, I would like to say thank you for this whole thread! I would never had learned about Xears otherwise! In fact, I joined the forum because of this!
I'm in the market looking for some earphones with flat cables, and the Xears seem to be a perfect fit for me.
Right now I am debating on whether to get the Ultraphiles or the XGF500PRO Blue Edition,
It seems like the Ultraphiles are more often discussed here. The only problem is its color scheme which reminds me of the Beats, otherwise, I really like how it looks.
The casing of the XGF500PRO looks somewhat cheap to me, but I do like the blue color its got.
I tried to do some search on the XGF500s here, but couldn't really find a good review on the sound quality.
I typically listen to Rock or some asian music which is focused more on the vocals, but I also do like to listen to some of the more bass heavy songs once in a while too.
Can anyone give me some opinions or comparison on the sound and build quality on these? 
Your suggestion is very much appreciated, thanks!

Apr 20, 2012 at 2:44 AM Post #758 of 957
I must say that td4 is big dissapoitment, it isnt better than soundmagic e10/e30/es18.
And it is even bass light, pl30 level bass, not even up to e30. And i got perfect seal.

Apr 20, 2012 at 7:40 AM Post #759 of 957

Quote:
I must say that td4 is big dissapoitment, it isnt better than soundmagic e10/e30/es18.
And it is even bass light, pl30 level bass, not even up to e30. And i got perfect seal.

Really? The E30? Are you talking about the bass only or quality in general? I have the E30 and they are very neutral how can be bass worse than that?

Apr 22, 2012 at 12:14 PM Post #761 of 957
XE200 are quite huge, but how deep do you have to insert them to get a decent sound, a good seal?
Is it much of a hassle to plug it into the earcanal? Or don't they need a deep insertion which would make things more comfortable because you can plug it out and in fast and without problems?

Apr 24, 2012 at 6:51 PM Post #762 of 957
I've bought XE200Pro Walnut and TD4 Black Ebony two weeks ago. After 10-20 hours of burn in, I can tell you my first impressions about them. 

My mp3 reader is the new Sansa Clip Zip (original firmware). After the first listening, I thought "OMG! Xears are terrible!" In fact they're really particular and in the first place I was really disappointed. I was used to listen music with Sennheiser MX 370 (10-20€ earbuds) and Sennheiser HD 457 (30€ fantastic headphones). But Xears are a totally different story. If you're looking for a good pair of balanced IEMs, stay away from Xears! They're not IEMs for everyone. They need time to be appreciated. Now after many hours listening music, I love them!

Reading some reviews you can think that Xears construction quality is really bad. I don't agree, the quality of these IEMs is really good.

Personally I prefer XE200Pro over TD4. Both have a deep dark sound, if you compare them with more balanced IEMs. XE200 dark sound is less noticeable. TD4 are a little bit too dark for me, in fact the vocals are attenuate. At the contrary XE200 reproduce very clear vocals, treble, mids and fantastic bass. TD4 bass is nothing special, not deep enough.

XE200 are clearly better than TD4. XE200 are almost perfect, if you are looking for excellent bass. The only cons is the dark sound, even if it's not so noticeable. However it can be a real problem listening some songs, especially songs with a dark sound. They're perfect to listen pop or disco music, never heard bass like that!   

Apr 24, 2012 at 7:02 PM Post #763 of 957

Quote:
I've bought XE200Pro Walnut and TD4 Black Ebony two weeks ago. After 10-20 hours of burn in, I can tell you my first impressions about them. 

My mp3 reader is the new Sansa Clip Zip (original firmware). After the first listening, I thought "OMG! Xears are terrible!" In fact they're really particular and in the first place I was really disappointed. I was used to listen music with Sennheiser MX 370 (10-20€ earbuds) and Sennheiser HD 457 (30€ fantastic headphones). But Xears are a totally different story. If you're looking for a good pair of balanced IEMs, stay away from Xears! They're not IEMs for everyone. They need time to be appreciated. Now after many hours listening music, I love them!

Reading some reviews you can think that Xears construction quality is really bad. I don't agree, the quality of these IEMs is really good.

Personally I prefer XE200Pro over TD4. Both have a deep dark sound, if you compare them with more balanced IEMs. XE200 dark sound is less noticeable. TD4 are a little bit too dark for me, in fact the vocals are attenuate. At the contrary XE200 reproduce very clear vocals, treble, mids and fantastic bass. TD4 bass is nothing special, not deep enough.

XE200 are clearly better than TD4. XE200 are almost perfect, if you are looking for excellent bass. The only cons is the dark sound, even if it's not so noticeable. However it can be a real problem listening some songs, especially songs with a dark sound. They're perfect to listen pop or disco music, never heard bass like that!   

Thank you for this. I'm about to receive the XE200 in days...I actually thought they were a balanced pair more or less? Well...crap! I wonder if the XR120 pro are instead. Joker said "The XR120 is the first Xears earphone I’ve heard that places no emphasis on the lower half of the frequency spectrum." So I was wondering if the xr120 don't carry the dark sound(?)
Why nobody has that pair on here? :p

Apr 25, 2012 at 5:32 AM Post #764 of 957
Guys I didn't mean to scare you about XE200 dark sound. After some hours you'll not notice it anymore. XE200 dark sound is quite soft, and it doesn't affect the vocals. Vocals are always perfectly clear, like every other details of the music. In fact I'm shocked about this! XE200 bass are fabulous, funny, powerful and detailed, but they're always correct, I mean if a pop song doesn't have bass, xe200 will reproduce it perfectly without any bass. In some ways XE200 are like a miracle, because they never miss a sound detail, but their bass is always present and really powerful.

So be careful about XE200, they're like a drug, after you listen songs with them, you can't use other IEMs. Obviously they have some cons as I wrote in the previous reply. Some tracks of "The Offspring" album "Splinter" are terrible with XE200. Don't know if you know "The Offspring", they're a Californian punk/rock band. Some of their songs are more soft and with a clear sound, if you listen them with XE200 everything is ok, but for example in "Splinter" many tracks are more hard rock and with a less clear sound, in this situation XE200 are terrible, because they add more dark to an already dark song, so the sound becomes really confused and not clear. It's not easy to explain, I hope you've understood what I mean. 

Other cons of the XE200 are the J cord and that they need a deep insertion, otherwise you'll never heard their fabulous bass. And tips quality is quite poor. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back